It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will members with non-letters/numbers in their name ever be allowed into chat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Will members with non-letters/numbers in their name ever be allowed into chat?

The are many members here not allowed into chat simply because their member names have characters that are not letters or numbers.

In my case (obviously) it is the "=", but others with "__", "&", "$", etc...can not enter chat.
Not because of T & C infringements but simply because of the name.

I really feel this when ATS Live is on Saturday nights.

Will there ever be a "fix" for this, or are we (with non-letters/numbers) screwed?
edit on 12/3/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think they don't want to deal with it here when its something that could be seen in a bad light. They would rather it be private and will say, we can't be every where, alert us using such&such button. Maybe they don't know how to deal with it or it can be abused some how and they don't want to say that they can't/won't fix it.

Now if it was a mod holiday this week or month, ok why not, everyone needs a break.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
yeah were all having a rage of a time in chat, bbq , girls , wet t-shirt competitions, you know how it is right ? , oops no you dont...sorry

p.s. im sure someone will come along

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They never fix any bugs in their site software so I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The only thing I can think of is to create a new account and have the old one closed. Make the new one as close to the old one as you can get away with and just make a note in your signature line to some thing to the effect of "formly known as" so people will know you have just changed your screen name. That is the simplest thing I can think of. Yes, I know you will lose stars and points but that may just be the cost of playing the game.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I really resent the comments made in this thread.

I've personally assisted a number of members with this problem and provided them with a temporary resolution.

Chamber, you can send me a PM and I'll get you squared away.

As far as this thread goes I'm closing it because the fact that people who know nothing about how hard our staff works to address problems can make such nasty comments about our staff sickens me.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join