It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the DOJ did lie about Fast & Furious!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Dolt!! Link
Ok so after all the claims to the contrary the Justice department did lie to a Congressional investigation. So boys and girls this wasn't republicans having a witch hunt. They actually outright lied.

The Justice Department provided 1,364 pages of documents to Congress after concluding "that we will make a rare exception to the department's recognized protocols and provide you with information related to how the inaccurate information came to be included in the letter," Deputy Attorney General James Cole wrote Grassley and Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which is looking into the Obama administration's handling of Operation Fast and Furious. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Since when is it a option to lie when subpoenaed by a congressional investigation?
edit on 3-12-2011 by hangedman13 because: forgot to include thread

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

does this mean they get to goto jail? cause thats the part I'm waiting to read.. cause at this point, I am sick and tired of people in authoritary positions getting away with crimes that would land me in jail. at this rate... well... things could get ugly.. seriously ugly.. seriously though, i'm really peeved... peeved doesnt come close to explaining my anger for all authority and government figures alike..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

All involved should hang from the highest trees.
People in a position of trust betraying the US during a time of war.
But you and I know one person will get charged and the rest will get a new position with a raise and more influence.
Anybody admit that something is wrong here yet?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

LOL... Go to Jail? Nahhhhh Slap on the rist and early retirement with full pensions. They're Government employees. They did it for the good of the Country don't cha know?

Bulldinky.... I hope they (pick a punishment) other then early retirement.(Jail aint gonna happen.They'd get pardoned from the resort compound anyway. GOOD soldier. )

Makes good cops,teachers,librarians, and any othe good Gov. employee look bad.

I can't find the guy's name who tryed to whistleblow the deal and walked away before this debacle happened.

He should get a medal for integrity and morality. HE saw this coming.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

We can only hope
Problem is the deflection from the issue will be going into overdrive. "Bush did it" or my favorite "The lax gun laws are to blame" Well when Bush did it his administration had the cooperation and assistance of the Mexican gov't. As for gun laws, well the dealers were cooperating with a federal investigation so... Gotta love the Friday document releases! Now the question is what will the Congressional committee do next?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

But you and I know one person will get charged and the rest will get a new position with a raise and more influence. Anybody admit that something is wrong here yet?

Funny I did a thread about the "transfers" the various dept heads got out of this.thread There seems to be some issues with the whole handling of the investigation by the DOJ. So of course no one has said "it's my fault" and probably no one ever will.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm glad you brought this up. I received an email from Sen. Grassley's office just today concerning the same subject. I was going to start a thread with it, but I'll post it here:

I’ve been leading an investigation into an illegal gunwalking program sanctioned by our federal government, known as Operation Fast and Furious, initiated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. This gunwalking program led to the death of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. I started my investigation nearly one year ago, and have mostly been stonewalled by the department and its employees. In fact, following my first letter asking questions about allegations I had received from whistleblowers, the Justice Department responded in a February 4th letter by saying they would never knowingly allow guns to walk. We know this statement to be unequivocally false.

Below is the latest in a series of facts I’ve been sending to the media to make sure they understand the real issues involved. This includes information about why this February 4th letter from the Justice Department contained false information. Please click on the links below to see the supporting documents so you can see for yourself, and I hope you’ll click here to see all the other facts I’ve been sending.

Keep in touch.

Senate Judiciary Subcommittee Hearing with Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer Questions for the Record received December 2, 2011 and letter from Attorney General Eric Holder, October 7, 2011

The February 4th Response - The Justice Department can’t have it both ways

• Attorney General Holder letter to Senator Grassley, Congressman Issa, October 7, 2011: “Senator Grassley has suggested that I was aware of Operation Fast and Furious from letters he provided to me on or about January 31, 2011 that were addressed to the former Acting Director of ATF. However, those letters referred only to an ATF umbrella initiative on the Southwest Border that started under the prior Administration -- Project Gunrunner -- and not to Operation Fast and Furious.”

