It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruelty on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I’m so sick of reading the headlines of cruel sick inhumane threads on ATS,

its sick; this is not the RSPCA’s web site. I seriously wish people would stop posting this cruel stuff, just scanning the headlines makes me cry, I have a hard time loving the world without reading about animal cruelty.

If it must be posted it should be in a forum with a big red warning stamped on it, and the content titles shouldn’t be on any of the recent posts or new topics.

End rant…

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I actually think having a forum where those stories carrying content which might reasonably get a 'Graphic Images - Beware' on them would be a good idea. I imagine it's a very very recent story that got your attention..and it took me a moment to get over the deep feelings of disgust over that one and the images too. I'd just as soon not see any of that either. Particularly not if I'm not choosing to....like looking into a forum where such things would reside.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I avoid them entirely myself.

It gets me upset too, I hate cruelty to animals, gets my blood boiling.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Just to clarify, you guys don't mind seeing the threads about all the cruel things being done to other humans?
There are even more of those.
I guess it is okay for that though; humans aren't as cute and cuddly.

link   

BUT ignoring animal cruelty could be bad, that gives the people that abuse animals less attention and less is being done to stop it.

the more focus we can get on the problem the more help the animals will get. Looking the other way dont help the animals, I know its the most easy thing to do, but we have to small the flowers and do somehing

The hate and sadness boils in my blood when I see videos of animals being abused by humans, but knowledge is power, and with that power we can fight animal cruelty, spreading the word is one way to do it

link   
Yeah it’s just something I can’t cope with. I just can’t shake it off. The memory will just pop up at any moment and then the tears start.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I usually look at ever story but kept skiping this one

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I agree.

I'm sure SO has considered making a rule against folks making useless threads of animal brutality.

Now while I understand the importance of informing members on ATS of violent protests around the world, the realities of war.

But some of the videos I see posted on this site are just flat out uncouth. Shock value nonsense. It is almost like people get paid to do a "human race smear campaign" on ATS.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

It doesn't bother me as viscerally as it seems to bother you, but I do think those threads are usually gratuitous and don't seem to serve much purpose. I mean really, what can you really say about something like that? How can you have a thread that goes beyond "That's really awful, what a shame?" There is an element of the grotesque and voyeristic that comes into play, perhaps. Which is wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yes it is very upsetting but should not be glossed over or ignored, sometimes graphic images and shock factor are the best way to highlight these issues and get people to understand fully.

A picture tells a thousand words..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It upsets me so I avoid the threads.
I dont want to see any graphic images or videos.

I prefer if members could resist the urge to post threads of this nature, they arent newsworthy in my opinion and nothing to be fascinated about.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I abhor any cruelty to animals, children or anyone that is vulnerable in any way.

I too get upset at animal cruelty but I know that it will give someone the impetus to take action. I understand the pain the stories cause and I too have a hard time getting the images out of my head. I also have a hard time getting images of Children with their fingers cut off because they would not mine for diamonds - or Children starving but I know the stories get the message out.

Let's face it - when you are sensitive and have a huge capacity for empathy - it's going to hurt - whatever the story. I just want to get to the part where we can all heal - every living sentient being. Some days I cannot bear to think about all the suffering.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I hate that attitude, if you just ignore it it wont ago away, its people who raise awareness that gets these sicko's caught and fined if you ever come across cruelty you should report it, if you dont want to look at the video's then dont but that doesnt mean you should ignore it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Sad but true, it's pretty obvious around here, that a lot of members hate their own kind, despise them and wish them the worst, while they think Animals are superior, are perfect creatures, cute, important and whatnot.
It always makes me puke to read such things, like a volcanoe breaks out, who cares about the humans, there could be dogs and cats dying (followed by this thing:
)
Animal love has reached new sick hights in the 21st century....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I chose not to click on that particular thread. Some people obviously chose to because it's on the front page.

Point is, we do have a choice whether to click the thread with the 'graphic imagery' warning.

I hate cruelty to animals so I don't look.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I can understand where they are coming from, though. Humans are cruel and evil, while animals are not. Of course, this is just a subjective opinion and the only thing it proves is that humans are pretty much incapable of unconditional love, and I don't mean the humans I am referring to that are judged as cruel, I mean the ones who hate everybody because they did something negative.

Responding to negativity with more negativity. The ultimate hypocrisy of man.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I would guess that people post these shocking threads to get stars and flags. I don't really see how showing everyone on ATS these vids will actually help prevent animal cruelty.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I would guess that people post these shocking threads to get stars and flags. I don't really see how showing everyone on ATS these vids will actually help prevent animal cruelty.

Showing these videos in general prevent animal cruelty.. this is just one example...

it is not graphic so it is safe to watch..

This person got caught because she got exposed on T.V, newspapers etc..

i could show you a hundred examples of people getting caught because of the exposure these things get.. And of course it prevents it, if a parent watches this sort of thing in front of their child and shows disgust at the cruelty. The child will naturally take this on board and may prevent them doing the same thing in the future..
this type of exposure is a form of education..

ignoring these issues as if they are not there, is just ignorance... and we all know the motto of this site..

edit on 4/12/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying but......

Nobody makes you click on the thread.....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

i dont click the threads, reading the the title is enough to upset me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join