It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Looking Clouds or is it actually Weather Manipulation?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Boy, what a convoluted complicated completely illegitimate explanation that is. How did you find this piece of fantasy? Why are you putting it into this well-researched, well thought out thread?

You're right, that one guy selling the book claiming it's actually HAARP frequencies that are being bounced off of non-existent satellites was probably more right than the actual scientists who design the radars.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Boy, what a convoluted complicated completely illegitimate explanation that is. How did you find this piece of fantasy? Why are you putting it into this well-researched, well thought out thread?

What is complicated and convoluted about understanding that radar transmitters have limited elevation, and so you get a "hole" in the area above them where they do not actually scan??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The OP said this.....

I suggest that you do your own research regarding this subject and decide for yourself. Check multiple sources and do not just take any one persons opinions or theories. There will be many people trying tell you what to think and it's up to you to make up your own mind.

I don't understand the "decide for yourself" and "make up your own mind" part.

If something described is scientifically sound and is also accepted by the vast majority of science related fields (and the scientists within those fields).....how is it that "your own mind" is capable of refuting the trained scientific majority ?

If several doctors and scientific labs determine that you have cancer, would you also "decide for yourself" ? Would you also "make up your own mind", about their diagnosis ?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

You say:

You're right, that one guy selling the book claiming it's actually HAARP frequencies that are being bounced off of non-existent satellites was probably more right than the actual scientists who design the radars.

This:
www.hko.gov.hk...
is not an article from scientists. It is a fantasy article presented to us by the People's Republic of China saying:

When only one radar is available to prepare the image, a hole and concentric rings centring on the radar may occasionally appear on 3-dimensional images (see example in Figure 1), particularly when an extensive rain area covers Hong Kong.

en.wikipedia.org...

“A special administrative region (SAR) is a provincial-level administrative division of the People’s Republic of China, for which creation is provided by Article 31 of the 1982 Constitution of the People’s Republic of China…”

So you all don't have enough with the propaganda our own governments put out! You have to reach out to the propaganda arm of a communist country in order to get fantasy infromation on circles of rain on weather radar. What's up with that and why try to derail this thread with communist propaganda?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeDontKnow
The OP said this.....

I suggest that you do your own research regarding this subject and decide for yourself. Check multiple sources and do not just take any one persons opinions or theories. There will be many people trying tell you what to think and it's up to you to make up your own mind.

I don't understand the "decide for yourself" and "make up your own mind" part.

If something described is scientifically sound and is also accepted by the vast majority of science related fields (and the scientists within those fields).....how is it that "your own mind" is capable of refuting the trained scientific majority ?

If several doctors and scientific labs determine that you have cancer, would you also "decide for yourself" ? Would you also "make up your own mind", about their diagnosis ?

Huzzah, well said.

Common truther or chemmie fall-back is to condescendingly reduce all scientific fact and data to mere opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So you all don't have enough with the propaganda our own governments put out! You have to reach out to the propaganda arm of a communist country in order to get fantasy infromation on circles of rain on weather radar. What's up with that and why try to derail this thread with communist propaganda?

Why is it "fantasy"?

Because it is radar, because this particular source is China and everything China says is fantasy, because it conflicts with your conclusion and that can't be accepted, or for some actual factual reason that you can tell us but choose not to??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Uhhh, everything in that article is verifiable. Have you taken the time to research any of the claims and see if they were factual? Obviously not, otherwise you would know that it checks out.

Thank you, though, I didn't realize the communists were collaborating with the USA to spread disinformation about "HAARP". That theory must have came around the same time dutchsinse started spewing his nonsense, eh?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I watched the 1st video and had a great laugh.

They claim that the chemtrails and HAARP are used to dry out the air and create droughts in the atmosphere. No clouds or anything. And yet, when everyone else that claims chemtrails are in full bloom over their town/city/etc, it gets cloudier and hazier and even rains. So I don't get it. Which is it folks? This is why I
at the mention of chemtrails and HAARP, because no one knows what they do, but act as if they do.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Why is it "fantasy"? Because it is radar, because this particular source is China and everything China says is fantasy, because it conflicts with your conclusion and that can't be accepted, or for some actual factual reason that you can tell us but choose not to??

It's fantasy because it comes from Hong Kong and Hong Kong is owned by the People's Republic of China which is communist and does not have a free press. Communist countries do not have freedom of media or freedom of expression. Publicly, they do and say what they are told to do and say.

Uhhh, everything in that article is verifiable. Have you taken the time to research any of the claims and see if they were factual? Obviously not, otherwise you would know that it checks out.Thank you, though, I didn't realize the communists were collaborating with the USA to spread disinformation about "HAARP". That theory must have came around the same time dutchsinse started spewing his nonsense, eh?

