It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain says bomb explodes outside British embassy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Bahrain says bomb explodes outside British embassy

ph.news.yahoo.com

A bomb placed in a vehicle exploded outside the British embassy in Bahrain's capital early on Sunday, the Gulf Arab state's interior ministry said.

"Given the strength of the explosion and the debris it scattered, it was a highly-explosive substance that was used," a ministry spokesman said in comments on Twitter posted live from
a news conference.

"The explosion was the result of a package placed under the front tyre."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This just in, I will update as more information comes out.

The main question is who would target the British embassy?

I always figured Bahrain to be pro West compared to the other countries in the region. This will be an interesting story to follow, I hope it's the only bomb and not the first of many attacks.

I believe many Western countries will be withdrawing their diplomats from Arab countries due to all the friction in regional politics.

ph.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well, it turns out no one was hurt.

A bomb placed under a vehicle exploded near the British embassy in Bahrain's capital Manama early on Sunday, but caused no casualties, the Gulf Arab state's Interior Ministry said.

"Given the strength of the explosion and the debris it scattered, it was a highly explosive substance that was used," a ministry spokesman said in comments on Twitter posted live from a news conference.

Source

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yep, looks like the kettle's still boiling.

How many more embassies are going to be attacked before a retaliatory attack is made?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Quote The main question is who would target the British embassy?

Anyone who wants to add fuel to the flames of War, heck it could of been the British Goverment

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I was wondering when the UK would decide to take a more offensive approach in the name of retaliation. First they must come up with convincing evidence justifying whoever they attack for these incidents. Or they could base their retaliation on outright lies just like Iraq.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It would be a good conspiracy to think the government did this themselves, but I think It's more likely that someone saw the Iranian embassy issue and decided to do the same. What for? Probably to cause more tension and add more fuel to the fire.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I didn't want to jump on the false flag wagon in my OP to try and remain neutral since there are no details to go by yet. But, I normally at least consider the possibility due to the people involved.

They tried blaming the Iranian government for the Tehran embassy incident but Iran came out and publicly denounced this and sent police to protect the embassy who eventually got it under control.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

On the contrary though. The Iranian government showed a lack of action in the incident. Most police just stood by and watched it all happen.
edit on 4-12-2011 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Please again ask yourselves a typical question: Which country benefits from these incidents? When you have the answer would it be so difficult to assume that it was another black op conducted by that country special forces? Very Machiavellian, fully deniable and sways public opinion for the upcoming war on Iran. Just my opinion though.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
with how the u.k been helping the u.s the last few years in invading and bombing countries.. along with them beating the wardrums alongside the u.s and israel it comes as no surprise the u.k is being targeted now too.

as always its a different story when westerners are targeted as result of their actions..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Iran has been targetting the Shia majority in Bahrain for years, stirring them up and hoping for an overthrow of the Sunni King. I suspect this would one of their "sympathisers" they have there.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Iran has been targetting the Shia majority in Bahrain for years, stirring them up and hoping for an overthrow of the Sunni King. I suspect this would one of their "sympathisers" they have there.

This is based on the assumption that those sympathizers were stupid. This incident benefits one country only and it was not Iran.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think it would be the work of a supporter of Iran or an Iranian, they do have a motive. With the attack on the UK embassy it would be no mere coincidence for another attack to be made on another embassy surely? It is clear though that militants are in the process of increasing their attacks on the UK. Lets just hope they don't end up at home.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
I think it would be the work of a supporter of Iran or an Iranian, they do have a motive. With the attack on the UK embassy it would be no mere coincidence for another attack to be made on another embassy surely? It is clear though that militants are in the process of increasing their attacks on the UK. Lets just hope they don't end up at home.

And what motive would that be? If to alienate the rest of the world against them, pose themselves as stark raving mad terrorists secretly working on WMD and to have the whole world joining or at least cheering when the war is launched on them then it certainly was Iranian operation. If you find the tiny flow in that logic, think which country would welcome that outcome? Would it be Zimbabwe? Vatican? Or Sweden? Could you think of someone else?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PURIFIER

Their motive would be due to the fact that the people and the elites of Iran seem to hate the UK and its imperialist nature. The motive isn't to win allies, its to cause as much destruction against the UK as possible.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

So you do assume the are stupid as well and unfamiliar with the word "subtlety". BTW, following your logic wasn't it more productive to unleash the destruction when UK Ambassador was still in the Embassy in Iran? Or did they screw up again being stupid?
edit on 4-12-2011 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well it seems that the Brit public would love to wash their hands of the American crusade.
So someone has to drum up more public support.
I think soon we will see 7-7 v2.0.

Keep yer wits Brits.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PURIFIER

Who knows? Perhaps they couldn't get the bomb inside the embassy itself, the reasoning of the car outside. It still draws attention to the fact they mean business.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Either that or somebody wants you think precisely that. Sadly, it is working.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join