It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Paul supporters do if he doesn't win the nomination?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

You honestly think the Republican contenders are evil?

Of course, they all support endless war, torture and the evil corporate/banker/wall street/military/surveillance society that want to take away all our rights, all our freedoms, all our money, and destroy the entire planet for power and money. What the hell can you call that if not evil?

Obama supports endless war, torture and the evil corporate/banker/wall street/military/surveillance society that want to take away all our rights, all our freedoms, all our money and destroy the entire planet for power and money.

Are you trolling with this thread or just thick?

Everything that you claim to be evil, in most respects, Obama supports far more than Ron Paul does. I'm telling you that as somebody who doesn't particularly like Ron Paul(I don't like Capitalists)

I just want to cry at how brainwashed people can be. How ignorant to reality do you have to be to not realise that Obama supports all the things you claim to oppose. The rhetoric has faded, the world despises the man. He is everything you argue you loathe.

Surely you aren't so stubborn that you still, given everything Obama has done, cannot accept you were duped?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

don't be lumping all Republicans in one group, because they are not all in agreement

Most republicans agree with what I posted, namely letting business destroy every plant and animal on this planet under the guise of "growth" and letting the military bomb all the other people on the planet.

Then Obama has more in common with "Most republicans" than you're willing to acknowledge

Have you been living in a cave since 2008? The world realised years ago that Obama is a war monger who serves big business and banks.

The only people who seem to support Obama in 2011 are white middle class Americans. The man attempted a coup in Ecuador and has drones flying all over the Middle East and North Africa.

Obama the Bomber is worse than Bush. George wouldn't have gotten away with dropping bombs on African nations

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Shake our heads and accept the tyranny that's to come.

Or vote for Jesse Ventura if he decides to run.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

For the record, I am an Obama supporter,

Soooo....It doesn't bother you in the slightest that Obama disregards congress? That he DIDN'T do anything that he promised when he came into office? Or the fact he was 'helped' by globalist Henry.A.Kissenger?

Look if Paul doesn't get into office then your country is f**ked!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Of course, they all support endless war, torture and the evil corporate/banker/wall street/military/surveillance society that want to take away all our rights, all our freedoms, all our money, and destroy the entire planet for power and money. What the hell can you call that if not evil?

Ok, as a registered Republican I agree with you. Please explain to me how Obama is not doing all the things you list above as well. His actions are no different, despite his campaign promises. How do you support someone who does everything you are against and clearly blatantly lied about it.

In your earlier post you were against budget cuts. Let me explain something to you, they are 100 percent unavoidable. We can either let the economy collapse uncontrollably, and be able to run zero deficit, or we can cut in an orderly manner and perhaps avoid a mad max like scenario. The status quo is IMPOSIBLE to maintain five years from now, and likely not even possible to maintain NEXT year.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by AwakeinNM

LOL

im shocked....you guys actually think your votes matter?

am i still on ATS?

LOL... Some of us don't care if our Vote matters. We just like to be right.

End of game will play itself out without our vote. Got it. Being on the winning side is still a loser. Understood.

At least we can pick the right loser. That's a win right? Just kidding.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by CB328

Ron Paul doesn't want to dismantle the country, he wants to restore it to the once great nation it used to be.

When was that? I am really curious because of the things I have seen him and his son say about segragation and such. I am curious which period in time that our country was so great that he plans to return us to. The time of slavery? Child labor? Segregation? Exactly when was our country so awesome so I know what Paul plans to return us to?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

if you mean, he will destroy this country, I'm going to ask you how?

Paul wants to get rid of most of the government. The government is one of the biggest employers in the country, so cutting all those gov't jobs will destroy the economy. The government props up entire industries with gov't contracts, so when you gut government you kill businesses. The government keeps old and poor people from starving/rioting/being out on the street, so when you cut government spending you mess up society.
The government does countless things that support stability of business and society, like maintaining roads and managing trade with other countries. Things that are necessary for our society to function and business can't or won't take over and pick up the slack.

