It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Regret in Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not going to school earlier. Now I'm 32, making 15 bucks an hour, with no savings at all. And my job contract is up in 20 days. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Not going to school earlier. Now I'm 32, making 15 bucks an hour, with no savings at all. And my job contract is up in 20 days. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I think there are many regretting the education thing or rather lack of it.

Thanks.

Hope you really do have a good Christmas BTW.

Good luck in the job search.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have a couple regrets that can be changed, but the only one I wished I could was not to swap patrol with my best friend. Now he's gone and left behind a wife and a son while Im hear and linger alone.
edit on 4-12-2011 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just came across the following article and thought of this thread:

Regrets of the Dying

For many years I worked in palliative care. My patients were those who had gone home to die. Some incredibly special times were shared. I was with them for the last three to twelve weeks of their lives.

People grow a lot when they are faced with their own mortality. I learnt never to underestimate someone’s capacity for growth. Some changes were phenomenal. Each experienced a variety of emotions, as expected, denial, fear, anger, remorse, more denial and eventually acceptance. Every single patient found their peace before they departed though, every one of them.

When questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently, common themes surfaced again and again. Here are the most common five:

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join