It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, I need your help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Regarding my post in the paranormal section, I'd like to speak to a christian who knows his stuff about the bible, god and so on...to help me with err certain encounters.

My post can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm just asking for a little support. If nobody can help, can you please link me to a website that can, thanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm assuming you mean the post quoted below? Is there something specific you are looking for Christians to address here?

Originally posted by Thao
Erm, I don't mean to sound weird when I ask this, but this is something I experience alot. Do any of you whilst laying in bed see white lights passing you at the side of your eyes, that when you look at directly appear as nothing?

There is quite possibly a medical explanation for the flashes you see. Flashes also get more common as we age, and floaters tend to appear in early adulthood. The flashes can also be a sign of retinal problems - you might want to see an eye doctor just as a precaution wether the flashes are deemed paranormal or religious experiences.

Light Flashes may be seen in conjunction with floaters, or may occur separately. Unlike floaters, light flashes (photopsias) are typically perceived in subdued lighting or even total darkness. Photopsias range from minimal light twinkles to flashes that are bright enough to suggest a neon sign or camera flash.

Above from:
www.texasretina.com...

Also see:
www.allaboutvision.com...
www.charles-retina.com...

They could even be cosmic rays
:
physicsweb.org...

[edit on 6-9-2004 by RedBalloon]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The flashes can also be a sign of retinal problems - you might want to see an eye doctor just as a precaution wether the flashes are deemed paranormal or religious experiences.

Yep your right, thats exactly what happened to my mother a few years
ago, it was retinal problems, caused by aging as far as I can remember.
Not saying your old or anything.
Do what RedBallon says and see an eye doctor.

Urn

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
my grandmother saw flashes every now and again, but thought nothing of them.....eventually she started to lose her vision...

turns out she had macular degeneration....if she would have went to the docter when she first started experiencing these flashes, they could have saved her vision...

my advice to you would be to find out if there is a history of macular degeneration in your familly (it is hereditary), then see a docter, even if there is no history of it in your familly just in case...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I experience both floaters and flashers... have been experiencing them since I was 8 actually. I'm 17 now and I'm really used to it as it's not such a problem. When I see floaters I see what look like millions of small "3D sheet-like squares" that are silver colored and float around and turn over themselves. It's actually nice to see LOL
Anyhow, I'm very used to it and it's never been a big problem for me. Not even a small one actually.

Oh and I seriously doubt it can have anything at all to do with religion... duh!

[edit on 7/9/2004 by k33l]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Have you ever done acid? Sieriously though...

top topics

join