It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Christmas humbug on a bizarre experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
In my town, there is this historical victorian mansion. It gives tours, it's like a museum. The patriarch was a steel baron. He would sit in his dining room at the long table, over breakfast and watch the train (traintracks -right- by the house) go by with his steel onboard.
So in recent days, there's been advertisements in local publications, to come and have a Christmas tour of the home. And there would be carolers. Today Saturday evening beginning at exactly 7pm. We could see how the previous century's occupants decorated for this time of year.
Me and parent and sibling, and a few other people our age range (over mid 50s) were all waiting on the mansion's inside porch, having shown up a little bit early. A young woman about 19 came in and was waved on through. Then another then another then another...........we figured it was singers. (And would put robes or period dress on, over some of that scantily skanky looking wear.)
So once we were all being led underway, we noticed that at the entrance of each room, nook, cranny, of the house, was anywhere from one to three women all appearing under the age of 20, dressed like cheap street prostitutes. Extremely short dressess or skirts, literally up to the front and back cracks, skin tight painted on, and platform stiletto stripper shoes. some had skin tight low cut tops on. Some black nylons. It looked like a whorehouse. Total red light. I'm serious. They were (making attempts at) being tour guidey, but when asked questions, new nothing. The small crowd of visitors wandered off in unsupervised directions, from the plastic floor coverings path, because there were valuable ancient antiques and other valuable stuff in there, which is why the (one) old lady who lectured us when we first came in, said to please maintain an orderly serpentine and stay on the designated path.
I saw some a young man show up as one of the carolers, and by him, was what I thought was another young man. Very slender and short hair in a fitted black suit, but someone spoke to (?) and responded with a very female voice. Re. 'Seinfeld' "Not that there's anything wrong with that" (But to each his own) I was watching one young couple with a baby (tourist visitors) and I watched the husband keep checking out booty. Poor wife. His wife was young and good looking like the 'tour guides', but she was fully appropriately dressed for December, and a stateley property tour.

Me and family decided to leave. A very young gal in a black skin tight short t shirt 'dress', black goth platforms, and nothing else, opened the door for us.

When I got home, I called the houses' answering machine (they are in the whitepages) and explained our observations and how we felt.

Can any of you make sense of this? *what*~~*was*~~*that*~~??? I hope to never befall such again.

My male sibling said, "I am a normal man (ie appreciates the female form) but they disrespected that home".

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That is tacky and very distasteful!

I would have said something right then and there.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Victorian homes and if I went on a tour of one like that with history and antiques I sure as heck wouldn't want to see some young girls half dressed. Whoever was in charge of that wanted "eye candy" for people it seems or for themselves. If they wanted fresh young faces they should have stated that everyone wear black on black, pants and top. That would keep it simple and uniform so you know who is who.

On another note I have noticed that young women esp in their late teens early twenties dress like street walkers. I was in the mall today and my friend and I both couldnt believe what some of these young girls were wearing, even ones who were in HS. I knew they were in HS cause the HS cheer squad and others were there for holiday festivities. I would never have been able to leave the house in the amount of make up, short skirts/dresses and tops with everything hanging out that these girls were wearing. My friend and I both noticed it and couldnt believe it.

With what is on tv for girls this age to watch and or look up to, no wonder they dress and act the way they do.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It is interesting, you would have said something right then and there. It makes me ask myself why I did not. everyone was being a good little SHEEPLE and doing what they think they are supposed to there. I wonder if basically good average people are raised and told, be honest and obey authorities, and have manners, and be descrete and cordial and or polite. And so that we who were so conditioned and inculcated have this delayed reaction hindsight thing going on? I mean IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME to say something right then and there, until you said you would in your post.

Hm.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Given the description of the event, that was extremely inappropriate. I am a guy, and very much appreciate the female form, but you know, time and place for everything. Since it stated that bit about seeing how they used to decorate for xmas, they should have dressed appropriately. I could very easily see myself taking the family saying, "let's do something different this year kids" and have my wife smack me upside the head when we got there.

Unfortunately, slutty is in and I think it's here to stay. I heard a young girl fighting with her mother about how she was wearing he shorts. She told the mom that all the girls leave them unbuttoned and not zipped up all the way. Have any of you heard of this? Crazy.

I think I grew up watching too many" old" movies when I was a kid. When I hit the dating scene, the girls were a little different than I expected.
edit on 4-12-2011 by notquiteright because: phone auto-mistake

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
When I was much younger, there were times i thought that, if I dressed and acted slutty, than the male(s) of my interest, would be very interested in me. But they treated me like they were predators and I was the prey. I was treated and spoken to, disrespectfully. All these young women are going to experience that same thing, I just know it. A harsh and embittering lesson learned, the beginning of their baggage accumulation.

Since ATS is a conspiracy site, I personaly believe that there is a deliberate agenda to degrade and demoralize everyone, just like how they have adulterated all the 'food'. There is something truly spiritually dark about this. I'm not a church goer who believes in lake of fire hell and speaking in tongues, but there is the darkest most spiritually diabolical cloud pressing down everywhere and way.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
When I was much younger, there were times i thought that, if I dressed and acted slutty, than the male(s) of my interest, would be very interested in me. But they treated me like they were predators and I was the prey. I was treated and spoken to, disrespectfully. All these young women are going to experience that same thing, I just know it. A harsh and embittering lesson learned, the beginning of their baggage accumulation.

Since ATS is a conspiracy site, I personaly believe that there is a deliberate agenda to degrade and demoralize everyone, just like how they have adulterated all the 'food'. There is something truly spiritually dark about this. I'm not a church goer who believes in lake of fire hell and speaking in tongues, but there is the darkest most spiritually diabolical cloud pressing down everywhere and way.

I agree that it is deliberate, just like the weakened education, the simplified language, etc... some critics might begin here stating that ALL of these people cannot be part of a conspiracy, but they don't have to be. As much. As they would like to believe it, kids don't make their own fashion, trends, or music choices. The designers decide what is going to be" in" . It doesn't just happen. Same with music and everything else. Not every musician is a conspirator, but the execs can choose the ones that further an agenda. Maybe I'm just paranoid...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
scantily clad women. what's the problem. maybe it's historically accurate. i would imagine a steel baron would have an harem of women in victoria era lingerie.

top topics

join