It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing huge UFO next to Mercury decloaked by Sun Flare

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If Aliens do exsist and I think they do, then they are far more advanced in there understanding of life and the secrets of the cosmos. It would not surprise me if they unlocked the secrets of atmosphers like earth has and can manipulate it around a source, like earth. This in turn might cause an aurora borealis effect and highlight the ship as it effects our atmosphere as well. The info we seek is out there we just have to know where to look, and when. Things like this are not going to make the news, yet it is there if we seek it out. Its all one of those senerios dont ask dont tell, take it how ever you want.
edit on 4-12-2011 by TheMur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i'm reposting this from prior page in this thread, so it gets read

come on people, we can figure this out.
we've all had enough science and physics to determine what is happening in a simple scene of objects moving against a background. this is no different. let's put ye olde thinking caps on.

we need to know the following:

1. if the camera is stationary (pointing at the same exact spot in the sky during the event) and the object moves across the camera's field of vision, then it can't be a lens artifact.

2. is the camera in solar orbit, locked in its position? if the camera is moving in one direction at the same time as the event is occuring in another direction, could it give the illusion of moving across the lens even if it isn't? doesn't seem possible since the artifact would always be in the same place on the lens. the only time this would not be true is if the lens itself were a sphere and rotated on its own axis.

3. what happens AFTER the scene recorded in the video.

4. we should measure how far the object is from the rim of the lens, north south east west positions, to find out how much it moves on the lens.

edit on 4-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
In my opinion the "object" is nothing more than a typical Aurora namely in this case "Aurora Mercurialis".

Oh I like that
So much better than Phage's feeble attempt

Taken from ISS

Aurora on Jupiter

It may not be an Aurora but heck I get to add cool pics

edit on 4-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
could be an answer to if there is a moon there?But something large was seen there before and startled the scientific community .........this could be huge
look at this
en.wikipedia.org...'s_moon

Not this one, it is craft shaped, and it actually pings if you close your eyes, or connect.

Edit to add, you'd be surprised at the sizes of some of the crafts. Goes the other way too, higher up vessels can be quite small and still contain whole planets or systems in them.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Mercury is just a little over 38% the size of earth, so about a third the size of earth. This object that the guy in the video already pegged as a cylindrical 'manufactured' object, is about one quarter the size of mercury. I find that a lot too large to swallow, the guy in the video is pretty cavalier with his pronouncements I'm quite sure. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a 'manufactured' craft. Unidentified flying object....... a unidentified object maybe, Flying...... questionable. Typical utube post with unverified information held to be Fact. This is why thee is seldom credability given to these amatur declarations. Next...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
Things like this are not going to make the news, yet it is there if we seek it out. Its all one of those senerios dont ask dont tell, take it how ever you want.
edit on 4-12-2011 by TheMur because: (no reason given)

But it's not one of those scenarios. I asked and got an answer.
go back to page 4
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That was written by a fella at nrl.navy.mi that actually works with the images.

Now, there haven't been that many comments about what he said and I don't know if that's because people posting
didn't understand, or because they didn't read the thread, or because it wasn't what they wanted to hear.

Really doesn't matter, cause I found out what I wanted to know.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

the questions arising from that would be:

`1 if it's a reflection from the planet and the next bit of video shows it moving away from the planet or rather, the planet outpacing it, would that mean the reflection had launched itself into space?

2 i mean that's far from the atmosphere of a planet. does this mean mercury has a huge atmosphere or is it just about the magnetic field? and how big is the magnetic field of mercury?

3. what kind of camera is it? is it employing infra red tech? if so, then is the raw data from the infra red camera or just a visible light camera? is there more than one set of raw data, one set from infra red and one set from visible light? perhaps even another for ultraviolet light?
edit on 4-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Another point I'd suggest is that it's not de-cloaking, rather it's being enveloped, thus made visible.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Another point I'd suggest is that it's not de-cloaking, rather it's being enveloped, thus made visible.

video looks infra red, could be still invisible even after the cme, if you weren't looking at it with infra red tech of some kind.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have been following this thread since it started. There have been so many interesting ideas presented, however I think that Phage had essentially solved it early in the thread, especially with the backing he has by an actual scientist involved in the Stereo A and B project.

The fact that the anomaly occurs directly adjacent to the background subtraction zone, and it's huge size which is nearly the diameter of the image of Mercury seems to clinch it being related to the scenario he presented.