Dutchsinse, believe it or not, expresses his views freely because he enjoys freedom of the press. His views are not censored but are allowed onto the public boulevard. This is not how a communist country works. The People's Republic of China took over Hong Kong and I have provided you with a number of links so that you may see for yourself what happens to freedom of expression in a communist regime. Ans so that you may see for yourself what is happening in Hong Kong as far as media goes.

www.ifex.org...
mashable.com...
www.zonaeuropa.com...
english.ntdtv.com...
www.abc.net.au...

This link:
www.hko.gov.hk...
and this quote:

The 3-dimensional weather radar images are generated with data from two weather radars of the Observatory. When only one radar is available to prepare the image, a hole and concentric rings centring on the radar may occasionally appear on 3-dimensional images (see example in Figure 1), particularly when an extensive rain area covers Hong Kong.

is nothing more than a propaganda campaign to 'explain' to the people of Hong Kong what the wierd radar images mean. Coming from a censored media, the information is meaningless and this quote from the web site explains how meaningless it is:

The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (including its servants and agents) makes no warranty, statement or representation, express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, availability, completeness or usefulness of the information, contained herein, and in so far as permitted by law, shall not have any legal liability or responsibility (including liability for negligence) for any loss, damage, or injury (including death) which may result, whether directly or indirectly, from the supply or use of such information.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Why is it "fantasy"? Because it is radar, because this particular source is China and everything China says is fantasy, because it conflicts with your conclusion and that can't be accepted, or for some actual factual reason that you can tell us but choose not to??

It's fantasy because it comes from Hong Kong and Hong Kong is owned by the People's Republic of China which is communist and does not have a free press. Communist countries do not have freedom of media or freedom of expression. Publicly, they do and say what they are told to do and say.

And so therefore everything that comes out of China is Fantasy?

So they don't actually have censorship at all...because they say they have censorship, and because they say it it is fantasy!!

Let me into a little secret that will help you in life - something is true or not because it is true or not. Whether it comes from Communist China, or Nazi Germany, from a libertarian utopia or the worlds most repressive dictatorship (not that the 2 former are or were either of those) is completely irrelevant.

Dutchsinse, believe it or not, expresses his views freely because he enjoys freedom of the press. His views are not censored but are allowed onto the public boulevard.

And yet he posts a heap of lies....how about that??!!
edit on 8-12-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

And so therefore everything that comes out of China is Fantasy?

I'm going to say this real slow and real simple. China is a communist country. In a communist country there is no freedom of expression: not in media, not in art, not in government, not in science. There is only propaganda. Because there is only the state. There are no individuals. There is what is called the party line. The party line is what the communist party leaders decide it is. It is not based on truth, fairness or safety but is only based on what the party leaders decide it should be.

Hong Kong is run by a special division of the People's Republic of China. Their press was supposed to be freer than the press of mainland China. This is not how things have worked out. They are in the same situation as China. I provided a number of links showing how Hong Kong is under the same constraints when it comes to freedom of expression as China.

The article from the Hong Kong Observatory that a previous poster put forth to 'prove' that the radar rings are 'normal' is fantasy based on the constricted, restricted flow of information in a communist country. The disclaimer that I quoted from the Observatory site itself tells you this as well as the knowledge of how information does not flow in a communist country. The article was meant to explain to the people of Hong Kong why the radar was wierd. The explanation comes, not from scientists, but via the propaganda machine of the People's Republic of China. This is what they want them to know. This is what they want them to think. It is nothing more than that.

My example of dutchsinse was to contrast the way that the communist information machine functions with the way our information highway functions. Perhaps you have heard of all the problems western providers have with internet services in China because of their extreme censorship. Dutchsinse puts information on the web. People are allowed to access it and read it. Some, like you, choose to believe communist propaganda when it comes to explaining the rings on the radar. Others choose to believe dutchsinse. Still others find other explanations. We do that because we have access to all of these various explanations. In China there is just one explanation - the government sanctioned one.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

And like I said - you think that everything that comes out of China is a fantasy - I got it the first time - by repeating it you are making yourself look even more silly - but hey - that's your choice.

Actually, in China there is a great deal of individualism - that is why they have dissidents. That is why they have 300 million microbloggers that they are trying to control. That is why you can find all sorts of articles coming out of China about things the Communist party would rather you didn't actually know.

But hey - I guess that's all propaganda too.

You're a hoot sometimes!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
None of this explains how HAARP is able to create false radar returns

It would make more sense if someone argued that these anomalous radar returns were caused by chemtrails being laid in a perfect circle around the radar station! Though why they would do that in order to show their presence would also need explaining ....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join