It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic hand signs / handshakes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by KSigMason

Also what happens if you break the oath?

Outwardly? Nothing much. Inwardly? A recognition that my word isn't worth anything. That though I promise something, I hold that promise in low regard. That's what happens were I to break the oath.

The obligation in the first degree speaks of ugly physical punishments but is followed by "or the more effective punishment" of being recognised as an individual whose word is worthless. That speaks volumes and tells you that a Mason would find the devaluation of his reputation a far more hideous torture than myriad physical tortures

Fitz

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

We all hear stories of corrupt judges and such,

Operative word? Stories.

but we then get told masons have nothing to hide.

Yet we point out that the 'secrets' can be found online with ease (though out of fidelity we will not personally confirm the particulars). Hardly a secret that has been in the open for a quarter-millennia

So when non-masons ask questions we get told these things are secret.

Private is a more accurate word in this circumstance and easily accessible

By no means am I assuming all masons are corrupt, but from my limited experience they tend to favour material wealth (despite claiming otherwise and claiming spiritual growth) and very often 'look out for their own'

You know this how exactly? From Internet storytelling? Just because someone posts it does not make it true. As for the latter part of your assertion, Masons from initiation are told to be exemplary citizens, holding themselves to a higher standard of conduct than a non-Mason. In fact, were I to be hauled in front of a judge who was a Mason and knew me to be likewise, I would expect a harsher judgement than if I were a non-Mason.

I'm not saying masons are bad or have anything to hide - but you can at least see it from my point of view?

I could see it if you had done no research beyond the Internet. However, when you weigh the antagonistically anti-Masonic sites and posts against common sense, I think on the main you will see that those with an axe to grind about Masonry are the ones that put forward an unsupportable assertion

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

But I don't have an axe to grind, nor am I anti-mason, I came here for answers - and if your answers are to find out information from the internet, then I could have saved a lot of trouble and just used google. But that was not what I was intending.

But it seems from the replies that I won't be getting any answers regarding the codes and handshakes and I respect that.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'll talk to you about several things about Freemasonry. I've posted several exerpts from the Idaho Ritual Monitor.

I have a public blog where I talk about many aspects, mostly on the York Rite, Knights Templar, side of things.

I wish I had some insider information, I'm out of a job right now, but I am going back to school this next semester. I used to have a number that I could call home from Iraq for free, but that was before I joined the Masons. I know a friend who is a tech wiz who can root his phone and then program it so he can call a number where it calls him back but is actually calling your desired number so you in effect are tricking the system to call you and connect you to your party for free.

I mean if we really pulled strings all the time to get ahead in anything I'm getting f***ed as my State's Governor is a member of my Lodge, his current father-in-law is a Mason, and I'm not getting any further ahead. This is bull crap.

Nepotism was never exclusive to Freemasonry or more rampant. We're just an easier target to accuse this of as we are a private organization.

I'll admit, I've got out of a few speeding tickets, but it wasn't that the officer was a Mason. It was that he knew my dad and grandfather (most of the family is employed as LEOs).

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Fitzgibbon

But it seems from the replies that I won't be getting any answers regarding the codes and handshakes and I respect that.

Old school as it seems, keeping one's word is important to Masons. As has been said, the information is freely available from those who don't value their word. And knowing the grips and tokens while they may get you admission to a Lodge, there is much more involved and being unfamiliar with what's expected will likely get you expelled PDQ.

Fitz

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well I appreciate your replies and I certainly hope I didn't come to this thread with any ill-intent.

Just questions

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Since (as a lot of masons on here like to admit - they have nothing to hide) - then i'm willing to entertain that notion.

I am very curious if any enlightened members can give me information regarding the handshakes they use, or indeed some of the silent symbols used with hand gestures? I understand that certain handshakes can show masonic belonging, but I've heard it goes deeper than that.

I thank you in advance. I'm always curious to learn, but without actually joining the masons, i'd be interested on what you members can tell me.

Cheers

I am not a materialistic person, or a man of worldly wealth for that matter. I have two things that are truly my own in this life; those are my word and my balls, I don't break those for anybody...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's something like this, only different...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You see, this is what makes non-masons very suspicious. We all hear stories of corrupt judges and such, but we then get told masons have nothing to hide. So when non-masons ask questions we get told these things are secret.

How does a secret handshake turn into a corrupt judge? That's the dumbest rationale I have ever heard.

