It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suppose a one world language was made, would it be best to use Latin or German for such a language?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashertron

Hey Ash,

I was making a JOKE.

That was the reason I did all those languages and stupid scenarios.

Jeez! Lighten up!

Maybe we should have German - such a non-joking and achtung language.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There used to be one. It was called Indoeuropean. All Latin, Germanic and Slavic languages come from it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think it should be Russian. although it's one of the most difficult languages, it's one of the most rich languages in terms on expression. english can't compare to it (or German). (i speak these languages, so I know what I'm talking about).
better yet would be to use telepathic language as it was once used and what is used in the spirit realm.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Let's have Dutch because it is such a funny language.

OK, now I have offended Dutch people, Germans, and everyone else.

GO ME!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
We'll probably develop telepathic abilities long before a consensus is reached on which language is the best.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by betweentheworlds
I think it should be Russian. although it's one of the most difficult languages, it's one of the most rich languages in terms on expression. english can't compare to it (or German). (i speak these languages, so I know what I'm talking about).
better yet would be to use telepathic language as it was once used and what is used in the spirit realm.

Russian? I don't know if I'd like everyone I know sounding like they're talking in reverse.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It would be best not to use a one world language. Latin is only good for chanting music. German is too harsh to hear. I find Japanese rather easy to learn/understand. Ingrish is no gut. But if I had to choose one for the NWO, that would obviously be German.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I just hope its going to be in English for the rest of the thread

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
It's a shame that no one at all answered my question...

Let me ask again:

SUPPOSE a one world language was made, would it be best to use Latin or German to create it?

Latin makes more sense to me as opposed to German
I think it would be easier to learn
Sounds nicer too

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I am teaching Languages and by my Experience basic English is easy to learn,
Japanese is easy to speak because of the pronunciation and very difficult to write,
Portuguese because it is smooth but all of this Languages are not well spoken,
Latin because it is needed for a higher Education!

After doing my Job for 20 years i am pro Babelfish!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I understand that English is a mash of Latin/French and German, but, considering the fact that Romance Languages (Spanish, French, Italian) are most popular, excluding English and Mandarin Chinese, should German languages be used for the root words of this language or Latin/French?

I would a language that causes all other languages to be derived, it would be the 'purest form.' Yet I think one must think about...what about the Eastern countries, Africa? Latin isn't the conventional 'pure language there'...for example, in the Eastern it's a traditional form of Chinese and Sanskrit in other parts.

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by CaDreamer

If you speak to intellectual Chinese people, they will tell you that English is by far the best language. Mandarin simply cannot even translate a lot of English word for word.

Urm...but we don't need to translate English...it's like you're saying that 'English' is the best form therefore everyone has to understand it. All forms of Chinese languages are rather grand I must say, each character has a meaning...therefore I find that very special.

Just because a language doesn't translate English word to word doesn't mean it's bad. English isn't the best language out there, though it is used by most only because 1) The British Empire was very large 2) In today's society, knowing English makes you look better in developing countries and provides good job opportunities.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I reckon Aussie English would be the best candidate for a global language. It's got everything the standard English language is compiled of but a unique twist of rapid tongue dialogue both stylish
and
hilarious

Especially teamed with the typical Aussie Ocker accent.
Here's an example...

Howyagoinmate!

That's an entire sentence rolled into one word used multiple times daily by a lot of Aussies!
So versatile

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
i guess that the more freedom is objective out of conscious beings the more language quality is to nothing since only free means matter objectively then

there cant b everyone if anyone do not exist individually

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TOMFROMOZ
I reckon Aussie English would be the best candidate for a global language. It's got everything the standard English language is compiled of but a unique twist of rapid tongue dialogue both stylish
and
hilarious

Especially teamed with the typical Aussie Ocker accent.
Here's an example...

Howyagoinmate!

That's an entire sentence rolled into one word used multiple times daily by a lot of Aussies!
So versatile

Aussie English is R less. The rest of the world would sound like those sad attemps at and Aussie accent you get in American and Brit movies.

Whatdoyareckon?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
English is the language spoken by air traffic controllers, business, (due to China selling so much to English speaking nations,) and it is the most precise language there is, with, sometimes, more than one word for the same thing! (opening, hole, orifice,) and its so easy to join two words to make a completely new one. The old German word for telephone is 'far speaker' that could mean anything, like 'he can be heard far away'.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I read your question. Emotion is a sublime language. It is the reason why we are what we are.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would say English because English is now spoken in many places as well as English has many different languages comprised / mixed into it.

Now German............ewwwwwwwwwww sounds so harsh, even harsher than English.

My very favorite languages are French and Italian, beautiful, beautiful sounding.

Ohhhhhhhhhh and just hearing anyone speak French makes me frisky!!!!!!

You could look like Woody Allen and speak French or Italian and I would find you sexy.

Also love French wine and cheese and nothing but nothing beats Mexican food.

But, mathematics is the universal language. 01011000111001100100100011110101

My youngest son taught himself Mexican and when we were at the local Mexican Deli, they were impressed and so friendly with him asking for what we wanted in their language.............Mexican also is a beautiful language.

Again, English is harsh sounding like German, but it's the only language I know.

Maybe a new language, a combo of all languages?

The French have something like 78 words for love.

I also like Japanese. That is a really beautiful language as well.

In keeping with the season, one of my most favorite videos and songs for the holiday season.

Enjoy and may this make your day a little happier.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
La seule langue qui devrait être parlée partout sur la planète est la langue française.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Latin is not an official language of any country and is mostly studied and used by educators and scientists. Based on your question, the answer would be German.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Latin is not an official language of any country and is mostly studied and used by educators and scientists. Based on your question, the answer would be German.

Its the official language of Vatican City, which is technically a sovereign state.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join