It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing huge UFO next to Mercury decloaked by Sun Flare

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by Phage
We've seen similar before.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is the result of a process called background subtraction.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02b31a0fc8ab.gif[/atsimg]

Does anyone else get really tired of "Hey youtube. ______ here."
edit on 12/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Sorry not even close this time man you got to get new material

Your as bad as gortex and his blimp

Man prety bad when the debunker are running out of idea

Doesn't look like he ran out of ideas, they seem pretty solid to me. Maybe next time?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm starting to think Phage is actually an alien, and his debunking on ATS is an attempt to hide his true orgin.

Nice try, Phage! We got pics of your mothership!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Aliens decloaking gets more user views than something called subtraction. I think Ill open a beer and watch me some math in stereo! Jk!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
While I would love to think that this is my mothership, on its way to scoop up all the generous and good little boys and girls, a picture tells us virtually nothing in today's modern world.

You cannot trust what you see in images any longer, but must rely on your intuition alone.

Sad, but true.

So. the question becomes. what are you ready to accept?

Your own belief is what you find, so be open minded and careful and determine your reality accordingly.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

CME's tend to be directional, not omni directional.

A good reason to conclude this object is very large indeed is precisely because of the way it is highlighted by the directional blast from the ejected material.

If the object was at the other end of the solar system (or very close to the camera), it wouldn't be affected by the cme.

Even if it was a flare, and the object was very far away from Mercury, there would be a very substantial delay before the object was even touched by it...even light itself takes around 8 minutes to reach Earth from the sun, and we're talking about particles with mass here, not photons.

There was no delay in seeing the effects of the ejection on both Mercury and the object, therefore both of them were close to each other (relatively speaking).

edit on 4/12/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Solar flares are omni directional. CMEs are not.
The CME seen in the video did not hit Mercury and there is no object.

edit on 12/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by Vandalour

You do know that the majority of our planets have an invisible protective layer, right? Once the sun's rays hit a planet, the invisible layer can be seen by the average onlooker.

Look up: Magnetic Field
edit on 12/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

Yes, but most invisible protective layers tend to encompass the entire planet, not just a huge rectangular section hanging by itself in space...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I meant to say coronal mass ejection, not flare.

Thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I'm starting to think Phage is actually an alien, and his debunking on ATS is an attempt to hide his true orgin.

Nice try, Phage! We got pics of your mothership!

It took you a while!

What gets me is all the smart alecs coming in latterly with bash the OP by sci-fi ridcule. You could probably argue that a cloaked/camouflage vehicle in space using the current experimental techniques might just flare up like that, being a solid body. H.G.Wells, Jule Verne among others wrote about stuff into the horizon of sci-fi, some of the stuff they wrote about didn't exist then, but does now.

As for what the 'object' really is, it doesn't matter if you don't know does it? In this case, 'Karl' has given us a verbal explanation in his e-mail, and Phage some more examples of the same effect. In this case the anomaly done and dusted pretty satisfactorily.
edit on 4-12-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So the cloaked ship that shot the sun and created massive solar activity and destroyed elenin with perfect timing gets a fancy picture taken of it and were told that its not real.Next thing you know we find out that we have yu55 locked up in some basement somewhere while our best scientist refining the elements from it to make anti-matter so we can time travel.Lets just hope that jesus is not driving that cloaked ship that doesn't exist.It's gonna be ok though soon we will get full disclosure when all this backfires.
phyiscally
human
android
googling
earth

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I still say if this is mercury we are looking at, that this could be a magnetic/plasma tornado.

www.universetoday.com...

During its second flyby of the planet on October 6, 2008, MESSENGER discovered that Mercury’s magnetic field can be extremely leaky indeed. The spacecraft encountered magnetic “tornadoes” – twisted bundles of magnetic fields connecting the planetary magnetic field to interplanetary space – that were up to 500 miles wide or a third of the radius of the planet.

“These ‘tornadoes’ form when magnetic fields carried by the solar wind connect to Mercury’s magnetic field,” said Slavin. “As the solar wind blows past Mercury’s field, these joined magnetic fields are carried with it and twist up into vortex-like structures. These twisted magnetic flux tubes, technically known as flux transfer events, form open windows in the planet’s magnetic shield through which the solar wind may enter and directly impact Mercury’s surface.”

