It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayans didn't predict 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
According to the BBC (British Broadcasting Company), the Mayans DIDNT predict the end of the world.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So please can you all stop crying about it? Please? You'd expect a 10 year old to believe it but not grown men/women. So please grow up. There's more likely to be a world war which won't destroy the world.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
from your article..

A new reading of a Mayan tablet mentioning the 2012 date suggests that it refers to the end of an era in the calendar, and not an apocalypse.

i thought this was common knowledgde?
it's the end of a baktun for the Maya's, a 3600 year period cycle.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
How about contribute to the countless other threads....for...and against.???

There is plenty of information on here, many very well thought out and presented threads with huge amounts of information within.

No point going over the same old ground eh??

EDIT: And as the other reply states.....this is old news. Its all to do with interpretation....end of days, end of a cycle, end of nothing, end of time blah blah blah.

We will all be here for some time yet, despite what the doom and gloomers may believe.
edit on 4-12-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
My apolagies, haven't been in this section of the board in a long time for obvious reasons. So as I said, I'm sorry.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

No worries, just pointing out there is a lot on this.....we will only be covering old ground

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Krono

No worries, just pointing out there is a lot on this.....we will only be covering old ground

Ah, the last time I was on this section it was full of "Mayans predicted this" "Mayans predicted that".

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Personally I believe nothing will happen.. Having said that noone knows for sure what will happen, you provide one article from the government controlled BBC and tell people to grow up..

edit on 4/12/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Personally I believe nothing will happen.. Having said that noone knows for sure what will happen, you provide an article from the government controlled BBC and tell people to grow up..

Move on sunshine, I already apologised, besides the BBC know more bout Mayan history than people who think 2012 is the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Personally I believe nothing will happen.. Having said that noone knows for sure what will happen, you provide an article from the government controlled BBC and tell people to grow up..

Move on sunshine, I already apologised, besides the BBC know more bout Mayan history than people who think 2012 is the end of the world.

And how do you come to that conclusion?

Some of these people are dedicated and research the subject for many years, they are entitled to their opinions and beliefs..

You believe everything you see or read on the BBC?

I'll say no more, people with your mentality are just a waste of time..

Good luck and goodday to you sir..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

And how do you come to that conclusion?

Some of these people are dedicated and research the subject for many years, they are entitled to their opinions and beliefs..

You believe everything you see or read on the BBC?

Good luck and goodday to you sir..

Right so based on one thing, you assume I believe everything BBC say? And you question my mentality?
Quite frankly I don't really care what people think of me as I'm joined the armed forces so say what you want.

Anyway I'll be the adult and drop it here.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

What has you being a member of the armed forces got to do with anything?

Yeah... There's the mentality thing again..

On topic you said the BBC know more about Mayan history than any 2012 doomer.. How is that so?

As explained these people have dedicated their life to researching the subject... Where exactly do you think the BBC get their information from? They are not some all knowing media outlet that are always correct... They get their information on these subjects from the people who spend years researching the subject..

The information is the same wether you believe in 2012 or not it's just people have different opinions and viewpoints on it..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yeah, well, Terrence McKenna's algorithms suggest a similar date for change. McKenna's Novelty Theory is interesting to say the least. The late Ian Lundgold's work is worth noting as well. So too should be Dr Paul LaViolette. I'm sure my list is too short. I believe that the blatant dismissal of information based on 2012 shows a shallow view. Citing a BBC article as the definitive gospel is pretty limited. The end of an era is not too far off the mark. Is it too far fetched to see a culmination of a Universal event(s) and a break down of economics and world politics bringing in the end of an era? Having a reasonable discussion about matters is the answer. We could all learn something. I wish more people would open up their minds and take time to explore things and information. Many times here on ATS you see articles posted accompanied by replies on postings where the person posting as well as the person replying hasn't read the linked material but is quick with an opinion. It makes for a waste of time and takes away from the purpose of this web site. How is it that the mystery of the Mayan information can be any more unbelievable than the chaos, greed and theft involved in the interaction of humans globally? The end of an era indeed. History is not a myth. History is evolving within the Universe. Thinking that our past is not real is silly. Thinking our near future won't challenge us is just as silly. Believing that people with limited technology achieved nothing but delusion despite everything left behind seems totally dismissive. Or is that correlative? Either way, it all comes down to math. Terrence McKenna knew a little bit about math. So too did the Mayan. Dr LaViolette knows some math. Philosophically the entire mathematic matrix may be coming to another crescendo. The biggest mystery will be the pieces of the puzzle laying the foundation for the future. We'll just have to wait and see what shakes out. That's all we can do.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
mandelbrot / nebulabrot
disclose. tv/kenny
its more about nebulabrot / mandelbrot
i am that which receiveth all cosmic powers.
i teach you directly.
there is none other.
i am a living time gate.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

The waste of time is with those that falsely claim to have done any research. The 2012 believers do NO research. They simply are gullible people that accept anything that is written by people that have nothing better to do than perpetrate hoaxes.

The lesson of 2012 should be that the people pushing the wacko ideas should be treated as wackos. Learning to see how ludicrous the 2012 claims are is a lesson to be learned.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

On topic you said the BBC know more about Mayan history than any 2012 doomer.. How is that so?

Ask a simple question get a simple answer.

The BBC staff can see the difference between wacko lies and the truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 02bmw76

Yeah, well, Terrence McKenna's algorithms suggest a similar date for change.

That's not true. McKenna altered his end date to fit 2012.

The late Ian Lundgold's work is worth noting as well.

Lungold made up stuff that was patently false. He can' even count the number of steps in Mayan pyramids. Why would anyone believe any of this claims.

I believe that the blatant dismissal of information based on 2012 shows a shallow view.

No. It shows an ability to detect the lies that are the essence of the 2012 hoax.

I wish more people would open up their minds and take time to explore things and information.

Were people to open their minds to the evidence then they would see how ridiculous the 2012 claims actually are.

We'll just have to wait and see what shakes out. That's all we can do.

Right before this you mention math. If the math is correct then it is clear that we do not have to wait.

top topics

join