It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP was rigged from the start...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The last time a president got rid of the central bank we ended up in a depression. As much as people don't want to admit it, the FED plays an important psychological part. That part is offering people that buy our debt the confidence that some other "flavor of the day" currency is going to pop up and throw everything out of whack.

Economics is an extremely complicated subject and equally complicated when it comes to balancing 10's and 100's of trillions of dollars. Especially when people take their money extremely seriously.

Do I think that we could have a better currency that is not fiat. Absolutely, but from what little knowledge I have about economics, if we strengthen our currency too much then it's just as bad as going through a depression.

Also, as it was put in a simple way, if you get rid of the FED are you prepared to take the risk of having someone like Madoff looking after your money posing as a legitimate bank? A Central Bank prevents this as the Central Bank is what lends the smaller regional banks their credibility. If I understood what was explained to me correctly.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I keep wondering when, you, the GOP constituency will reign in your own
party. All this talk about taking on the Federal Government, when you have
your hands more than full with your own party and your own person.

I bet the lot of you that the GOP constituency will vote in mass, even though you
guys are far less than satisfied. That says a lot about you too...

Instead of worrying about the commies in the rice bowls, why don't you worry about
something you can effect? It seems your own rhetoric of "Obama and communists
are turning America into the USSR" only distracted you from the same mess you had
in electing the last A Hole TWO times. It was sure fun calling everything commie,
but look what you got for it, Bob Dylan's refrain from "Like A Rolling Stone" comes to
mind.

Enjoy

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Star and Flag

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well, so now that Ron Paul is a recognized front-runner, I wondered how they would combat him. Even folks like my parents are now on the Ron Paul bandwagon, and what is the worst possible news we could get.......

Glenn Beck may be announcing bid for Presidency?

This is a total disaster and the final proof of a conspiracy. He has been traveling the country, promoting a book and pretending to avoid death threats. He has manufactured controversy and drama at every turn, and people like my parents love him. He has no chance at winning, and he won't be a good leader, and he has no history to speak of, but he will totally zap all the momentum away from Ron Paul.

If he really announces this tomorrow, it is proof positive of the controversy, and I won't even bother with political issues for 2012 any longer, I will just focus on my survival planning.

The thought of it is giving me shivers and rage. This is appalling! It better be an unfounded rumor, but it is just too perfect for TPTB. IT is probably true.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join