It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Kahn, Michigan, redefining life for adult students .. where adult does not mean adult anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
i did not investigated this into detail, but from what i found it seems that Roger Kahn, senate representative of the state of michigan has plans to bring up a new bill named the 'Hot-for-teacher' law.

it will basically criminalize consensual sexual relations between teachers and students regardless of their age.

You may need to run Google Translator on this one here:
original link (german): www.heise.de...

machine translation:
Republican Roger Kahn represents in the Senate of the U.S. state of Michigan, Saginaw and Gratiot counties. Currently, it is unusual for this mandate, much media attention , because he brought in a bill, which provides, inter alia, to criminalize consensual sexual relations between teachers and students regardless of their age. Thus even those people would have to reckon with up to 15 years in prison, who are over 18 years. The hot-for-Teacher Bill provides for a punishment even before then, if the student or the student is older than her teachers or her teacher.

what makes me a little upset in this is that it might effect adults too, and i'm asking myself why we need such bills ?

its obvious that students under 18 are to be protected from this, but once they reached legal age IMHO they should be free in their decisions in what they do and with whom they spent their time.

so what's up with this here ?
another political madness ?
or is it just a specific form of 'sloppyness' about how to formulate a bill ?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This probably doesn't need a bill. Most universities have something along these lines in their by-laws. Just another piece of paper that doesn't need to be signed into law.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

I'd have to agree. Under 18? It's a criminal act and obscene abuse of authority. Clearly a criminal matter. Over 18 though? I think you're right. It isn't a criminal matter and should not be. We don't need a new law for everything thats messed up ....or isn't..depending on the perspective of consensual adults.

If anything, this is a matter of ethics to handle within the professional structure of whatever organizations issue guidelines and such to the teaching profession. Perhaps it ought to cost them their teaching job on the basic premise of the authority issues involved. Still, it's consensual adults. That is no business of the criminal justice system. Period. IMO.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
When there is a bill drafted and not a rumor, please give me a call.
But as long as the person I am with is at or above the law of consent, and we both consent.
I'll shag anyone I want, whether they work at Burger King or Yale.
Only gossip here, no story.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Don't we have enough Michigan citizens in jails! They talk about frivolous lawsuits taking up court time, Geeze! What a stupid law to propose! Just pandering to the religious right somehow I guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If his goal is to prevent abuse of power and subsequent corruption then shouldn't Roger Kahn be working to outlaw sexual relations between himself and anybody?

All politicians and anybody?

All cops and anybody?

If that's the goal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
If his goal is to prevent abuse of power and subsequent corruption then shouldn't Roger Kahn be working to outlaw sexual relations between himself and anybody?

All politicians and anybody?

All cops and anybody?

If that's the goal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

LOL

sounds like there is some up and coming newbie with wrong headed ideals that needs to be criminalized, so
he/she can't run for office.

"oh wait, there's no law against 2 adults having sex; one being a teacher giving a course that the other is taking.
"well, we can just pull one out of our a$$ and get it voted into existence."

lol maybe its for smearing ron paul or somebody,
or maybe it's just a distraction to misdirect our attention.

new topics

top topics

join