It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to think of a musician's name.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm trying to remember the name of a musician who was active in the 1970's, was brought to wider attention by Bob Dylan and who sang in a retro style reminiscent of the 1920s, right down to creating the ambience of the less than perfect recording conditions of the time. He had a very low key, verging on mumbly, style of singing. This guy never became really big.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Leon Redbone

Second Line here.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitBucket03
Leon Redbone

Second Line here.

And a big stuffed panda to BitBucket!!!! Thank you so much, or as Elvis would put it, "Theng ya, theng ya, verra mush."

I've been googling for a while and couldn't get it. "mumbly, 20's retro" doesn't cut it as a search term I guess. Thanks.
edit on 3-12-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I wasn't that familiar with Redbone's performances, and didn't know if he played slide, but there was something of the style of this person's performance and his droll replys to comments below the video, that made me wonder if he might actually be Redbone, whose name I couldn't think of.

Note the rows of vinyl in the bookcase behind him.

edit on 4-12-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There are many websites dedicated to lyrics and most of them have the obscure people there too. I use www.letssingit.com to identify songs and artists before I had Shazam. The more you can remember from a song the narrower the search results....and of course, our old friend google just remember to quote the lyrics you're searching

new topics

top topics

join