It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If everyone went to space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just want to say first off: I've never been to space

I know I know...kind of a surprise

I can honestly say up untill I saw the movie Huble 3D It never really clicked how MAGNIFICENT the universe truly is. Something about seeing space so clearly and crisply really reminds me of 'the bigger picture', if you will. it reminds me what life is really about.

I just feel that if everyone on planet earth was able to go to space and see it, in its expanding totality, we would be better people as a collective conciousness. Now I can only truly speak for myself but I feel something about this experience would re-awaken an awareness, there is something spiritually familiar (if I may) about space.

Even seeing space in a very limited way, as I did. It just never gets old...I feel at peace, It reminds me that physicality is a manifestation of spirit.

I don't think you could go to space and not see that there is a Creator. There is something alive and re-assuring about space.

Its very hard to put in words, but I think it changes your being, and it is a privilege we all deserve.

edit on 4-12-2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I agree. I have read that those that went to the Moon, stood on it, and looked back at Earth, were moved and enlightened. They saw the majestic beauty of the Universe and were forever moved.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZacharyW

Here here! I once watched an IMAX movie here in Portland and it was about our blue gem planet. It had footage and commentary from astronauts who said they never realized how precious, fragile and unique our existence is, especially seeing our planet from out there against the backdrop of vast and dark space.
So aside from an entertaining expedition, a trip to space may serve as educational and reviving of the human spirit.
I often post this vid and I feel it pertains to this thread.

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This idea kind of reminds me of the way of the Kogi tribe. The Kogi are a Native American tribe that live in Columbia and are one of the only, if not the only, pre-Columbian era tribes still alive (e.g. Mayans, Incas, etc.).

When a baby is born into the Kogi world, he or she is kept in complete solitude for up to a max of 18 years of age. They are never allowed to leave and must be kept in the darkness. They only time they are fed and visited is at night time to further prevent them from seeing the outside world. During this time they are supposed to meditate and find themselves spiritually. After the 18 years have passed, they are taking out at nighttime to a mountain side, where it is about to be sunrise.

The first real visual sighting they ever experience is a magnificent sunrise.

This is suppose to be a spiritual thing for them and could be compared, at least from my perspective, to people seeing the world for the first time from outer-space. Nice thread!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZacharyW
I don't think you could go to space and not see that there is a Creator.

edit on 4-12-2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

I totally agree. To deny the obvious magnificience of a Creator capable of all this just seems like complete and utter ignorance IMO.
Space in all of its possibilities really opens your eyes.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hopefully that's what Richard Branson has in mind with his company "Virgin" having aspirations for commercial space flight.

Alas, commercial implies some money is to be had of course, but I hope after he feels rich enough from the endeavour he feels compelled to start thinking beyond his wallet and charts a course for human ingenuity.

start with a spaceport/colony in earth orbit, then eventually moon/mars. start mining and designing the necessary technologies to think about getting to saturn's moon titan and from there everything would unfold naturally.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by ZacharyW

Here here! I once watched an IMAX movie here in Portland and it was about our blue gem planet. It had footage and commentary from astronauts who said they never realized how precious, fragile and unique our existence is, especially seeing our planet from out there against the backdrop of vast and dark space.
So aside from an entertaining expedition, a trip to space may serve as educational and reviving of the human spirit.
I often post this vid and I feel it pertains to this thread.

Peace,
spec
cool vid thanks, the narration is VERY similar to Hubble 3D.

top topics

join