It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if the founding fathers were alive today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
yes, an unlikely scenario, but in truth the main question is,
what would the f.f. think if they could see the country that america has turned into?
we all know of jeffersons warning about a central bank.
many questions come to mind, here are a few.

how do you think the founding fathers would feel about the fed just printing money backed by nothing?
how do you think they'd feel about 8 trillion given away to the bankers?
most of which was shipped out of the country and put in banks offshore so it can basically be hidden?
do you think our debt to china would have bothered them?
do you think bailing out europe would bother them?
do you think people besides rich, white landowners being able to vote would bother them?
how about the basic ownership of the govn't. by corporations, i don't think they could even comprehend the control lobbyist money has.
what would they think of americans who bury themselves in debt?

well, that's enough to start, i bet washintons jaw would drop so fast his wood teeth would fall out.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I agree,they would be rolling in their graves.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Text When the Founding Fathers freed themselves from the British government,they were freeing themselves from the banks and corporations just as much.They knew corporations had to be kept in check.Incorperation is a privilege. Initially all corporations were selected to enable activities that benifited the public.Shareholders were only enabled to profit as a means to an end.Corporations were forbidden from attempting to influence elections, public policy and other realms of society.They had alot of other conditions imposed on them as well,like they were not allowed to make any political or charitable donations.

edit on 4-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Alexander Hamilton would be loving life in this day and age!

Jefferson, Adams, Washington, Franklin would be in Guantanamo Bay or in an Eastern European torture camp. That is the fate of terrorists, of which they clearly fit the definition.

FYI, Washington's dentures were not made of wood.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

i think if the founding fathers where alive today, they would be organizing the 2nd American revolution.

Except maybe Franklin he was a huge man whore i think he would be very distracted by this era of sexuality...i am a distant relative

edit on 4-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

FYI, Washington's dentures were not made of wood.

really, than what, ivory?
man, i was duped this whole time!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

commies? i'll try and read some of the thread you linked, thanx.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They would be just as brought and paid for as any other politician.

You must realise by now everyone has a price and those that hold the purse strings know just how to tell what it is even if those being brought do not realise it. They have had centries of experience.

The trick is to know what you price is. So what is it?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The founding fathers would be appalled that black people actually got educated. Thomas Jefferson would be jealous that William Jefferson Clinton got some action in the oval orifice.

James Madison would be thrown in prison for dispensing guns to minors.

George Washington would become the spokesperson for medical marijuana and industrial hemp.

Ben Franklin would put Microsoft out of business.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Our society is all about fame and celebrity man, the founding fathers would have to get with the programme. Some of the beards and hairstyles would give them an edge I guess... The Amish style tuft with no mustache would be great on a few politicians now, as long as they did some celebrity gigs they'd be fine.

Poltiics doesn't exist any more, not in the sense of 'doing things for society'... it is all about money so they're probably lucked out as big business would no longer pay for their campaigns because they would have too many principles.

You'd need some politicians that are easily bought out, just like the crew we have at the moment, no matter what country you are in.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I firmly believe that if the Founding Fathers would alive today they would be armed and storming the White House. They would invade Capitol Hill and hang many of our Congressman and Senators for treason.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They would be revolutionaries, fighting for a better world. They'd be intellectuals who would fight for what they believe is right.

"A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities." - Thomas Jefferson. He would be a man who would be fighting against the nature of the federal government at this time.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington. He would be leading the fight against the new bills that have been implemented on the detainment of the citizens of the US and he would be protesting the very implications of free speech zones.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Well lets hope your not the one filling them in because China doesn't own all our debt.

You can't put the founding fathers in today's world, it is just too different. They wouldn't know what to do. The country is getting to big for any one POTUS. The office needs to be res-structured.

There werent large mulinatural corporations, or the internet, or planes to get you to three countries in one day.It Took six months just to get to France.

There was no medical care to speak of, no high tech weapons.

Things were slow, so they had time to think and ponder, as oppossed to needing three blackberries just to keep up with a day's schedule.

Even the White House is getting too outdated. Life was completely different back then. There is no way to compare.

Personal staff wasn't even introduced till Franlkin Roosevelt, President Obama now has six staffers that just handle incoming mail.

Most likely the founding Fathers wouldn't even be elected into today's world. Most owned slaves, they didn't want to give women and education, and developed the electoral college because the only people allowed to vote, white guys, were not trustworthy enough to vote. That and there weren't that many of them.

Their first question would be? Where in the hell is this state called Alaska?

As far as Europe goes, I don't recall bailing them out.
Either way, they took full advantage of the fight between France and the British. Their governments were dealt with constantly and I think the FF would also have to take in how much they have changed.

(notice they don't boo hoo that it is for the worse) and that they are now a union with one currency. They might find that fascinating.

edit on 4-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well lets hope your not the one filling them in because China doesn't own all our debt.

where did i say such a thing.
i just mentioned our debt to them, never used the word 'all'.
let's keep things in context. or are you denying a u.s. debt to china?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger

Ben Franklin would put Microsoft out of business.

Haha, don't forget about Apple.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I wonder what they'd think of $8 TRILLION in general - that was unheard of back then!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

We have a debt to China, and Japan, and a few other countries.

They wouldn't say anything as they could only fund the Revolution with a huge loan from France.

The loans were paid off, but the increased cost of the military to the French is estimated to be a whopping 4.5 BILLION.

it is speculated that it is this massive loan and inflation in the US and France that spurred the French Revolution.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Many don't know what the founding fathers were good at. First they were propagandist. There was no media just a paid for guy who could write that would spread his stories across the country usually using freemason and masonic circles. They did do thier own lobbying and lobbist pays offs. They also played world politics such as getting guns from France to fight the British.

How about this story of the Koch brothers grand father. See when the railroad was being put in the railroads were given the property for free. Then the people who owned the railroad and the property given to them then hired propaganda writers like grandpa Koch to write stories about the great town that was coming. Then they made a fortune selling the land to people for top dollar where they got it for free. This guy even lobbied to get the Chinese to do the work building the railroad because the Americans were just to lazy even back then I guess. Then came all your opium dens where the drugs were coming from China which even led to the first drug law. A China man couuld not smoke opium with white women.

www.alternet.org... _kochs%27_assault_on_our_democracy/

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Wihout a doubt, they would immediately grab their guns and start a revolution.

top topics

join