Our hand shake is "secret". So are the words to our ritual. Sure you can find them elsewhere and I'm sure some Masons would gladly tell you, but for most, myself included it's simply a Taboo. We don't discuss it, because you are not a member of the lodge and therefore have no rights to that information.

don't like it?

Tough #. Get over it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

[
You see, this is what makes non-masons very suspicious. We all hear stories of corrupt judges and such, but we then get told masons have nothing to hide.

Exactly, I noticed some strange hand signs by IMF Director Strauss Kahn's bearded lawyer, when entering his plea to the judge, who then seemed to acquiesce. Getting back to his very worried client the lawyer motioned that all would go well and was way too reassuring given the vacuity of his plea. I suspect that there were Masonic hand signs used to CORRUPT justice.

GS

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

daaamn dood , if i ever saw people shaking hands like this :

www.youtube.com...

i'd be hiding behind a bush in no time !

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

Sounds like uncorroborated fearmongering to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Hi Fitzgibbon,

It's actually quite easy to "decode" certain Masonic symbolism such as hand signs and handshakes, and most all of their "evil" symbols when you realize the biggest "secret" has been in plain view for 5,000 years: they worship a feminine deity, or Goddess, and they also demonize that positive, life affirming energy out of utter contempt and envy of it. We normal folks can't comprehend this insanity but that is all it is. They've "stolen" all the positive ancient feminine symbolism, and demonized it to the masses while they covet it, and also made up some of their own symbols such as the stupid handshakes and signs. Big secret LOL. They have world class Mommy God fixations.

About the handsign with the pinky and index fingers pointing up: that is the Eyptian symbol of Hathor, Isis, and the many many other names by which the ancient, in fact prehistoric, Goddess, is known.

The particular handshake where the four fingers are divided into a "V" as was depicted in a photo posted here by Suncloud, I believe, the "V" represents the female, notably symbolic of the genitalia. Whereas the Chevron which points downward is a symbol for the male.

No big secret. Everything the "Illuminati" psychopaths do is driven by this possession and fixation to control, dominate and destroy feminine aspects of life/energy and all that it represents.

Reversing symbols is just an "Illuminati" mind game is all. Using duality to trick the monkey into taking the plastic banana. Whether you choose a masculine or feminine deity, or a tree or a pocket watch to consider your higher power, I figure is an individual choice and none of their business. You can be told any symbol or object is evil, but only you are in charge of your beliefs.

Take the "Protocols of the elders of Zion," as another example of an ancient feminine symbol which is marketed as "demonic:" the word "Zion" is actually derived from the star Alcyone, which I believe in ancient times known by many feminine names, such as the "Seven Sisters."

Hope this was helpful.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by windhorse

while that is an amazing bit of fantasy, I am afraid it's a bit skewed as to the truth.
I would hate to try to change such a sharp mind, so no worries.

We (mostly) like females, but worship them........meh, not exactly.
I think they are fine as long as they are barefoot and in the kitchen fixing me a beer.
(kidding ladies)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
One of these is a Freemason.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LjGdAoUtEq

They didn't really shake hands, plus from what I saw, they weren't Masons...just a white guy with sweat in his eyes trying to "slap hands" with one of his black teammates.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Concerning the "secrets" of the fraternity, you can go into pretty much any bookstore or library, or you can search the Internet, and you can find most of the "secrets" of Freemasonry. But as a Freemason, I made a promise to not reveal those secrets, so I will not break that promise. It's all really about just striving to be and remain a man of integrity.

As far as as a Freemason breaking the obligation he took, as stated above, he could be expelled--that's about the extent of it. Having been involved with a Masonic trial that resulted in a Masonic brother being expelled, I can say first-hand that I was very saddened by it. Not for so much as what he had done (after all, we all do make mistakes) but that he admitted to what he had done, showed no remorse, and was willing to throw away the many friendships he had made over the years.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbarr
Concerning the "secrets" of the fraternity... Not for so much as what he had done (after all, we all do make mistakes) but that he admitted to what he had done, showed no remorse, and was willing to throw away the many friendships he had made over the years.

Chances are... That the very conviction (irony?) you seek and beseech within men/man was displayed.
Hence... how could he?
Remorse often enough instills in others that smpathetic realization they may lack. But to stand your ground (13th Degree) means to lose/loose the ties that bind and carry on waward. So... good for him if not needing Freemason for anything is his agenda.

Also... I'd like to state that we may make mistakes... but it is not to be considered as a mistake when Freemason is applied therein. It is the "Traveler's signature!"
edit on 6-5-2012 by Pinocchio because: YAY!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join