It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this be the first time the world sees the Ark of the Covenant?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have always been intrigued by the story of the Ark of the Covenant, probally more due to Indiana Jones that any RE class I sat through. It would seem that one contender due to a building malfunction, may soon be shown to the world after a very long time under wraps.

Will this be the first time the world sees the Ark of Covenant? Leaking roof in Ethiopian chapel 'will lead to relic being revealed'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... A very British problem of a leaky church roof could be about to give the world the chance to glimpse the legendary Ark of the Covenant.
That's because the claimed home of the iconic relic - a small chapel in Ethiopia - has sprung a leak and so the Ark could now be on the move.
The Ark - which The Bible says holds God's Ten Commandments given to Moses on Mount Sinai - is said to have been kept in Aksum, in the Chapel of the Tablet, adjacent to St Mary of Zion Church, since the 1960s.
According to the Old Testament, it was first kept in the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem for centuries until a Babylonian invasion in the 6th century BC.
He believes the moving of the Ark could be one of the best ways to discover if there's any truth in the claims of the East African state.
Tim said: 'During my most recent visit to the church, I was surprised to see some ground adjacent to the ''Chapel of the Tablet'' being cleared and levelled by workmen, and some quantities of building stone being assembled nearby.
'Asking around, I managed to discover that a new temporary chapel is due to be built, and the Ark is to be moved into it while the original chapel is repaired.
'It seems that the builders of the 1960s were not as careful as the builders of centuries past, and the roof of the chapel has developed some serious leaks that now need comprehensive repair work.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 4-12-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Interesting post mate,cheers.One thing that hits me straight away was if this were true then the Uk or USA would have just taken it by now,it's possibly more symbolic[of a struggle against reality to quote the life of brian] lol nah just joking,sometimes belief creates enough causation to lead to effect] Placebo's are one example,postive thinking too,the science is only now starting to trickle through on the more obscure subjects and most often gets labeled "puesdo-science",just like Tesla was!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The Ark is not there.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP

This is interesting news.

Has anyone heard any news about the group from Greece that claims to have found the Ark?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The Ark is not there.

Where is it then

You're always holding out on us Blue

edit on 4-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have to agree with the notion that if the "Ark" was really there, the US would have taken over Ethiopia long ago in the name of spreading democracy, or stopping terrorism and torture and/or whatever else Ethiopia could have been accused of to justify an attack and take over. Or maybe the CIA went in, stole it, and are now giving Ethiopia large amounts of "Foreign Aid" each year to keep them quiet about the theft? Hehehe... fun to speculate the "could-be's" like that...

I have to suspect that the US has already found the "Ark" at some point, and we are already fully utilizing it's power in some way, if it actually has a power to utilize that is...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well, it appears Dontreally does'nt hold out on you!

I'm always having a good laugh when I see you people think you know where the Ark of the Convenant is - and just when you all think you're going to see it......pifffffff hahahahahaha

edit on 4-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I don't claim to know where it is, which is why I asked for you to share your infinite wisdom

Come on Bluey, share please.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'd put money on nobody seeing whatever it is that they have behind the curtain.
It's better for them that way, whether they have the arc or not.

As long as no-one knows for sure, the possibility exists.
That's religion's ace in the hole, as it were.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
the world is seven billion.
you have seen me destroy ELENIN.
i am echatological judge.
the world has not seen what is in my palms.
my seed is the gate.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The Ark of the Covenant has been found but not by any other than Ron Wyatt an American man who has devoted his life to our Lord Jesus. The Ark was found directly under the place where Jesus died on the cross. It was put there through God our Father around 600 years prior to the death of Jesus. Ron also was resopsible for the find of Noah's Ark and sodom and gommorah plus many other finds.
More info is available here, www.wyattarchaeology.com...
edit on 4-12-2011 by killemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i can believe its in Ethiopia ONLY because wherever it is if its been found, its being hidden and lied about by the worlds current antiquities establishment, i wonder whats so crazy about our past that the average person has to be lied to about it in order to create confusions and mysteries such as this one?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by killemall

But what if he was putting it there to "test your fate" like he did with dinosaur bones?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I hear the Ark is buried underneath the Temple Mount. Rabbi Yehuda Gettes came forward and said that they already know where it is and when the time is right it will come out. I personally believe it's there under the temple mount. It could be in greece and I know chuck missler said he knows for a fact it's not in Ethiopa if i remember correctly because he said he went in there and didn't see it and they said it's invisible.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Still in 2009 the patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia said he will announce to the world the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant.
Now its 2011, i'm curious how this will develop

Here is the 2009 article..

