It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 terabyte hard drive

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes I don't want to spend the same for this new computer that I did for the last one, I will check and thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In the two weeks since I bought two 250gb disks I have already filled one of them up. I still burn alot to cd but I keep it on the hard drive because it takes forever to try to find a single cd among a stack of cds.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have 4 servers. All of them have 64 bit U320 scsi raid controllers from Adaptec. Connected to them I have 10k rpm drives. They are in a raid 5 array and they smoke. Fast and stable. If I needed more speed I can easily swap the drives out for 15k rpm drives. I have no bottleneck problems. Every computer should have such a drive array
but they are a bit expensive.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
id prefer fiber optics 1st before 1 tb hard drive

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have about 2 terabytes of storage in all. Constantly have to delete old stuff though to free up space!!

The biggest problem for me is access speed. I really need over 300 MB/sec for film work, but the dual fibre-channel SAN arrays is a bit pricey for me right now....I guess it's all relative really!

p.s. marg.. you thought of a Mac?

[edit on 7/9/04 by muppet]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Macs Suck!

Marg, if you have always used microsoft windows, then dont get a Mac, its not better.

The only thing it has going for it is 2 things:
1. For people who hate Bill Gates and Microsoft.
2. Little better security and less viruses.

its just as easy to hack, but people dont do it much because its not used as much as windows, so why write a malicious program for a mac, because if they made it for windows it could be used more often and on more computers.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They already have 2 TB hard drives. That 1 TB hard drive isn't cheap or anything either, it's priced as much as any 1 TB drive would be. So personally I don't see what's so big about this.

Some server computers have several 2 TB hard drives as well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join