It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenagers heartbreaking video on homophobic bullying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
An emotional video showing a teenage student’s distress after years of homophobic bullying has prompted hundreds of messages of concern and support for him. seriously this video really got to me. how can people be so cruel and heartless ?

ETA. This Video was posted 3 months ago but has suddenly gone viral in the last week. His name is jonah mowry.

edit on 4-12-2011 by Thetawave because: .

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Don't like watching that whole vid had to skim threw it to sad. The only thing this kid can do is stand up for him self.

Its hard when its 10 against 1 but some brass knuckles might help.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reposted like 12 times....please delete....

Hell even the response videos have been posted and reposted

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
all suffering is self created

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

A search on his name on here didn't bring one thread up.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
How do you know he is gay?

He said he was bullied from the first grade.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There is a thread with follow up video from the young man in question here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
all suffering is self created

Is this a hitler quote?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
There is a thread with follow up video from the young man in question here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So can this thread be closed yet....Where are the mods on Sunday???

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Church maybe?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

lol....i hope not

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I dont care how many times its been posted, it is still damn sad that kids now a days have to go through that hit.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dankety
The only thing this kid can do is stand up for him self.

Agreed. This comes off as attention seeking. 1 minute can't cope, the next all the reasons in the world to trudge on. Granted he's a kid and we, presumably, don't know the entire situation. Hey kid, life sucks and you are the one who can change it. Sounds like you have

brill
edit on 4-12-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Millions of adults are bullied on a day by day basis by managers and must endure this for years.

My job was outsourced to India over a year ago (thank god) and I still nightmare about the 16 years I worked under various bullies.

Now, in addition to bullying is mobbing............you see when you are picked as "the target" everyone else goes along in order not to get picked on them self.

Excellent book, highly recommend. "Mobbing: Emotional Abuse in the American Workplace" by Noa Davenport, Ruth D. Schwartz and Gail Pursell Elliott

Humans absolutely baffle me, when any two humans encounter each other they always have to decide who will be the dominant one...............why can't everyone just play nice?

The concept of enjoying power over another or causing someone or some other entity pain is totally foreign to me.

And little bullies end up growing up to be big bullies and produce more bullies.

I've seen kid bullies and than seen their parents.............the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
How do you know your gay since grade 1... Seriously.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I once tried to kiss my best friend in kindergarten. Didn't know that was gay back then, and when I found that out that memory worked its way into my "repressed" folder.

So...yeah. That's how.

[edit] by the way I'm not that kid, but I've been in his position.
edit on 4/12/2011 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

My understanding is that a large number of gay people know from a very early age. I was getting crushes on girls in first grade, probably the same thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a search of Jonah Mowry's name doesn't lead to any threads so I'll post here AND the other thread!

The internet and sharing of ourselves is an amazing opportunity that I didn't have as a kid. I'm happy this boy knows the deal and is able to share. I hope millions of kids see his presentation and hang in there for another day...

top topics

join