It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOTAL Eclipse of the MOON-December 10th!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
WOW! It will be happening early next saturday morning. I will be waking up early for sure to witness this

science.nasa.gov...

The action begins around 4:45 am Pacific Standard Time when the red shadow of Earth first falls across the lunar disk. By 6:05 am Pacific Time, the Moon will be fully engulfed in red light. This event—the last total lunar eclipse until 2014—is visible from the Pacific side of North America, across the entire Pacific Ocean to Asia and Eastern Europe

edit on 4-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

is visible from the Pacific side of North America, across the entire Pacific Ocean to Asia and Eastern Europe

So will I not be able to see it here in England. Not that it matters, it will likely be cloudy anyways.

ALS

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thanks man, you got a star and flag from me on this. I know what ill be doing at that time

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sweet! Looks as though I will be in prime viewing for an event finally! Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Will arizona be able to see it? or will we get just a partial?
edit on 4-12-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
Will arizona be able to see it? or will we get just a partial?
edit on 4-12-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

The action begins around 4:45 am Pacific Standard Time when the red shadow of Earth first falls across the lunar disk. By 6:05 am Pacific Time, the Moon will be fully engulfed in red light. This event—the last total lunar eclipse until 2014—is visible from the Pacific side of North America, across the entire Pacific Ocean to Asia and Eastern Europe
science.nasa.gov...

Global Visibility Map:
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Darn, I am going to end up missing it. It is too cold to go outside at that time. The cold is very painful to my joints and it hurts every time I breath.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I live in San Diego and will make sure to post some pics for those who can view it. We have some awesome moon views when it sets in the morning. I will go to Moonlight beach Encinitas as long as there is no marine layer to get some shots.!! Thanks for the reminder OP

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Oh how cool is that! Thank you for posting! I bet I would have missed it.
Now I've got to figure out if I'll be able to view it from here in Sicily.

Thanks!

peace

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
OP: thanks for posting. Gearing up. According to the news the event will be fraught with optical illusion.

news.yahoo.com...

Also I've never seen an eclipse on the horizon. Kind of all new. Especially the part about the sun and moon both being visible at the same time - going to take more than this link to explain that to me. All I understand is the impossible part. Also should look pretty big, close to the horizon like that. So...a full moon, setting, in the west, will be eclipsed. Funny, the way I remember the full moon is rising in the east shortly after sunset. But now that I think about it, there were a few full moons this past year that were already up in the sky before the sun had set. Funny that too.

top topics

join