Everything a state can do by themselves without the Gov

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Whether Dr. Paul wins the Republican nomination and Presidential Race or not, I will continue to advocate for less foreign interventionism, smaller government, and at the very least a full-scale audit of the Fed. Per chance that he becomes POTUS Ron Paul supporters will still need to advocate for such changes.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Vote independant.

sorry short.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Vote Libertarian or Constitution party candidate. Or Ron Paul if he runs as an independent.
edit on 12/4/2011 by Blueracer because: spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

if you mean, he will destroy this country, I'm going to ask you how?

Paul wants to get rid of most of the government. The government is one of the biggest employers in the country, so cutting all those gov't jobs will destroy the economy. The government props up entire industries with gov't contracts, so when you gut government you kill businesses. The government keeps old and poor people from starving/rioting/being out on the street, so when you cut government spending you mess up society.
The government does countless things that support stability of business and society, like maintaining roads and managing trade with other countries. Things that are necessary for our society to function and business can't or won't take over and pick up the slack.

Really now? since the government is supposed to do all of these things that the 'economy is destroyed', 'businesses have been killed', 'jobs have been lost', old and poor people are starving and out on the streets', 'society is messed up'. All of these things you say are supposed to be taken care of by the mighty government has FAILED. Why is it that all government organizations need extremely amounts of money to keep their operations running when actual businesses need far less? Doesn't that right there tell you that the government SHOULDN'T be in charge of doing everything?

Judging from this post and a few of his earliest posts. His mind won't change until he has experienced the shock of actually having to pay for the welfare state or experiencing when it all crashes from overload.

People who think the government has the right to steal money from the people through physical force to give to others, create jobs and provide EVERYTHING don't care about personal or financial responsibility. The federal reserve will create money forever anyways, so we don't need to be accountable for anything we do.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

The only people who seem to support Obama in 2011 are white middle class Americans. The man attempted a coup in Ecuador and has drones flying all over the Middle East and North Africa.

Don't forget that obama is fighting for the Illegals to have amnesty.
back on topic I hop RP gets in if not e are screwed.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Because Obama isn't a republican, of course. Obama isn't that great, but he still isn't nearly as evil or destructive as a republican.

Of course RP isn't evil, but he wants to dismantle our country and doesn't even realize it would destroy our economy.

It's astounding and sad to me that there are ATSers out there who still think this is a partisan war.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

edit on 5-12-2011 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Paul supporters *WILL* fall into lockstep with the GOP and vote for whomever gets the nomination, lest they risk 4 more years of Obama.

Sure, on the internet most/all will claim they'll write him in, but let's be serious - The media and right wing trolls can't wait to get back to the "good" old days of Bush-style Republican rule.

Or - hey - maybe they WILL write him in and basically hand President Obama a 2nd term. I'd love for that to happen, but c'mon, let's be serious.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Like Obama has been ANY better???? Come on now. Just because he has a Peace Prize doesn't mean he has been peaceful.

Obama has done EVERY ONE of those things you accuse "evil" Repubs of doing.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

don't be lumping all Republicans in one group, because they are not all in agreement

Most republicans agree with what I posted, namely letting business destroy every plant and animal on this planet under the guise of "growth" and letting the military bomb all the other people on the planet.

If you believe that, you really are brainwashed.

I don't know any person who feels that way.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OWS streeter's do. By design. And so it goes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The thought of Newt or Romney being voted into office is VERY scary! I can't make a new topic because I haven't posted enough, but I want to put it out there that we need to make a very public call to action to vote for the anti 1%. With the GOP primaries coming up, we need to urge anyone and everyone to attend open primaries or switch to Republican to cast our vote this time around. Vote for the top choice of the GOP candidates, not the one that appears weakest to go against Obama because that could backfire and that nominee could get voted to office based on anti-Obama rhetoric. It is pretty clear Gingrich and Romney are career politicians in the pocket of the 1% crowd, and this is going against the grain of what America badly needs. All the occupy protestors need to understand this is an opportunity as well for them to get their voices heard and make a major difference. I already re-registered as a Republican this time around and will be voting Ron Paul, but I also suggest Huntsman, Johnson and Roemer. Please spread the word to others and VOTE! This is probably one of the most important times for us as Americans to put forth the effort to vote.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join