It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cains grass roots declare Ron Paul as their new candidate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Just joined ATS, is there a reason I can't star and flag this thread ? Thank you very much in advance.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
CNN is picking this up as well it seems. Although title of their article is "Cain backers look to Gingrich, Paul." Gingrich, pffft.

I particularly liked this part of the article:

"Newt Gingrich to me is part of the establishment," Reichard said, adding Paul seemed closest to Cain in philosophy. "[Cain] was an outsider and he was a conservative, and Ron Paul seems to fit into that mold."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

I think all ex Cain supporters should take a look at this if they are considering Gingrich:

Pretty much says it all.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

last I heard Newt had less than a half million dollars so how is he funding his campaign as #1. Doesn't the media judge who is in the top ranks by how much money they can raise? blatant media control

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well, the latest polls clearly show that the majority of people Cain lost went to Newt. They basically left Cain because of his alleged affairs for Newt, a man who has CONFIRMED affairs. We live in a funny world

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Well, the latest polls clearly show that the majority of people Cain lost went to Newt. They basically left Cain because of his alleged affairs for Newt, a man who has CONFIRMED affairs. We live in a funny world

That's bizarre because I have never even seen anyone openly support Newt.

Are they all hiding or something?

I will happily await the day when I finally see someone voice their support for him. But I won't hold my breath, I would suffocate!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

no way Paul would be associated with Cain like that

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

that's exactly how THEY want you to feel. the more negativity and pessimism the better

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why can't I flag this thread. Instead of flag button, a black button shows up? Haaalp!!

SCREENSHOT:

www.use.com...

edit on 4-12-2011 by WaterFasting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterFasting
Why can't I flag this thread. Instead of flag button, a black button shows up? Haaalp!!

SCREENSHOT:

www.use.com...

edit on 4-12-2011 by WaterFasting because: (no reason given)

Think you need to have a certain number of posts before you can flag threads bud.

Ron Paul 2012!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wow, I thought this was a fake thread but there it is...

No doubt that the Party bosses arent going to like this AT ALL.

Unfortunately, its the people's voices that are never heard. We'd probably be surprised to learn that we are more similar than different.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

If the MSM and cable keep beating on Newt like they are and Newt can't contain his arrogant self permoting, Paul may have a real chance here.

I really think that Ron Paul is the only one that could debate Newt and do well.Paul just needs to stay away from petty attack ad's and hit Newt on the points that the people that like Newt don't know about..................there is a lot of Negative info out there to inform people about that are his policies and not personal.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thank you.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I do not think that the majority supporting Cain were looking much beyond the economy issue.
His sales pitch was simply laid out for people to understand and catchy. Although, I believe a fourth nine as a payroll tax was being left out...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Was kind of hoping for this to happen! This is great news!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
And what's the answer when asked why they supported Cain over Paul?
"The MSM says he can't win"
Newt will be the next flavor to fall.
If RP gets half of Cain's supporters, it's still a win!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I had to do a double-take and make sure this was true. That forum does indeed have many talking about voting for Ron Paul now.
Great news!

EDIT: I also found out from that site that a new poll in Iowa has Paul in first with 25%!

www.revolutionpac.com...
edit on 3-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

I am beginning to think most of the people running aren't really running for the Presidency, but running " to get Ron Paul elected" in the hopes of securing a Cabinet Position.

Cain would make a pretty decent Treasury Secretary. I could easily see Romney as a charismatic Secretary of State.Huntsman seems like he would fit the whole Secretary of Defense thing, Perry.... He might be a half decent Secretary of the Interior or Energy. I could definitely see a President Ron Paul appointing Johnson as Attorney General. Santorum seems like he would do good in either the Departments of Agriculture or Commerce.

Newt, he seems like a patsy. Someone that was goaded to run(because he is a narcissistic psychopath) so his fall could propel Ron Paul all the higher. Ron Paul is what this country needs at this time. That is a reality. Also the Country needs a likeable Executive branch for these troubled times. As a way of restoring confidence and trust.

The Presidential debates seem more like a likeability drive then anyone seriously aiming for the Presidency besides for Ron Paul and Bachmann. She seems like she is running in the hopes of winning, but I think she is being sand bagged until for a future election. And this is mostly about getting the idea out for a future election.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I predict Ron Paul will win Iowa and all other candidates will come crashing down. Ron Paul is like an m1-tank rolling over a VW beetle, he is unstoppable, once an object gains momentum it is incredibly hard to stop. One down few more to go: Newt, Romney.

My belief is that Romney and newt must be crushed so that all the other candidates remaining will be so weak that Ron Paul will win easily. You don't eliminate the smaller people first, you always eliminate the biggest obstacles. Who would you have Ron paul run against, santorum or Romney? Basic strategy.
edit on 4-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I predict Ron Paul will win Iowa and all other candidates will come crashing down. Ron Paul is like an m1-tank rolling over a VW beetle, he is unstoppable, once an object gains momentum it is incredibly hard to stop. One down few more to go: Newt, Romney.

My belief is that Romney and newt must be crushed so that all the other candidates remaining will be so weak that Ron Paul will win easily. You don't eliminate the smaller people first, you always eliminate the biggest obstacles. Who would you have Ron paul run against, santorum or Romney? Basic strategy.
edit on 4-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

The thing is, look back to all the debates. Romney seemed to show a deference to Rep. Ron Paul that is usually only shown to your boss kind of thing. I think Romney knows he can't win at this time and is aiming for a cabinet or VP position. Newt though... Someone had to feed a lot of BS into his ego. He never had and never will have a chance. Bush Jr(if he could run again) would have a better chance then Newt.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Personally I can understand the Cain/Paul connection. I'm for Paul, but Cain would would have been my second choice before deciding RP is the only candidate worth voting for. I don't believe the majority of supporters of Cain Will support Newt, because he's an insider. What I liked most about Cain was he didn't seem like an insider. Newt, and Romney are uber insiders. Ron Paul is the only logical choice.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
INTERESTING :

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Cain announced that he will be making an endorsement soon. Let's hope he takes the hint.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join