It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation between an alien and man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RawkMan

Why would the aliens care? If, as the idiotic hypothetical supposed alien in the original post said, the aliens see us as we would see an ant, then they would not care what the disruption to our society is. They would not care if "the little people" got hurt or if the "money men" did not care for the aliens presence. To them, we are all little people. We do not care about the disruption our presence brings to an ant society, we do not recognize class stratification among their colonies.

The idea that aliens would care or that any human power could stop their presence or interference is nonsensical and buffoonish.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Hey WInged, I think that they would care just like most thoughtful folks close farm gates when they are in the countryside. Yeah, there are plenty of dudes that couldn't give a flying fudge, but a lot of people would not just deliberately go out of their way to kill things through thoughtlessness.

I think that if aliens have travelled all this way, they don't need our resources or crap like that, they would just be a little thoughtful in changing the state of affairs. They don't want to interfere unless they *really* want to interfere, big style, you know?

I mean, are you the type of person that sees a honey bee crawling on the pavement and would just stand on it, crushing it? I don't know, maybe folks do that for fun or because they don't give a tache, but I think that a lot of people would avoid standing on it.

Maybe that is why they don't contact us, because we happily stand on ants without a second thought?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RawkMan
reply to post by TheFlash

Hey Flash, I reckon you have something there but I think that the problem is not with 'coming out' to the population, it is about how the money men and governments would react. Think of how the money men can ruin perfectly good business models just because they want their profit faster, quicker, more more more. One idea may be as good as another, even better, but they'll go with the quick money grab all the time. Some Wall street banker is thinking of his next yacht or third home bnot whether the little people have secure jobs or a sustainable market, they want the now, paid in kind. Same as the politicians and governments, they have no idea about society or sustainability, they're just trying as much damage limitation so they can sell their memoirs without being lynched.

The aliens would upset that. The folks in their homes might look and say, cool, I can get with that, but the folks at the top of the tree wouldn't like it, it would spoil their plans and to correct it they would make it into a war zone. Those star folk are not coming here to invade, if they do we won;t even be around long enough to worry about it so the only real deal is how daily life continues when the governments decide that aliens are the perfect excuse to bring us all under control.

The aliens are protecting the ordinary folks from the abuse of power that exists even when there is no clear and present danger. That is why they don't come down with banners and flags and fireworks.

Well that doesn't explain why the aliens haven't always been open with us. Many people claim that they have been around for thousands of years now, long before modern capitalism and society. Clearly, at some point in time - long ago - the aliens decided to actively hide themslves from us rather than be a part of our lives, like the dogs are in the original analogy. Still doesn't add up.

<< 1   >>

join