It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Our Shadows Become Shadow People When We Die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Earlier this evening while i was at work,i had to walk outside into the parking lot to get something out of my car and as i did,i was walking alongside one of the walls of the building and as i turned to look in that direction i saw my shadow reflected by the parking lot lights cast clear and bold against the wall.There were actually two distinct shadows of myself that were being cast,one darker than the other,i suppose because there were multiple lights shining at me from different directions and as i continued looking at my shadows i suddenly thought...

What if i died right now? Would that shadow of myself that i was looking at live on with another life of its own as a shadow person? Is that what shadow people actually are? It certainly is possible and perhaps this doesnt happen to everyone,but to only certain people.Maybe it only happens to people who die and then refuse to enter and follow the light,their shadows linger on and remain visible,as if trapped between two realities,until they accept the light and are no longer afraid of it...

Would beings who live in the 4th dimension,cast shadows into our 3 dimensional reality and we see them and call them shadow people?
edit on 3-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Probably not...

Skeletons in caskets don't give off shadows and neither to ashes in urns

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Even if i am standing in a dark room with no lights on,i am still casting a shadow,but its so dim that i am not able to see it,because there is still a very small amount of light thats being emitted,even in a darkened room.

People have to die somewhere,obviously,so right at their moment of death,they are casting a shadow..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thank you.. This post made me smile. Been a long hard day.

Heres another. Is that reflection, a reflection or .... insert idea.

Not dismissing your idea, it is one way of thinking.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LDS911

I just suddenly realized that perhaps this is what shadow people actually are...our shadows live on after our bodies die...

Next time you are standing in the right place at night with light shining upon you at the correct angle,really take a good look at your shadow...what is it really?

edit on 3-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As it's believed the "shadow people" were never people of our world, not to mention never our shadows. Some say inter dimensional beings, others use "shadow person" as another word for ghost or spirit. Good question though, since, well, no one really knows....just one of those mysteries of a said mystery.
edit on 4-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The shadow people that people have seen don't usually look like a shadow on a wall, they actually appear to stand in the middle of the room for example, in 3D form. So in my opinion your theory is not true, our shadows are simply light being blocked by our bodies. But the shadow people are something else, which really intrigues me.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Just thinking out loud...if i was to get hanged on a light pole in the streets...i will be dead right, but my shadow will still be there reflecting on the paving?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As stated before. Shadow people have 3d forms.
I used to see them when I was younger, so I speak from my own experience.
As for them being shadows from 4th dimensional beings, maybe... if their "shadows" were a conscious extension from themselves, ´cause the ones I saw always seemed to fit in the place where they were, as if they were aware of this plane.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AEthereal

Maybe our shadows,or the shadows of people who died and refused to enter the light,become three dimensional after we die...?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The idea of actual "Shadow People" is completely different from what you are contemplating here. "Shadow People" are generally considered beings who never inhabited a body in the first place. They are often thought to be malevolent, although few actually end up so.

Unfortunately for our boring world, shadows are simply the effect our opaque bodies have on light has it attempts to pass through. Our bodies don't allow much visible light to pass through, although some does enter. If you've ever shown a light onto your finger and observed the red glow, you've experienced what is known as Subsurface Scattering. It is the scattering of light as it enters a solid object made of materiel that is not completely opaque.

However, your idea does bring up questions regarding the quantum idea of particles existing on oposite ends of the universe that are somehow linked to each other. What if those particles existed in your body, and the body of your "twin" on another universal plane? If you die, will your "twin" die also? If you prick your finger, will your twin develop a strange injury on his/her finger?

Ponder that for a while...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by detroitaprs

i will ponder that for a while and even longer...

And think about this...Would beings who live in the 4th dimension,sometimes,under certain conditions,or intentionally,cast shadows into our 3 dimensional reality and we see them and call them shadow people?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by detroitaprs

i will ponder that for a while and even longer...

And think about this...Would beings who live in the 4th dimension,sometimes,under certain conditions,or intentionally,cast shadows into our 3 dimensional reality and we see them and call them shadow people?

I don't know if that's what shadow people are, but for all practical purposes, if there was a 4th dimension of some kind, 4th dimensional beings, mathematically, should be able to cast some kind of 3D shadow into our plane. What that would look like I don't know.

It doesn't seem logical you could just extend a 3D person into a 4D environment and they would survive without changing anything else about them other than converting them to 4D.

You'd think you'd have to move stuff around and alter how we work to make the conversion work. So, our 3D shadow on this plane would probably not still be shaped like a human. So, working backwards, their shadows probably wouldn't either so we have to ask, even if a shadow being is a 4th dimensional being, why are their shadows still shaped like humans? How would the 4th dimension work assuming that?

But, if there was a 4th dimension we don't know anything about it or how it works. Perhaps it's simpler than all that. So it's totally possible, just nobody can know.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Lets hold out a cube in front of 1,2,3 and 4 dimensional beings...

A being in the 1st dimension,a 1 dimensional being,would only be able to see 1 side of the cube,no matter how,no matter what angle they were looking at it from,thats all they would be able to see,1 side and they would only be able to move backwards and forwards...Or...Only left and right,they would not be able to move both ways...

A being in the 2nd dimension,a 2 dimensional being,would only be able to see 2 sides of the cube and they would only be able to move forwards and backwards... and... left and right,they would not be able to move up or down,they would be like a person drawn on a piece of paper...

A being in the 3rd dimension,a 3 dimensional being,you and i,can see 3 sides of the cube,length,width and height.We cannot see a fourth side of the cube unless we change our position,but even then,we are only able to see 3 sides at any one time.Looking at the cube from any angle and from any perspective,we cannot see more than 3 sides at a time...

A being in the 4th dimension,a 4 dimensional being,would be able to see 4 sides of the cube at the same time.if a 4th dimensional being were within our 3 dimensional world,they would be able to see through and around the cube and they would be able to walk through solid objects...

edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. I think those youtube videos that try to explain dimensions to people are causing a lot of problems.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by aromabarr

if all you can say about all i wrote in my previous post,is that i have no idea,then,you have no idea...explain how i'm wrong?...i'm not...thats how different dimensional beings would be...

edit on 12-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
the shadow is merely a lack of light, whats personifying it is your desire to see yourself in the world around you. it's human nature, the power of suggestion. speaking from experience in brief death, you become a translucent ghost, that i'm not sure exists in this time or in between times. and it's very cold. in a way you are a shadow. of yourself.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Sorry, blocula, but I was somewhat dumbfounded and didn't know where to start. Perhaps you are right and I am the one who has no idea. I am completely lost on how a 'being in the 1st dimension' can even exist, let alone have eyes with which to observe the cube that we are using.

These beings do not exist. Even a person drawn on paper is 3 dimensional. All it takes is a single atom to give 3 dimensions to an object. I would go so far as to say that even a particle might well be 3 dimensional.

People are confusing dimensions of different types, taking things that they hear from documentaries and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and mixing them to create fantastical ideas that make no sense.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes, that's true. I think it's possible, I just think it would be odd that their shadow would still be human shaped is all. It's possible though.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Nothing ia visible without a light source. There literally is no such thing as a shadow, its just a side effect of light. Its not a "thing" as in part of you or the environment. Its existence starts and ends with light, or lack there of.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join