It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can Newt Gingrich be at the top of the polls.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
i]reply to post by Annee

Im not bitchy . I do think a candidate ( even one you don't like ) should know the Constitution. Or you can re elect good ole' Barack. Do you want me to start a thread ? I will . Bring a lunch. You have your work cut out for you if we are talking American History and foundations

I would dare say Barack "knows" the constitution just as well as Newt. Tax cheats usually know tax law.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

You are right. The real question is willl he respect The Constitution? I don't know. I am wondering when was the last time the executive branch did respect it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Because Polls are always fake or biased.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

i]reply to post by Annee

Im not bitchy . I do think a candidate ( even one you don't like ) should know the Constitution. Or you can re elect good ole' Barack. Do you want me to start a thread ? I will . Bring a lunch. You have your work cut out for you if we are talking American History and foundations

I would dare say Barack "knows" the constitution just as well as Newt. Tax cheats usually know tax law.

Hey - I've got an idea.

Let's turn the Newt thread into an Obama bashing thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Hey - I've got an idea.

Let's turn the Newt thread into an Obama bashing thread.

Hey, I've got a better idea. Direct that comment to the person that brought up Obama just to bash him. Considering I stuck up for him against that lame comparison and never bashed him, I am unsure why you are writign this to me but at least my post was on topic. It was about Newt knowing more or less of the constitution than Obama based on that posters perception of how Obama treats it.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Algernonsmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I have an idea. Let's start a thread as a tribute, A Shrine if you will for Obama and all the lies he has told since his campaign originally started . "Worship Him" >>>> Bows out ........

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

The republicans are desporate and if you notice are going through this circus of a panel trying feverishly to get a good candidate. They have nothing better then what the current administration has. I (lol) predict Ron Paul to be the next possible front runner headlines flavor of the week, and then maybe huntsmen, but we wont know who gets the nomination until novemeber and I believe the counts will be very low per each candidate making a hand count have to happen. peace
edit on 4-12-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I have an idea. Let's start a thread as a tribute, A Shrine if you will for Obama and all the lies he has told since his campaign originally started . "Worship Him" >>>> Bows out ........

it isnt about Obama right know, its about who will go up against the tyranous leader. ANd this far the opposition has failed ot emerge with a hero sos to speak

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Come on folks, let's stick to the topic at hand and refrain from derailing this thread.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Because polls are flawed. Who sits around near a land line at home during the week waiting to be polled? Yeah. G'ma, and G'pa do, while they sit at home with their TV trays watching Bill O'reilly tell them the way things are. Well, in my imagination anyway!

Besides, if you are a company, like CNN news network, and order a poll to be taken, you expect the product to arrive a certain way. There are many subtle ways to sway the results of a scientific poll - especially ones taken over the telephone, and as others have said a 1000 people over the phone is not necessarily a well informed sample of individuals who are motivated enough to go out and vote the next election.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No snark from Annee on this? I voted for Obama and I got the snark.
I was just trying to figure out why anyone would say that Newt knows the constitution better than Obama and that matters. That argument made no sense to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well it seems that like many countries the majority of people in America will only vote for one of the two major parties, even if both candidates are awful. I don't understand why people do this. Just having two main candidates to choose from is so insane. How can the choice between two parties be considered democracy. Now I know there are many others, but the sad truth is that everyone feels like it is a waste as the main two are so big and so don't want to 'waste' their vote.

Also I don't understand how in a democracy some candidates are given more slots on debates etc. Surely everyone should get equal time. Having two or three main candidates to choose from is a total farce.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

How can this guy be at the top of the polls? With all his baggage why do people support him?

-He served his first wife with divorce papers while she recovered from cancer treatment.
-He left his second wife for his mistress.
-Paid 300,000 fine for misusing a charity for political gains.
-He made tons of money giving "advice" to freddie mac
-He is everything washington that people are upset about. No one is more washington type than him.
-He take whatever side of the story that benefits him. Look at the ad for global warming that he did with hillary Clinton

Without getting into a pi$$ing contest over whether he has any merits for the job, let's look at your 'facts', since this is obviously nothing more than a hit piece.

-He served his first wife with divorce papers while she recovered from cancer treatment.

Libs love to spin this as if she were on her death bed and he took the morbid opportunity to serve her with the fact that he wanted a divorce. The truth is far more mundane than that. Look it up.

-He left his second wife for his mistress.

Someone cares about morality in DC? Since when?

-He made tons of money giving "advice" to freddie mac

Perfectly legal. So what?

Those weren't even facts that you tossed out there.

Newt can debate a topic without need for a teleprompter or Cliff's notes. That's impressive, and people like to see it.

Is it just because Ron Paul lost a poll or two?

These are the items I know of off hand. You can research them they are all over the internet. I really have not made up my mind about which republican to vote for(yes I am a republican). I would hate to have to vote for this guy. Didn't mean it to be a hit piece but it bugs me to think there are that many people out there who would vote for him. As far "as if someone cares about morality in DC" I don't believe they do but as far as me I do. Very much. It is one of the most important thing for me when voting for the POTUS. He's supposed to be the best of the USA not the worst. That is one of the main reasons I do lean toward Doctor Ron Paul. If we do go down in flames at least I know I voted for an honest and principaled man. If I ever met Newt, I would wish him luck and good health but I wouldn't vote for him.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
12/4: NBC News/Marist Poll: Gingrich Races to the Head of the Pack in Iowa

maristpoll.marist.edu...

Hmmm is this the candidate which Elite slowely promoting after Cain and Romney debacle

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Hey, I've got a better idea. Direct that comment to the person that brought up Obama just to bash him. Considering I stuck up for him against that lame comparison and never bashed him, . .

The tax cheat comment. Was it a misread?

Anyway - - just meant as a general comment. Some posters never miss their chance.

Apologies

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Hey, I've got a better idea. Direct that comment to the person that brought up Obama just to bash him. Considering I stuck up for him against that lame comparison and never bashed him, . .

Anyway - - just meant as a general comment. Some posters never miss their chance.

Apologies

Yes it was. Apparently you read that I called Obama a tax cheat?
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to treat me like a child and scold me for something you thought I did. That added that much more to the thread topic.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Algernonsmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Apologies

Yes it was. Apparently you read that I called Obama a tax cheat?
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to treat me like a child and scold me for something you thought I did. That added that much more to the thread topic.

As you are now?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I think the polls are rigged like that too - and THIS year it's like 'anyone but RRaul - please, anyone but RP"

They know that a large majority of humans will always go with who they think is the winner, so just like continually calling someone names, or not letting people speak and have time - they position their preferred candidates to get the most exposure.

They are all failing. Rick Perry fell on his face. Ronmey just can't get the steam up. Cain got done in by zipper issues.

No one is really discussing Newt's awful, awful track record. His manner of answering questions is to attack whoever's asking them - and no, no one is that happy with the press but it's awfully transparent, isn't it?

ANYONE but Ron Paul - including Obama. I think that's what the Republican leaders have in mind.
So....Newt it is!

But...will they continue to buy it?
Maybe...maybe...if the hush money and SUPPLIED pundits can buy some time, reporters and news stations.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Gingrich seems to be leading because a) he is not Mitt Romney and b) because every other front runner has demonstrated they are inane under the spot light. We can hope the same happens with Newt, leaving Paul to his steady increase, and Romney remains Romney.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Newt's highest office will always be speaker of the house, anyone remember when Newt's cel-phone was magically un-encrypted? As much of an insider as he is, he's also an inside joke. The in will never let him be president. He's a good choice though, if you want Obama to win.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join