It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Regret in Life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Curious as to what people would say is their biggest regret in life. I know that I have mine and everyone has at least one I believe.

Maybe it was that girl you didn't ask out in school. The words you didn't say to a loved one. Perhaps a life goal that you left behind.

Maybe you didn't finish High School, College, University. Harsh words to a friend that never healed. A place never traveled to. A job you didn't take...or one that you quit?

Although I have many small ones, I have to say my biggest one is that I lost my music. It just went to the wayside and I never picked it up again as life got in the way. I was on the 'A' circuit for those that know what that is and left it.

Even now when I hear a certain song that gets to my soul, I can remember the feeling of being on stage, in the rehearsal space and even just cranking the amps up to 11 in the back yard with a cold beer just for fun.

So, I showed you mine...what's yours?

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
that's a tough one....
I have several, some of which I have 'fixed' as I get older.
College for one.... should never have quit so long ago.

My biggest regret though is a downer. I wish I never would have left the hospital that night, I wish I could have been there with him when he passed. I had no idea things would not be alright that night.

It would be nice to have a re-do.

by the way, he was one heck of a guitar player.... I think that would be his biggest regret. The friends he played with went on to get a few hits on the radio, he went a different way.
edit on 3-12-2011 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Pam. She should have been my wife, over 25 years ago. I was coming off a marriage and she was perfect. She was smart, creative but 9 years younger than me. Perfect sealed the fate though. I wasn't ready for another relationship at the time and sabotaged it. Unconsciously.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
that's a tough one....
I have several, some of which I have 'fixed' as I get older.
College for one.... should never have quit so long ago.

My biggest regret though is a downer. I wish I never would have left the hospital that night, I wish I could have been there with him when he passed. I had no idea things would not be alright that night.

It would be nice to have a re-do.

by the way, he was one heck of a guitar player.... I think that would be his biggest regret. The friends he played with went on to get a few hits on the radio, he went a different way.
edit on 3-12-2011 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, some regrets we can attempt to fix and actually succeed at doing so. Others cannot be fixed and will always remain heavy on our hearts.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Pam. She should have been my wife, over 25 years ago. I was coming off a marriage and she was perfect. She was smart, creative but 9 years younger than me. Perfect sealed the fate though. I wasn't ready for another relationship at the time and sabotaged it. Unconsciously.

I think we all have the 'one that got away' regret.

I have one as well...well maybe 2 or 3 but who's counting?

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Biggest regret?
I have had several in my life time,but they always seem to work out for the better.
It is like my life could be a big stinking pile of dung,and comes up smelling like roses.

My one regret is that I never really learned how to play my beautiful Ibanez dark walnut acoustic/electric guitar I bought several years ago.
But I still have time to make up for that.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Biggest regret?
I have had several in my life time,but they always seem to work out for the better.
It is like my life could be a big stinking pile of dung,and comes up smelling like roses.

My one regret is that I never really learned how to play my beautiful Ibanez dark walnut acoustic/electric guitar I bought several years ago.
But I still have time to make up for that.

Yes you have time...or do you?

We don't know what time we have left so I am going to suggest one thing...pick up that guitar and start strumming because tomorrow never comes.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You have time also,you know.
Or,maybe not.

I am curious as to what "a" list band you are referring to,since music is my life.
But,you don't have to disclose that.
edit on 3-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've never ever said the right thing.
Whatever moment, the words scream in my head but I can't speak.

And I've always put the wrong people first. Too worried about being with the "right" people than finding those I who encourage the good in me.

Also not stopping to enjoy the moment, instead worrying about a tomorrow that doesn't exist.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow Ok Getting a divorce from my 1st wife, never felt love like that but it was destructive for both of us, then she got killed on a bike accident with her next Boyfriend. Felt it was my fault.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hmmmm...Regrets? I've had a few.

Some people died once and I couldn't stop it. That will always be my biggest regret. Even though its not considered my fault, I consider it my fault. There is not a day that goes by that I don't see their faces before my eyes and this was over a decade ago. I don't really want to go into detail about it but you asked so there is the raw fact.

If you've ever watched the life drain out of somebody despite your best efforts it is the most powerless feeling in the world. Nothing makes you feel smaller.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it MYYYYY WAAAAYYYY...

sorry.. couldn't resist
edit on 3-12-2011 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Or,maybe not.

I am curious as to what "a" list band you are referring to,since music is my life.

I thought about it and decided not to mention the band. Not that it was a World famous one but people in Canada and maybe some of the US would remember it.

All in the name of keeping it on the down low...

What about you? Any regrets in the music department?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it MYYYYY WAAAAYYYY...

sorry.. couldn't resist
edit on 3-12-2011 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

Ok, that was just...bad.

But perfect for the thread.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

reply to post by jude11

Or,maybe not.

I thought about it and decided not to mention the band. Not that it was a World famous one but people in Canada and maybe some of the US would remember it.

All in the name of keeping it on the down low...

What about you? Any regrets in the music department?

I understand with not mentioning the band,unless you want to shoot me a u2u.

No,just kidding.
Yes big regrets in music.
All through school,I was in choir ,in high school I sang in a small time garage band.
Always wanted to play guitar.
I started learning a few years back and can play a few things,thats it.
Always wanted to rock the socks off people,ya know what I mean.
Just never got there.
Life and lack of ambition just got in the way.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
My biggest regret? Well, I'm a youngen, so I haven't experienced much in life yet. But, I'd absolutely have to say that my biggest regret was being introduced into video games at the age of about 12. A new friend of mine in middle school played WoW and talked incessantly about it. He tried to get me to play for months. I fought it off until 9th grade, but I very hesitantly gave in. Since then (I recently finished high school) I've not had the slightest bit of ambition and drive that I once used to have to educate myself, socialize with new people, go forward in life. I used to be a 3.8+ GPA student. Halfway through high school I ended up having to transfer to a "catch up" school because I had completely dismissed 2 years of school. I'm trying now to stay away from anything game related that involves computers or consoles. I'm starting to go to the library to attempt to catch up on the education that I missed out on. I'm also trying to curb my temptations by working out, being active. But, with the group of friends that I've garnered (complete trolls you can't tell anything to for fear of ridicule for weeks without end, never serious about anything that generally warrants a serious attitude, also my only friends), it is a little hard to change my habits.

In short, I regret being introduced to video games, which I could have just left this whole past at. I thought some background information would provide useful for people's understanding, though. Danke, sorry for taking up space. ^_^

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Joining ATS.

Kidding.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

Not attending your Mercenary School.

THE MERCENARY ASSOCIATION GRADUATES WEBSITE

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Wow Ok Getting a divorce from my 1st wife, never felt love like that but it was destructive for both of us, then she got killed on a bike accident with her next Boyfriend. Felt it was my fault.

Not your fault.

Bummer though.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WillowToad
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

Not attending your Mercenary School.

THE MERCENARY ASSOCIATION GRADUATES WEBSITE

I didn't take anyone under 21, what were you, 17?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join