It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vs Machines. Some Of Us Are The Machines.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Of course I decided to put this in skunk works, as I know that this is a bit much for some.

We have been bombarded with images and scenes of possible robot overlords taking over humanity. From such classic films as the terminator, and even batteries included. Even though we know that these are movies, we are filled with dread that eventually our toasters, and microwaves, will take over our lives and make us slaves.

There is no real separation between us and computers, and maybe even us turning into the half human, half robots that we see on the big screen. We are depended on machines for everything. We are less frightened by an image of Arnold Schwarzenegger then to think that we will no longer need or have microwave ovens, which frankly I'm more scared of the rays off of a microwave then the terminator "coming back".

If for some reason we think that "they" are coming to take over our lives, then some of us in fact are already robots, and with ignorance and lack of knowledge have in fact infiltrated the human species, and are reeking havoc as we speak.

We are overloading our brains with nonsensical information, and taking seemingly easy, attainable information and preventing ourselves from forging ahead into an easier and safer world.

Making sense of the brain's mind-boggling complexity isn't easy. What we do know is that it's the organ that makes us human, giving people the capacity for art, language, moral judgments, and rational thought. It's also responsible for each individual's personality, memories, movements, and how we sense the world.

All this comes from a jellylike mass of fat and protein weighing about 3 pounds (1.4 kilograms). It is, nevertheless, one of the body's biggest organs, consisting of some 100 billion nerve cells that not only put together thoughts and highly coordinated physical actions but regulate our unconscious body processes, such as digestion and breathing.

The brain's nerve cells are known as neurons, which make up the organ's so-called "gray matter." The neurons transmit and gather electrochemical signals that are communicated via a network of millions of nerve fibers called dendrites and axons. These are the brain's "white matter."

science.nationalgeographic.com...

If at some point we choose to ignore what our bodies and minds are capable of then you may in fact be with eating, sleeping, working, and raising the future robotic overlords that so easily scare, and entertain us all the time.

Our minds just as the machines that we love so dearly can be altered, changed, and manipulated. It is really quite simple as long as you understand how the brain works, and whether or not you choose to be a robot... or not.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time trying to decipher what you're trying to say. Maybe you need to look over what you put down.

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

There is no real separation between us and computers, and maybe even us turning into the half human, half robots that we see on the big screen.

As far is I know, none of us are machines, we are all sentient biological beings.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
When we create the Artilects we will be obselete.

Which can only be a good thing.

It is inevitable that we will build them due to 'Moores Law'.

They will be 'god-like' computers.The new creators.

We will go the way of the Clydesdale

edit on 3-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

join