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by killemall
The Ark of the Covenant has been found but not by any other than Ron Wyatt an American man who has devoted his life to our Lord Jesus. The Ark was found directly under the place where Jesus died on the cross. It was put there through God our Father around 600 years prior to the death of Jesus. Ron also was resopsible for the find of Noah's Ark and sodom and gommorah plus many other finds.
More info is available here, www.wyattarchaeology.com...

Agreed.
I will repost my comments from the other thread that just started here

repost:
ok it's been a long time since my last study on this so it's from memory, about 10+ years.
The Kebra Negaste claims that Menelik2 on his return from seeing his father, Solomon (mother is Sheba) was to return to his homeland, Ethiopia. Solomon in his wisdom, who publicaly loved menelik knew that the other leaders of the tribes of Israel, as well as his own many children were jealous and this endangered Menelik so what Solomon did was have the first born heirs from the different tribes be sent with Menelik to ensure Menelik's safety. Solomon had an Ark fashioned, a copy to be sent as a testament for Menelik and the faith Solomon taught Menelik to carry back to his homeland.
It was said that the night before the firstborn heirs snuck into the temple and switched the copy for the original.
After days into the journey back the first born heirs told Menelik what they had done.
Horrified Menelik wanted to turn back and fix the erreor but was convinced that the only way the Ark could be with them was that is was meant to be since the Ark went where it wanted or they would allready be dead.
So they continued on.
They stopped for many years in Yemen.
I believe another copy was made there as well and is there today.
When they got back to Ethipia it is said that a "tent" was erected on an Island in Lake Tanana (from memory) where the ark was kept for centuries. This lake is said to be the source of the Nile.
Now it is my opinion that this is not the original but is the copy. The original was taken by Jeremiah and placed in a cave that was made without human hands and kept to this day.
It is right below where Jesus was crucified and when He died and His blood was spilled the blood of the lamb spilled down through the cracks that were made from the earthquake that had just happened and He, the High Priest sanctified the Ark and all the furniture and the plates from Moses and the Mercy seat and the rest of the furniture and utinsils placed there by Jeremiah that he removed from the Holy of Holies before the temple was sacked and entered by the profane conquerors that had come.

So, what of the ark? The copy? What I believe is significant is the tent.
I believe it most likely is the tabernacle of David.
There were 2 tarbernacles, one from Moses and on from David.
I believe it has to be David's Scripture says in those days when the sacrifices would begin up again that Yah would mend the breaches of the tabernacle (temporary dwelling, a tent).
Imagine that.
Instead of looking for the temple to be built for the sacrifices to begin again all they need really is the tabernacle once everything else is in place such as having the ashes of the Red Heifer.
Any way, I am certain they have the Ark, but they have a copy.
But do they have the tabernacle as well?
Maybe even a jar of ashes from the Red Heifer? Who knows but maybe we are about to see.
btw, scripture talks of the tabernacle being erected, not the temple in the last days. Jesus Himself will rebuild the Temple.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If they've hidden it that long, you can garuntee they have a failsafe way to move it without getting caught.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
A leak in the roof? I didn't think it rained in Ethiopia...that's why there is so much famine.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I have to suspect that the US has already found the "Ark" at some point, and we are already fully utilizing it's power in some way, if it actually has a power to utilize that is...

The Ark has no power. The only thing it would be useful for is to make a pocket full of cash, seeing how it's made out of solid gold and has rare artifacts inside it. But I agree, if the Ark still does exist, either the US has it or someone would have stolen it long ago. A rare and priceless item like the Ark does not sit in some little church for long.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

the ark of the covenant lies within the human skull (holiest of holies)... upper part of the temple of solomon (the human body)

not in some building made of wood and brick.

edit on 12/26/2011 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join