It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruelty on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And i understand what you are all saying about getting the word out, but i dont think ATS is the place for it.

And if it is, it should have its own forum. because i dont even want to read the horable titles.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Ive had the displeasure of seeing all sorts of nastiness posted on here. Skinning animals alive, with a nice graphic video to accompany it.

Such vile images shouldnt be allowed on here. There is no age limit, ive just seen a 15 year old kid introduce himself on here.....dont think he realizes what hes letting himself in for....neither do his parents.

We all know animal cruelty exists, i dont need to see a video of it.
Ive got a pretty strong stomach, but these vids even turn mine!!!

I dont think this is the place for such discussions/videos.

Its like discussing child rape, and sticking a video up with it....its wrong.

I think mods should do a little bit more to edit these threads, ie, add [GRAPHIC SICKENING FILTH] to the title, and putting the videos pictures in a forum where only members who are 18+ can access.
If i had a child that frequented this site and i saw some of the stuff posted (animal abuse/cruelty) id be seriously pissed off.

This isnt ogrish or wtfpeople...this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Its like discussing child rape, and sticking a video up with it....its wrong.

come on, loves a conspiracy the two are nothing alike.. it suprises me you even make a comparison like that..

This isnt ogrish or wtfpeople...this is a conspiracy site.

If ATS banned anything here that is not conspiracy related... This site would have little to no content..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Reality is a nasty thing unfortunately and you can always just turn away or not read the thread.

People could make the same case for 9/11 (may have lost a relative) or any number of medical conspiracies (Cancer cures etc, would be hard if you've lost someone to it) and a million other things.

This site is not an RSPCA website but it is a discussion forum and many, many topics are discussed and have their relevant forums to be discussed in.

If you find it upsetting and/or in bad taste then just don't read it..... or stick to forums that wont contain animal cruelty or torture.

I wonder if people feel this much sadness and distress when reading about torture victims in wars or places like Abu Ghraib and read about those who have died in the latest bombing campaign in some far off land.

edit on 4/12/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I can understand you point, but how many threads are there where there are videos of people being ripped to pieces whilst alive??? We call them snuff movies over here in the uk

If i were to post a video i saw a while back of a russian gangster chopping up a body in the bath id be banned....and rightly so. You cant un-see things lol

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I wonder if people feel this much sadness and distress when reading about torture victims in wars or places like Abu Ghraib and read about those who have died in the latest bombing campaign in some far off land.

Yeah I do feel the same way about all the things you just mentioned. I just wanted to post my thoughts on animal cruelty on ats, I t was my rant, I needed to blow off some steam about the subject and that’s what rant is for, if I expected something to be actually done about it, I would have put it in the board business and questions forum.

Rant is like a form of release for me, I can have a winge about something without ruining someone’s thread, or going off topic.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Actually over my time here there have honesty been a few.

Someone posted the infamous "Russian hammer" video... :shk: and several other shockingly gruesome videos in a "snuff movie" related thread.

We've had war documentaries and footage from Libya and elsewhere than have shown the aftermath of attacks with lots of blood and body parts littering the area.
We've had ATS themselves (SO I think) post the video where the chopper gunner shoots a news reporter and several innocent people to pieces and then when others come in to help, they are also shot and killed and blown up.

In fact... I'm not going to keep listing them because the list is endless.

The point is we seem to be desensitised to seeing other people who have suffered a horrible fate or the injuries and videos of the atrocities of warfare and terrorism and torture...

But post a video of a fluffy kitten being eaten by a snake and people flip out?

I'm really not trying to say that what is in these animal videos is not bad or it is not disgusting and cruel and so on.... but if we're going to start talking about it in terms or removal or warnings or whatever... then let's put it into perspective and be real about this.

That's all I'm saying

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

While the first part of my post was directed at you, the last part was more of a general thing, not aimed at you at all... just going on some of the comments I've seen in some of the animal cruelty threads over the years.
I respect your right to rant and have no real problem with you doing so, but the I hope you also have no issue with me posting my own views and thoughts.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

of course not silly, ive read everyones post here, and if you all know me or get to know me, youll find i love each and everyone of you.

see rant is working, now i can add my love and harmony back in my posts

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Same to you my friend

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I totally agree with the OP here. S&F. I think that these posts should be removed altogether. I also believe that most of these posts are put out here for the same reasons as the cruel idiots that make the videos; for shock value, star, flags and youtube hits. Gratuitous cruelty has no place here on ATS. If the pictures are that graphic, leave them in the original story. Tell me the story and if I wish to click on the link, I will...of my own accord.

There was a post a while back about a baby being repeatedly bitten by a snake.....on purpose!! The video was shot in India somewhere. I almost vomited when I saw it and immediately reported it to the mods. They removed it right away. I think the mods need to step in a little more often in the case of these offensive videos....and YES, I'm am talking about the kitten/snake pictures!!

For Gawd Sakes people.....THIS IS NOT LIVELEAK!!!!!

edit on 4-12-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I agree with the OP too, I don't come to ATS for such things.

But what is ATS ? It's little more than Digg. Just a website with stories from the Daily Mail and Drudge, posted by members who are in it for stars and flags. It's mainly a US website too, dominated by the left/right battle. And everything you say on this site automatically becomes theirs. I'd love to see the company accounts.