Of course, IMHO, but it seems the most plausible explanation.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm not keen on always being the cynic, I'd like to see something that could be quantified as authentic, not blathering psuedo-science. I'm not suggesting the OP is doing that, I'm just saying. Something science can put under the scope, something that behaves within the laws of physics. And while I'm at it, a whole lot less doom and gloom purveyors, rerun, rerun, rerun.....
edit on 4-12-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Now, there haven't been that many comments about what he said and I don't know if that's because people posting didn't understand, or because they didn't read the thread, or because it wasn't what they wanted to hear.

People read the OP and make comment... rarely read the thread beyond that. Besides your info goes against the "UFO" part of the OP

[Really doesn't matter, cause I found out what I wanted to know.

Not that I don't trust the NAVY
but you do realize that asking the official source is most likely going to get you an official reply. Like when asking NASA about UFO's you will get the official reply "It's just dust and debris... nothing to see here"

If the official reply gives you your answer, then all well and good... but a conspiracy site is rarely satisfied with official answers from THEM

Because if there really IS something out there that they don't want to tell you about, they are not very likely to give you official conformation of an Alien cloaked ship

See the dilemma?

edit on 4-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If that thing was almost as big as Mercury then the gravitational pull of 2 massive objects so near each other would cause them to smash together.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sweepster

No it doesnt. Its a craft that uses phasing and HZ, you would only feel its tractor beam if wanted you to. And you only get a chance to debate on what this craft that looks alot like the starship enterprise is, if they allowed themselves to be picked up by that CME.

By the way anyone can do their little meditaiton and try to connect now, thats for real, and seems to be the positives.

UFO's over Chilliwack BC as summer of contact continues

This is interesting I found on searches today. Close to me so I 'd thought I'd throw it in, because they're wake up calls. The whole thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

All these star and flags?

I know the headline of the title came from the video that is focus of the OP, but let's examine this statement logically:

Amazing huge UFO next to Mercury decloaked by Sun Flare

So.....the logic. Firstly, let's go out on a limb and postulate that some advanced technological species has a very large craft of some sort, in the vicinity of Mercury. And that this craft has some manner of (a'la Star Trek) "cloaking device".
Given that this "alien ship" is rather near to the Sun, it would logically require some sort of method of protecting it from the heat. Whether by the nature of the materials it is built from, or some other technical means.

But, with all of this "technology", these space-faring creatures are suddenly "unmasked" by a mere CME, or other minor eruption from the star they are orbiting? Not even that close to the star, either really.....Mercury is gonna be hot, no question about it...and anything there too will receive a lot of thermal energy. But, no where near the amounts if one were even closer to the Sun.

So, these "aliens" are so inept as to be accidentally "spotted" by the puny Humans who roam around on scientific websites that contain topics they haven't a clue to understand, so they post it on YouTube as "proof"?

Does that about sum it up?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Interesting post...What I'm going to take from this is perhaps there is some good that's coming from all the solar activity taking place.
My observation is this object is not moving at the same speed as the camera..It is moving slightly slower...
Perhaps the angle is causing this...

I honestly doubt this image has anything to do with the camera....Ofcourse That doesn't mean it is in fact an enormous space object.
Nice post..Thnx

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It’s a internal reflection-- inside the camera
OP says this was SECCHI HI1-A

The HI is a wide-angle visible-light imaging system for the detection of coronal mass ejection (CME) events in interplanetary space and, in particular, of events directed towards the Earth.

SECCHI also has SCIP--Extreme Ultra-Violet Imager
Here’s the tech paper
www.sstd.rl.ac.uk...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Reviewing the video i notice that in the first wave of the plasma (cme) the “object” starts to show a dim brightness that get’s more brighter with the second wave (actually it’s only a have of cme, but, it’s easy to see that it have’s different densities) because of density of the “plasma”…. Again it’s a strange phenomena ….

Everything stays normal without the “cme” passing by… until it happens….and it’s at constant distance from the planet… hum... fishie !!

Correction it doesn’t stay at constant distance it seems to stay “behind”…loosing some distance from it…
edit on 4-12-2011 by voyger2 because: correction

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

All these star and flags?
reply to post by ProudBird

We have been waiting patiently for the next big doom scenario may be this one is it.

It does feel like there is some truth being dangled over our heads.We know it's there but we can't make out the structure of the lies yet.
It's a bit ironic how we strive for technological advances as a society and have done well and at the same time we are perplexed by so called anomaLIES.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join