It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Followers of the bible

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A simple question..
Why do you ignore the word of your god in the old testament for the word of someone your god specifically warned you about, aka Jesus.
It is well known that the old testament warns of false prophets, people claiming to speak the word of god, devils with magical powers to deceive etc…

Don’t you think it’s a bit funny you actually ignore your god completely and overshadow him with some other dude, does that even make sense?

Your god and bible is very clear that you must not cherry pick the word of the lord. So why follow the bible at all if you cant follow it all, if you truly believe it then you would believe that you are going to hell.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Who is this question aimed at exactly? I am not a Christian, but even I know that Christian's would counter with the fact that Jesus fulfilled many predictions in the Old Testament. And, he evolved the religion into a different form than the Old Testament. Whoever believes in him has eternal life. The Old Testament was based on a series of acts and sacrifices to garner an in with God. The New Testament is based on a believe in Jesus to gain salvation.

So, Christians would not see any contradiction in their believe system.

Please elaborate on your point?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'm only replying because you are such a fun one.

The Bible is a collection of books many of which have been left out by ignorant and selfish power hungry MEN for their own political reasons. I follow Jesus and his teachings. There are only a few books in the Bible that deal with him. The Bible does nothing more than attempt to merge two faiths because one was birthed from the other. But followers of Jesus understand that his ultimate sacrifice fulfilled the Laws of Moses and anything pertaining to them is to be addressed by Christ and Christ alone. He has more authority than Moses.

I am a follower of Christ. Not an observer of the religious teachings found in the Bible.

I will wait for you to pick your jaw up off the ground so you can post another one of your "questions"

edit on 3-12-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: grammar

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Your god and bible is very clear that you must not cherry pick the word of the lord

Unfortunatly the bible isn't the word of God... though it can be found within its pages.

Whats your beef with Jesus anyways?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Gosh someone seems to be on a roll with these
religious bating threads tonight
I mean I'm not a fan of religion but give it a rest OP your like a one trick pony

your other posts
A question for theist
An anglel came to me in a vision
edit on 3-12-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hmm funny that,
no one seems to have an answer.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
Hmm funny that,

I have an answer for ya...

read and understand what Jesus taught...

What he taught makes it impossible for him to be a false prophet/teacher

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No thats not true, god says that the devil can do any number of tricks or misleading things..
If you understood the bible you would see what I am saying
do you really think if the bible was such a historical relic it would be so straighfoward.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I gave you an answer in my post. But, I sense you are not really looking for an answer, nor have you done a great deal of research on the subject.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Hmm funny that,

I have an answer for ya...

read and understand what Jesus taught...

What he taught makes it impossible for him to be a false prophet/teacher

Actually, there were several prophecies attributed to Jesus that failed to come true. Here are two among many:
Matthew 10:23, Jesus told his disciples that he would return before they could go over all the cities of Israel with the gospel. The gospel has since been preached all throughout Israel, & continues to be so with christian television now, & still Jesus hasn't returned.
Mark 14:62, Jesus told the high priest that he would live to see Jesus' second coming. Of course the high priest died before Jesus returned.
Like I said, there are several other ones, all of which Christians who have encountered these discrepancies and asked their religious leaders about them have the same weak responses. The fact is, if you take these "prophecies" literally, Jesus was a false prophet.
This is not to mention either the several "prophesies" taken from the Old Testament that were severely altered to seem to vaguely fit the supposed acts of Jesus. Many of these were based on a terrible understanding of the Hebrew language. The most famous example of which is the mistranslation of the phrase "he was born of a young woman" into the virgin birth myth. Which was penned almost a century after the supposed birth of Jesus anyway. Another great example of how Jesus doesn't fit with the Messianic prophesies of the Hebrews was the fact that he was supposed to be a conquering king, who would place the Jewish people above all Gentiles and subjugate them forever.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No thats not true, god says that the devil can do any number of tricks or misleading things..
If you understood the bible you would see what I am saying
do you really think if the bible was such a historical relic it would be so straighfoward.

lol if i understood the bible eh.... thanks i needed a laugh.

Jesus taught love my friend, the devil is the love of materialism...

I never said the bible is straight forward... its complicated. As you can tell by the state of christianity

link   

Why would you ask for 2nd hand info when you can read up on it and have your answers. It just requires a little common sense to figure out. Notice the Korn and the Torah similarities to the Old Testament. They even mention Jesus in them. As a prophet of God that escaped the cross, not the foretold Messiah.

link   

A simple question..
Why do you ignore the word of your god in the old testament for the word of someone your god specifically warned you about, aka Jesus.

I travelled back in time before the OT was finalized and one of the guys whose book was going to get rejected told me they would say that and that they were full of it.
edit on 3-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Maybe you should stick to things you actually have at least 2% knowledge on.......

Muslims knows more about what the Bible actually says about Jesus than you do.

Very very funny....... all I can do is smile. ATS gives me so many laughs some days.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Man you would have been better of just bashing your head against a wall. There is no way you are going to get a real answer to this legitimate question because,

THEY DON'T KNOW.
edit on 3-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Man you would have been better of just bashing your head against a wall. There is no way you are going to get a real answer to a legitimate question.
Haha I know right, I have hope that one day people will realise their ignorance..
Its so sad.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Maybe you should stick to things you actually have at least 2% knowledge on.......

Muslims knows more about what the Bible actually says about Jesus than you do.

Very very funny....... all I can do is smile. ATS gives me so many laughs some days.
Right and please explain how anyone could have knowledge about a fiction book.
All your ideas are only opinions.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

lol if i understood the bible eh.... thanks i needed a laugh. Jesus taught love my friend, the devil is the love of materialism... I never said the bible is straight forward... its complicated. As you can tell by the state of christianity
Its impossible to ever understand a fiction book, your ideas are only opinion; just like mine but at least they have some biblical backing as other people in this thread have clearly shown.
If the devil is the love of materialism, isn’t jesus the materialism of god and 'love'?

The bible is fiction FULL STOP
Biblically speaking my opinion has more legs then yours.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

So basically what your saying is that you are an adult who believes in fairy tales and you want us to take your opinions seriously?

edit on 3-12-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The old testament also prophecies that the Jews will reject the messiah and that the gentiles would hold Him in high esteem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join