It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt goes Islamic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Link

Well, what was suspected to happen has happened. The first vote results are in, and the Islamists have a commanding 60% majority in Egyptian Parliament thus far, 40% with the Brotherhoods 'freedom ad justice party', and the hardline al-Nur party with 20%.....

We can expect them to annul the peace treaty, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Democracy at work..
Now if things had of been different in the past then I'd probably disagree with you on the treaty bit,
but it's hard when you know the puppet leaders that were put in place for years..

You reap what you sow.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Possibly there will be some Egyptians that might re-think there ouster before long. Unfortunately I think the military in charge was the best thing for Egypt currently. The Muslim Brotherhood takes over there will be some very bad ramifications.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

They have always been "Islamic".

They were even under shariah law with Mubarak.

Israel isn't going to like this but too bad for them.

I don't believe they will end the peace treaty unless Israel causes problems.

There are probably incentives in place for Egypt to keep the treaty, such as American money and military hardware. I have a feeling who ever is in office will still be nothing but mere puppets. Anyone can be bought for the right price.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

Possibly there will be some Egyptians that might re-think there ouster before long. Unfortunately I think the military in charge was the best thing for Egypt currently. The Muslim Brotherhood takes over there will be some very bad ramifications.

Some experts (such as Strategic Forecast aka stratfor.com) stated many times that little has changed, in fact -- it is the military that forms the base of the power structure in Egypt. So rest assured, there is continuity and nothing outstanding will happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well I surely do hope they are right because the Muslim Brotherhood was just recently ranting death to Israel. As much as I dislike Israel no one deserves to be wiped out..

I swear when you look at the Middle East its almost like they never grew out of the dark ages. they are still in there Crusade days and Christianity... well they would probably still be there if not for the modern world doesn't tolerate killing as much as they used to... I know that's mean to say but honestly Christians haven't changed all that much. They still have that streak in them of don't want to believe we will make you believe.

*note the above comments in no way represent the entire Christian faith, just like extremists like the Brotherhood in no way represent all Muslims. It would be nice if more people realized that

But if you doubt what I say just watch the 700 club with an open mind some night and listen to Pat run his mouth. I listened to him the other night talk about how the Muslim religion was entirely based on lies, and that Muslims believe in lies.......... yet thou shall not judge eh?
edit on 12/3/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Notice how this is setting up perfectly for israel to be surrounded by the islamic brotherhood. With this development, I believe an israeli attack on iran will come sooner or later. Then israel will be taken from all sides imo.
edit on 3-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Frankly if Israel is dumb enough to attack Iran after being surrounded by groups like the brotherhood my sympathy would fall on no one but the innocent people of Israel. For their government to take such action under those circumstances would be comparable to suicide literally.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
about the only thing that *might* change is the US will declare yet another democratically elected government as a terrorist group...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Frankly if Israel is dumb enough to attack Iran after being surrounded by groups like the brotherhood my sympathy would fall on no one but the innocent people of Israel. For their government to take such action under those circumstances would be comparable to suicide literally.

The reason they want to attack iran anyway is because they feel threatened as it is. Now this could just drive them over the edge of paranoia. The brotherhood and the haters of israel will never go away, so until a precedent is set by israel, a warning, there will be no rest in israel.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustme333

What do you mean you reap what you so? Are you defending Egypt?? Or are you being sarcastic?

Israel gave the Sinai peninsula up for the sake of peace with Egypt.

So if they Islamists in Egypt annul the treaty, they essentially gave Israel nothing, took the Sinai peninsula, its military bases, its Oil wells, Israel left the Sinai, bulldozed its communities..

Wow, and yet I know there will be anti-zionists to turn this into Israels fault.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They have not always been Islamic, and Sharia law has only been partially in effect in Egypt.

This, whether it changes things or not, is a politically symbolic victory for the Islamists in Egypt.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I respectively disagree. Israel feels threatened because Israel wants to be threatened. I honestly do not think they would know what to do if they didn't feel threatened. What Israel needs to try is talking to their neighbors instead of threatening them day in and out.

Israel has been biting at the chomp ever since America changed the precedent for war to terrorists can be attacked anywhere at anytime regardless of there locale.

The Israeli government does not know the meaning of peace. Israel's idea of setting a precedent of response would be flattening a city regardless of civilian casualties ie. Palestine.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Do you know what democracy is???

Democracy and Islamism are mutually opposed concepts. Religious Law - and the ideals of Democracy, freedom of speech, liberty, egalitarianism, etc, do not Jibe with one another..

This is just Islamism making use of democracy to peacefully override the system.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Oh and for the record I am not just speaking of personal opinion. I have spoken to Israeli's they hate Muslims just as much as Muslims hate them. I have a few good friends from Israel and when the subject comes up of a Islamic country they will vehemently say things such as I will look forward to the day they are all dead etc.. etc..

So until you have spoken to some regular every day Israeli's and seen their perspective of their own neighbors don't assume to know the Israeli perspective on things.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by rogerstigers

Do you know what democracy is???

Democracy and Islamism are mutually opposed concepts. Religious Law - and the ideals of Democracy, freedom of speech, liberty, egalitarianism, etc, do not Jibe with one another..

This is just Islamism making use of democracy to peacefully override the system.

You're point being? The US calling a democratically elected government a "terrorist group" is a hypocritical farce. Judge the government on its actions not by personal bias about what they might do....

Besides, deriding Islam for employing religious law while not deriding Christianity and Judaism for the same thing is hypocritcal.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

What do you mean you reap what you so? Are you defending Egypt?? Or are you being sarcastic?
Israel gave the Sinai peninsula up for the sake of peace with Egypt.
So if they Islamists in Egypt annul the treaty, they essentially gave Israel nothing, took the Sinai peninsula, its military bases, its Oil wells, Israel left the Sinai, bulldozed its communities..
Wow, and yet I know there will be anti-zionists to turn this into Israels fault.

Israel had no right to keep the Sinai in the first place..
Just as now it has no right to continue stealing Palistine from the Palistinians..

I wonder how much Israel will be paying for resources in the future ?
They had "incredible" deals going with the old regime..
So cheap that some would say they were almost stealing the resources..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Well if some one threatened to wipe your race off the map, you would hate those people would you not?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Why is it that if you are critical of Israel you are automatically anti-Semitic or anti-Zionist? Are they special or better then other people in the world? Is there some reason I am missing that it is against some sort of law to be critical of the Israelis or Jewish people? If you are critical of say Iran does that make you a Anti-Islamic? If you are critical of America does that make you Anti-Christian?

For that matter why does religion have to play a part in it at all? One of the biggest problems in this world is that to many people let their lives be ruled and governed by religion. Religion does not give you a free pass to do whatever you want or say whatever you want. Being critical of a person who happens to be Jewish does not mean you hate Jewish people. It just means you think that person is wrong.

I do not have any issues with Judaism or the Israeli people. I do however strongly feel their government has issues and are overly paranoid warmongers.

Why is it that the devoutly religious ones are somehow always the most violent? ie. Bush, Hitler, Ceaser..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Well, one can certainly expect that the border to gaza will never be closed again.. *shrug*

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join