• Senator Grassley: “Did your Deputy Assistant Attorney General (DAAG) Jason Weinstein review the Department’s February 4, 2011 letter to me?”

Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer, December 2, 2011: “Yes, DAAG Weinstein reviewed the letter; he also participated in its drafting.”

“Based on the documents being produced by the Justice Department, I understand that two emails attaching drafts of the letter were sent to me by DAAG Weinstein on February 2, while I was in Mexico (February 1-3), and that I forwarded one of those emails to my personal email account on that day; I also understand that on February 4, after I had returned from Mexico, I received two emails attaching signed versions of the letter, including the final version, and that on February 5, I forwarded both emails to my personal email account. However, as I testified, I cannot say for sure whether I saw a draft of the letter before it was sent to you.”

FACT
The letter which Deputy Assistant Attorney General Jason Weinstein participated in drafting, and which Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer was sent drafts of, stated: “ATF makes every effort to interdict weapons that have been purchased illegally and prevent their transportation to Mexico.” Weinstein knew this was clearly false because he knew about gunwalking in Operation Wide Receiver, which he brought to Breuer’s attention in April 2010. Had Breuer read this letter (he is unclear if he read it), he would have known this sentence was false as well.

Like Senator Grassley’s January 27 letter, the Justice Department’s February 4 letter applied to all of Project Gunrunner, of which both Operation Wide Receiver and Operation Fast and Furious were a part. The Attorney General can’t simultaneously claim that Senator Grassley’s January 27 letter was too broad for him to be aware that Grassley was talking about of Fast and Furious but that their response was so narrow as to only apply to Fast and Furious, which is never specifically named in the Justice Department’s February 4 letter.

Documents supporting the FACTS.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Awesome thanks for the additional info!! I am going to read the links you provided as soon as I finish writing this. I can not wait to see how they spin this to make Holder look like the victim!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Of course they lied, and the people in charge will get off scot free. Wake me up when people care more about holding government accountable for its actions.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Well if the first reaction wasn't to kill the messenger I would agree. link The whole thing stunk from the discovery. Grassley even accused the DOJ of lying when he started investigating.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Special Agent Jay Dobyns was the guy that started blowing the whistle publicly. He has faced serious reprisals. Some even believe his house burning down was no accident. The man has been discredited by his organization and has suffered both professionally and personally for his actions.

As a person that works with law enforcement it makes me sick to see what he has went through. Every one from the Phoenix office SAC up to AG Holder should be forced to tender their resignation immeadiately. They not only betrayed the trust of the people they willingly aided drug cartels in murder. That sounds like accesory to the fact in my book.

Check out cleanupatf.org... for the inside view from agents.
edit on 4-12-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by niceguybob

Special Agent Jay Dobyns was the guy that started blowing the whistle publicly. He has faced serious reprisals. Some even believe his house burning down was no accident. The man has been discredited by his organization and has suffered both professionally and personally for his actions.

As a person that works with law enforcement it makes me sick to see what he has went through. Every one from the Phoenix office SAC up to AG Holder should be forced to tender their resignation immeadiately. They not only betrayed the trust of the people they willingly aided drug cartels in murder. That sounds like accesory to the fact in my book.

Check out cleanupatf.org... for the inside view from agents.
edit on 4-12-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

THANK YOU for the responce.. It drives me nuts when people don't understand the ramifications of real peoples lives and exposure to real situations, that are life changing.
The guy is a real realtime whistleblower. It's a work in progress. He's being discredited in front of our eyes.
This is real.
I know the owners of this sight are credible. (I'm not LOL heh)
They respect Law Enforcement as do I.
This thread is being watched by many as it should be. .
Please keep us posted about Mr.Dobyns.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Holy Chit! That's a helluva website. Who knew? Thanks. Glad to see the good guys are out there.

new topics

top topics

join