Here is another nice link for those who like to learn this stuff.

www.nowpublic.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Did you look at the diagram?

The tornadoes, also called "flux transfer events" (twisted lines) form at the magnetopause and "plasmoids" (yellow areas) when they form in the long magnetic "tail" extending from the night-side of Mercury.

www.universetoday.com...
The "night-side" would be the side away from the Sun.

edit on 12/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
Really good video showing some kind of unknown object decloaking next to Mercury, perhaps the cloaking device is sensitve to sun flares like earth satelites and electronic is. what do you think ?

Huge cloaked UFO next to Mercury on SECCHI HI1-A on 12/01/11, appears when a CME hits it! Go to SECCHI and record this before it disappears.

Go to 0:30 to skip to the action

Mercury has an equatorial diameter of 4,879 km, so if this object is next to mercury its massive
around 2500 km in diameter.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

Could be. I hope it is.

But he lost me when he said "That is definitely a metal object!"

Really? How definite is that?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That is the weak point to my theory, but what angle are we looking at?

Isn't the satellite positioned off at an angle? From the drawing, it looks like these magnetic tornadoes can form as much as a 90 angle with the sun. It may be that this cloudy apparition is more off to the side than it appears to be on the surface.

Anyway, those are pretty cool links, dontcha think?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I wonder what exactly you are trying to achieve here mate?

Lets just hypothesize that there is actually a very large object of unknown origin in the vicinity of the planet Mercury, and what we are seeing on the video is as a result of energetic particles streaming from the Sun and causing a reaction from the unknown object.

The reaction could be as a result of intense EM effects, or as from particles striking it directly, whatever the case may be, how does showing other images containing a very similar effect disprove the unknown object hypothesis?

If anything, it reinforces it rather than disproves it.

If a hypothetical unknown object is in permanent station keeping with Mercury, (or indeed with any of the other bodies in our system) then one would expect to find other instances where this interaction may have been recorded.

How do we know the other examples you show are not similar or the same objects?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

It's unidentified. In my books that coins the term UFO perfectly, seeing as it is in space.

We can always call it an UOO if it would make you happier
(unidentified orbiting object).

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

that's really interesting. it isn't stationary, it's moving in lock step with mercury, like in a gravitational lock. which means that it either has to be on the lens of the camera or it's actually there, following mercury's orbit, precisely.

if we could see more of the events after where the video ends, we might be able to tell if it stays in orbit with mercury or if mercury's orbit out paces it. we need to look at all the events if it drifts to the right, up, or down, or drifts too far to the left, but the camera stays pointing in the same exact direction, then it isn't on the lens. is the camera always pointed at the same portion of the sky? does it have a scanning path and if so, what is it?

edit on 4-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In my opinion the "object" is nothing more than a typical Aurora namely in this case "Aurora Mercurialis". Such plasma phenomenon often mystify the uninitiated. To suggest that it is a UFO space station is obsurd. I am convinced that UFO do exist. However in my comprehension the UFO are in the same category as the paranormal. In other words the paranormal is a relativity and radionic phenomenon much akin to the plasma physics that has given arise to the "Aurora Mercurialis" observed in the video presented in this thread. Solar energy radiating out from the Sun causes such "Aurora" to exist all across the Solar System. Every planet and moons too are affected. Not always just in the Polar Regions. Mars displays such Aurora in its equatorial plane. It all relates to the magnetic fields. Here are some pictures of such Aurora lighting up the night time sky here on Earth.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 4/12/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
come on people, we can figure this out.
we've all had enough science and physics to determine what is happening in a simple scene of objects moving against a background. this is no different. let's put ye olde thinking caps on.

we need to know the following:

1. if the camera is stationary (pointing at the same exact spot in the sky during the event) and the object moves across the camera's field of vision, then it can't be a lens artifact.

2. is the camera in solar orbit, locked in its position? if the camera is moving in one direction at the same time as the event is occuring in another direction, could it give the illusion of moving across the lens even if it isn't? doesn't seem possible since the artifact would always be in the same place on the lens.

3. what happens AFTER the scene recorded in the video.

4. we should measure how far the object is from the rim of the lens, north south east west positions, to find out how much it moves on the lens.
edit on 4-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join