It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bullying

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I loved my peers from school. If someone was being bullied the whole class would team up on the bullier. We had a strong sense of connectedness in my highschool. We were all friends. And still are, just very much separated by space and the few years that have gone by since

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It does seem to be a woven part of our nature, both physically and mentally, and imo the only thing that will change it is when enough members of society recognize it and say/do something, as opposed to just letting it happen. Don't wait on an authority figure to step in, teach kids to recognize it and step in when they see the injustice. Perhaps that is unrealistic, but it is what I would teach my kids if I had any.
If that doesn't work, I'm with Jude, kick em in the nads and run!

spec

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you so much for saying so. You are absolutly 100% right!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I fully understand the severity of the issue and yet these poor kids will see a lot more of it when they start out in the working world . Other students doing it now to your bosses later on . The freaking governments and Human Resources staff will turn a blind eye to it as do the unions .

The weak kneed , slack jawed authorities won't fix it , because I personally have seen them only go after the end result persons and not where it started in the first place . From so called anger management professionals in their attempt to stop the people from standing up for them selves .

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

edit on 4-12-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have not looked at the whole thread yet BUT first thing to do is stop calling it "bullying" and call it what it is and that is HARASSMENT.

Why up until a certain age is it bullying? Drop that word and call it what it is.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

YEP!!! You're right...it is harassment!!! Bullying would be welcomed by some of these kids...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
I loved my peers from school. If someone was being bullied the whole class would team up on the bullier. We had a strong sense of connectedness in my highschool. We were all friends. And still are, just very much separated by space and the few years that have gone by since

That is so awesome!! I just had a long talk with my 11 year old about his school. They have an "anti-bullying" program at their school. I asked him if he thought it was working, and he said yes. I asked him what he would do if he saw a kid getting harrased at school..He said I'd immediatly tell a teacher. He said but I never see anyone bulling...The kids at my school are pretty nice...And my son is completly nosey, and doesn't miss anything.

So there is hope...It can be done, It just takes the effort to teach kids from Kindergarden and on.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
All this talk about Bullying just proves that humanity becomes more and more pussy.
You get bullyied? Fight back. Someone attacks you? Fight back. That's the way it was and should be. But no, today it's all about crying, wussing out, running to teachers or other people and complain on the internet about that big bad bully instead of doing something against it.

The younger generation really is just a bunch of crybabies, no wonder half of them are so called emo's

Stop Bullying? Yes. Stop it by fighting back, not by crying about it on the internet

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Guess you're not big on reading?? HMMM.. You should try it sometime, might help while you put your foot in your mouth. OK here I'll be nice and quote myself and lay it out right infront of you. I know it's a little wordy, but give it a try and let me know how you feel afterwards...

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
What is wrong with people? Ya know all I asked is for people to teach their kids compassion and a sense of obligation to attempt to stop cruelty. I had hoped more people would say “Yeah, ya know, you’re right, we do need to teach kids that!” But instead I get a lot of “WAA WAA poor baby can’t stick up for himself”’s????

We’re not talking about “natural bulling”. This isn’t about the kids that have a chair pulled out from under them, or their books slapped out of their hands, a few times a year. It’s really not even about the kids that regularly go through any physical abuse.

ARE YOU people really misunderstanding this, or are you just trying to look tough and thick skinned? Do you really think that a kid in second grade, A 7 YEAR OLD…(One who is unfortunate and didn’t have a strong, smart, person LIKE YOU to teach him things? Maybe these kids are being raised by some old ash grandparents, a busy single mother, or just a couple of self-absorbed idiots.)…Maybe they aren’t told to stand up straight, speak loud and clearly, if someone hits you hit’em back harder. THEY, unknowingly let’s a few things go over the years…which snowballs into 10 long years of DAILY…I repeat DAILY…abuse. You honestly think they will be stronger, and better off?? By the 8th grade it’s basically who they are. They are the kid that everyone of you know, the few that we’re TAKING IT everyday.

So now they go to 8TH GRADE. At that point it’s been 7 freaken years of being belittled, embarrassed, shamed, poked, punched DAILY!… Haven’t any of you read any thing about long term situations like this, and how hopeless and weak these people become? Do you really expect them to “fight” their way out of it now? Don’t you think if SOMEHOW they found the courage to do that, that they would probably snap, and make a whole new problem for themselves?

Oh and not to mention, NOW, these few kids today are so lucky to have all of our technologicl advances!! The torture can now follow them into there “big box”…

I don’t understand how ANYONE would think this is ok, or how anyone that watched that video couldn’t replace that kids face, and his 1400 days of abuse, with the face of a 7 year old they know, and feel compassion, and say… “YEP, your right, it ain;t right”

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The labels whether it is Bullying , Harassment or even Conduct Unbecoming doesn't put a stop to it . Each country , state , province , city and company / corporation fall flat on their faces when dealing with it . They would not appreciate it happening to them but they revolve in the group thug mentality to rid those who bring it to their attention using their own standards that they use on you to excuse them for some retarded reasoning on their part .

When authorities should be audited on their lack of enforcing the rules as set out , they DO NOT want any AUDIT of their faults occuring . They would get fired and that is where the fix needs to start for one . Boo stinking hoo that they got fired and cannot afford the music lessons for their little princess / prince .

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

That is so awesome!! I just had a long talk with my 11 year old about his school. They have an "anti-bullying" program at their school. I asked him if he thought it was working, and he said yes. I asked him what he would do if he saw a kid getting harrased at school..He said I'd immediatly tell a teacher. He said but I never see anyone bulling...The kids at my school are pretty nice...And my son is completly nosey, and doesn't miss anything.

So there is hope...It can be done, It just takes the effort to teach kids from Kindergarden and on.

Lol, yes, there is hope, don't solve the problem by yourself, go to other and tell him to solve the problem, that's the answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join