I don't know why I bother visiting here tbh.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by SilentE

i dont click the threads, reading the the title is enough to upset me.

I agree, I am the same way. The description in the title is enough to instantly give me a mental image and it takes hours to shake it. I never click. Our local news in Phoenix had a truly horrifying animal cruelty story a few years back, that was reported on the radio on my way to work, no chance to turn it off before they had already thrown it out there. That one still makes me feel sick when I think of it, and whenever I see the animal cruelty titles it usually reminds me and then I have to get rid of that again too.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yet so many of us still eat meat. Brown rice and beans 4 the win. Raw vegan diet for amazing energy and ultimate health

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I totally agree - I love animals and
it makes me sad and upset just
reading the titles. Another thread just
popped up a little while ago. Do we
really did to know how sick and
disturbing some people are to
be so inhumane and cruel. I can't
see how posting these threads
helps anything on ATS. If one
wants to advocate for the humane
treatment of animals there are
organizations in which we can go
to and sign petitions, let the public
know its not right without posting graphic
images. Love to all our animals friends.
BTW I just got a new puppy yesterday -
his name is Jack and I loved him the
minute I saw him. Peace and Love
to all of our animal friends.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Whateva69, I support you 100% on removing pointless threads of cruelty to all creatures from ATS. All these stories do is promote ATS as a site of a bunch of crude teenage boys.

Write the MODS to get this removed.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I feel ya on this and have posted the same expression in the past, and read similar posts as here. I too read the title "feeds kitten to..." and I made my self not look because I had a knee jerk reaction and thought, why the he#* do people post this?! What good does it do? Is the OP just looking to stir things up?
I understand the point of bringing light to dark matters too, and support it for the most part, but yea, personally I could never see another title/vid on these topics and be just fine. Selfish I guess, but how Ii feel none the less.

And for those that say we should be upset for people too, well I have commented on that here in the bear, gall bladder thread from China:

For the folks commenting about how some should not be so upset because these are animals and assume we don't harbor the same compassion for people, well I would like to clarify why I get more upset for animals sometimes. Humans have choices, can defend themselves with guns, can get in a car and leave, can use rational and complex thinking, make choices, or call for help. Whereas, animals cannot do these things, hence the 'defenseless' notion. Not that they are totally defenseless, but by comparison, it seems more cruel to take advantage of sentient animals, because we are capable of totally dominating them. It is comparable to taking advantage of a child or a disabled person, which I bet most here who express concern for animals feel the same about humans, and there are some that may feel more for animals by comparison. Plus, in this instance, it is not just slaying of a living thing, it is torture for profit and some fantasy human benefits.

I don't like seeing harm to anything sentient, but animals draw a more knee jerk emotional response in an environment where they don't have a fighting chance. You know how animal lovers are, big hearts and compassion for the underdog in a sense.

Does the abuse and slaying/torture of humans upset me too? Heck yea, and I respond accordingly. But this thread is about these animals and their situation, so a generalization about our comments seems unfair, imo.
Just felt like saying this because I have seen/heard criticism about people seeming to care more about animals than people, and I think it is not so simple and 'either or'. To each their own, and I understand where some are coming from, I just hope you understand where we come from sometimes.

spec "

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I agree on the fact of threads with shock value, example of one of the cat thrown in the bin earlier in this thread. Threads that promote awareness may sit differently(such as the Moonbears because well, that's not something many people are aware of). During the summer there was a thread, not a video, made me very upset and that thread also attracted a bit of trolling as well. I've helped care for a lot of animals that were abused from working in clinic to an at home rescue. That one story seemed, the most vile.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Tbh I hate the "new topics" function. Ever since I found it I've neglected the rest of the forum. I think it promotes laziness and ignorance.

I used to go through all my favourite forums and find threads that interested me. Now I can only be bothered to check the hot topics list

Or atleast I would like to see 1 thread from each section displayed in the hot topics list, to promote variety. ATS is at its heart a conspiracy forum, but unfortunately most the activity revolves around current events and news it seems. I can't remember seeing a thread about big foot or what not on the hot topics list

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I’m so sick of reading the headlines of cruel sick inhumane threads on ATS,

its sick; this is not the RSPCA’s web site. I seriously wish people would stop posting this cruel stuff, just scanning the headlines makes me cry, I have a hard time loving the world without reading about animal cruelty.

If it must be posted it should be in a forum with a big red warning stamped on it, and the content titles shouldn’t be on any of the recent posts or new topics.

End rant…

I, a relatively new member, decided- after reading the replies in this forum on this topic, that I do not wish to be here at all anymore....
The replies relieved enough to me- that this forum is full of people who are not healthy ( the present ones excluded), and that I do not wish to be here, thank you...What do you say to sickos?

So, useless, and unnecessary cruelty to animals goes hand in hand with cruelty in general, look how the world was unresponsive to the attack on a sovereign country like Libya, and how some diabolical politicians and people have welcomed the terrible murder of Col.Ghadaffy and his son...

I rest my case, as I have expected more from this website, but it is so average and beyond it, it is sooooo disappointing...
Glad I have not wasted too much time on it

Yes, the animal cruelty is on rise, together with general, generic cruelty....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join