It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cains grass roots declare Ron Paul as their new candidate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Over at www.hermancainforums.com...
The moderator is currently converting the forum to a Ron Paul forum after he announced his support for Ron Paul.
Seems as if the majority of Herman Cains grass roots definitely like the idea.
This could propel Ron Pauls support up a huge notch!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I had to do a double-take and make sure this was true. That forum does indeed have many talking about voting for Ron Paul now.
Great news!

EDIT: I also found out from that site that a new poll in Iowa has Paul in first with 25%!

www.revolutionpac.com...
edit on 3-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I noticed that also.
Looked like many were on the fence to begin with!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Wow, I took a look and indeed majority of the people have been supporting Cain are now supporting Ron Paul. This is going to be very interesting in the coming weeks.

I have always supported Ron Paul ever since last year when I came across a video of Ron Paul back about 15 years ago predicting the real estate bubble and housing collapse. He was right about that, many years before most of the people even knew it was coming. I was impressed. After looking more and more into his history, I came to the conclusion that since he was in the U.S. Air Force, he was a doctor, and a strong politician, he really caught my eye.

Ron Paul is a great candidate and person. Perfect for what we need in the office!

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is great news, but why were they supporting Cain in the first place? His links to the Federal Reserve were blatant.

Do they even know what the Federal Reserve banking system is? Please don't take offense at this but I am quite curious to know.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wonder if this will be the norm,when the rest of the Nominees start dropping off like fly's...........

Hope so.................

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Something doesn't seem right about this.... In the other H.C threads about his news talks about dividing R.P supporters. This may be the beginning.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Can you share a link to that? I would be interested in seeing that..Also beginning of what? Curious.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is ironic as Cain served on a federal reserve bank board of directors, and Paul is diametrically opposed to the fed.

...Moar evidence to support my Herman Cain Conspiracy thread?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is very interesting news indeed. I think that so many people just want an outsider or outlier in the office for a change and that is one of the reasons so many thought so well of Cain for quite a while. A lot of the people in the race this time around are little more than clay. They change their shape to adapt. Ron Paul is changing the shape of the debate because he is not clay like these others he is more like an intellectual equivalent of an iron-man triathlon runner.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't understand why they all weren't just supporting Ron Paul in the first place? But I suppose this is good news, and S&F. Ron Paul has so much more grass roots support.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
WOW!!! Mr. Toads Wild 2012 election just picked up some higher hills.

Paul would go out from the edges into the middle.

The stakes just got higher with the new hand.

How many euphemisms can I think of "off the top" of my head?

Game changer?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Also Paul's position foreign policy is about the reverse of what Cain's was. So none of this really makes sense.

Cain supporters would be the people who'd need to wake up to Paul imo, so although while this is confusing, this is a good confusing.
edit on 3-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
who do you guys think the bachman and perry voters will go if they drop out early?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Paul supporters are very detail oriented and usually know every single position he has by heart.
Most candidate supporters have one or two main issues and they ignore the rest. So even though in a big picture sense Paul is opposite Cain, the main issues the supporters had that attracted them to Cain may have been similar to what Paul offers as far as taxes and reassessing problem areas of Government. They also go with the pack and if the main guy at a Herman Cain grass roots site thinks its a good idea to support Paul, then most will follow. This is mainly in response to not having a candidate any more and wanting to stay in the fight against Obama.

The reason Cain supporters may be so willing to switch to Ron Paul is because the main republican opponents they had was Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. Ron Paul was lower in the polls and they really never considered him a threat. So with a not Romney mentality and just coming off a candidate with a sexual misconduct problem, going to Newt is out of the question. The next highest polling candidate is Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

That is a good question ....You could start a political thread on that very subject . It would be nice to hear ATS pundents...peace

edit on 3-12-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This is great news, but why were they supporting Cain in the first place? His links to the Federal Reserve were blatant.

Do they even know what the Federal Reserve banking system is? Please don't take offense at this but I am quite curious to know.

I can explain it from my own point of view, although I certainly can't speak for everyone.

First of all, notice I am from Georgia. I have listened to Herman Cain for years on the radio here, as he often filled in for radio talk show hosts out of Atlanta. I always liked what he had to say.

I was an early tea party supporter (back before it was called the "tea party" by everyone, and we had "tax day tea party events" here locally (Taxed Enough Already). It wasn't so much a "political party" as it was a protest event. So of course I have always liked what Ron Paul had to say.

When Herman Cain announced that he was running for president, I was excited to support him. Many of his positions seemed to match mine, as both of us were tea party supporters. We both agreed that the federal government is out of control, and I was also interested in him because he has never been in politics. Say what you will about him, but he has been successful in business, and therefore knows what makes an attractive business climate.

As I already said, I have also always been attracted to Ron Paul as a candidate; however, I have seen my conservative friends write him off as a kook. Those same conservative friends got excited about Herman Cain. While I would always have supported Ron Paul (especially over all of those other choices), Herman Cain seemed like a candidate who could actually WIN.

Now that Cain is out, those of us who always liked Ron Paul (but weren't convinced he was electable) have no one else to support. Everyone else seems to be an absolutely repulsive choice.

And those who always considered Ron Paul to be a kook are left with those other clowns. Ron Paul suddenly looks better by comparison.

I know the Federal Reserve issue confuses a lot of hard core Ron Paul supporters. How could anyone support Cain and Paul, because they have such different positions on the Federal Reserve? It's because the Fed isn't on most Americans' radar. They just know they want something to change in Washington. Cain represented change. Now, Ron Paul seems to be the ONLY one left who represents change.

I hope and pray that the Cain supporters ALL move over to the Ron Paul camp. I'm packing up my tent now. :-)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
CNN is picking this up as well it seems. Although title of their article is "Cain backers look to Gingrich, Paul." Gingrich, pffft.

I particularly liked this part of the article:

"Newt Gingrich to me is part of the establishment," Reichard said, adding Paul seemed closest to Cain in philosophy. "[Cain] was an outsider and he was a conservative, and Ron Paul seems to fit into that mold."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

I think all ex Cain supporters should take a look at this if they are considering Gingrich:

Pretty much says it all.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

That is excellent!

According to the charts, if Cain supporters moved to RP, it could put him in the 40%-50% category.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I really hope this is true!!!

None of the MSM has EVEN MENTIONED Paul when discussing this issue...
You'd think the reporters would check out Cain's own forum...oh wait, that would be too logical

edit on 3-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join