It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.E.A. Launders Mexican Profits of Drug Cartels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This article by the NY Times sounds to me like nothing more than an attempt at damage control for our federal agents. Not surprising with all the revelations about Fast and Furious. It would only have been a matter of time in the wake of that scandal before our government's true drug dealing activities would have come to the forefront. Now they try to make it appear as though money laundering for Mexican drug cartels was part of some bigger operation designed to nab the ring leaders. What a farce. New York Times......take your propaganda and shove it. This is corrupt money laundering....period.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The criminal organizations across the world must really laugh h7ysterically at the United States. We patronize them and do business as a population for whatever criminal goods they are peddling..and drugs really is only one part of that equation anyway. On the other hand, the very law enforcement our nation empowers to stop them is turning out to have been helping them at multiple levels for God only knows how long.

I'm honestly not sure myself anymore about where pure incompetence and inability to handle their jobs ends and corruption begins. I think I'd feel BETTER about corruption. That is something that can be stopped, in theory and suggests they still know what they're doing even if they choose not to. The alternative of this level of incompetence should shake every last one of us to our toes when combined with F&F and a myriad other such things going back decades.

Things have to stop. They really do. Our survival as a nation and a culture can't take much more of this.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Undercover American narcotics agents have laundered or smuggled millions of dollars in drug proceeds as part of Washington’s expanding role in Mexico’s fight against drug cartels, according to current and former federal law enforcement officials. As it launders drug money, the agency often allows cartels to continue their operations over months or even years before making seizures or arrests.

The DEA has been in the business of assisting the largest drug smugglers since the advent of wide spread drug use in the US - ever since they were established by Nixon to "fight the War On Drugs" -, that is what they do. They walk hand-in-hand with the major producers, the transportation and distribution and bust the hell out of everyone else.

How else could the Elitist and the international intelligence agencies fund their black budgets?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/4/11 by LiveToSpendIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
war on drugs..when the dea takes out the competetion for the cia

another favorite quote im stealing.....

if we dont than the russians will,and we cant have all that money going to the russians now can we?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It makes me wonder how long they have been up to this and how much manipulation and force has been used to keep this up.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
It makes me wonder how long they have been up to this and how much manipulation and force has been used to keep this up.

Maybe this link will help.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Afghanistan has been the greatest illicit opium producer in the entire world, ahead of Burma (Myanmar) and the "Golden Triangle" since 1992, excluding the year 2001.[1] Afghanistan is the main producer of opium in the "Golden Crescent". Opium production in Afghanistan has been on the rise since U.S. occupation started in 2001.

And there's another reason right there for the invasion of Afghanistan, the very lucrative (for some) trade in opium.
Those nasty 'ol Taliban all but eradicated the trade, cutting off a huge revenue source for the big players and the banks - that could not be tolerated!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

What’s mind boggling about all this is not the collusion between so many rotten and respected institutions, but that the façade, the myth building of the phony drug war and its evil twin, the “War on Drugs” is believed by so many.

That the Obama administration or any US administration operates with this awareness with blinders on this failure is not of course because it lacks authoritative actionable intelligence and the will to do something, but sadly, because it is subservient to the economic forces driving the whole operation. This economic “reality” has already taken the lives of nearly 40,000 Mexican citizens, many of whom are innocents caught up in the twisted lunacy of the criminal state of Mexico.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't think it's right considering they are probably using tax-payer money to launder with. I strongly believe instead of wasting all this money to see where it goes, we should just bring back the bounty system.

Have $500,000 out on commanders of the cartel army.
Have 750,000 for the second in command
have a $1,000,000 bounty on cartel leaders.

After announcing that I would sit back and watch the war escalate from killing innocent civilians to cartel members killing each other to claim the bounty.

You would most likely get a lot of vets and ex-military guys going into Mexico to claim their prize.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Yeah, good luck on having the government put up a bounty on the cartels. They'd cut off a good revenue stream for election campaigns and stuff, as well as biting the hand of the bankers who launder it all. I thin any Prez signing off on such a scheme wouldn't live very long!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

I don't think it's right considering they are probably using tax-payer money to launder with. I strongly believe instead of wasting all this money to see where it goes, we should just bring back the bounty system.

Have $500,000 out on commanders of the cartel army.
Have 750,000 for the second in command
have a $1,000,000 bounty on cartel leaders.

After announcing that I would sit back and watch the war escalate from killing innocent civilians to cartel members killing each other to claim the bounty.

You would most likely get a lot of vets and ex-military guys going into Mexico to claim their prize.

I might suggest you try doing the same in the US then. The Drug War is being fought with different priorities in Mexico than in the US where the end-user and guy on the street is targeted. In Mexico they already go after the kingpins so that the underlings struggle to take control of operations after a top leader is taken out, that way new multiple heads emerge and the violence increases in hopes the people will ask for more of the same kind of police-agency "protection," thereby bolstering the entire industry complex and its reach into and against personal liberties.

If that policy were pursued in the US you would have a huge increase in street violence, chaos, and corruption (visible corruption) and it may be a shock and awe surprise where that money trail leads up to. The largest players in the drug trade are those shakers and agents in very high positions. Much for this reason that policy is not pursued in the US. Think back and ask yourself when the last time a top-level drug dealer was arrested n the US (?). There were no arrests, these "busts" led back to banks and law enforcement agencies whose complicity in the drug trade and laundering were exposed and washed-over.

There really is only one solution to put an end to this illicit industry and governmental complicity - end this nonsense of criminalization. There are much better deterrents to drug abuse. But for all the profit, illicit and undocumented profit, in this trade then putting an end to it is obviously not the point of the Drug War - controlling illicit drug trade is the true objective.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent
If the question of this thread is "is it okay for law enforcement to break the law?" then my answer is no. The law applies to everyone, including law enforcement, so it's not okay for them to break the law in order to uphold the law. In fact as law enforcement they should be setting the example of what it means to adhere to the law. This is only difficult to grasp if your motivations as a law enforcement official are other than honorable. This is tantamount to claiming that the only reason you beat your wife is because you love her so much. Ridiculous.

It don't matter.

They will, are, have been always breaking laws.

They don't care.

They call your bluff.

We can't do anything about it.

We are not dealing with rational people.

They are psychopaths and maniacs.

Financial "success" makes believers out of anybody, especially the nuts.
Sometimes the even get "religion" in spite of their unhuman behavior.

Only failures and normal people are the true followers of law.

Just look at all the good citizens paying top bucks for the "illegal" drugs.

"Legal" prescription drugs help pave the way for the "illegal" use.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You see on TV that they smugle drugs in to US using tunnles.
All they found was a room full of bags of Dirt!!!
why did they not try to catch them in the act.
It would be so easy to find the tunnles and wait till they ship out the drugs.
But some one gives a phone call.
And you never see the drugs.
I bet most big drug bust come from the public and normal cops.
And the DEA just take the glory.
Is Ever thing eurupt.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thank you all for the focused posts and not talking about anything against T&Cs
I'll be honest, I had little faith, I thought first few posts would be posts that would close the thread, and rightly so.

But no, you guys kept on topic
Thanks for that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join