It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing huge UFO next to Mercury decloaked by Sun Flare

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I am not sure if anybody has done this lately, but thank you for your input. I always look forward to seeing you posts in highly skeptical situations such as this.

I will admit, I wanted this one to be something. And even tho I have read all of your links on this as well as outside ats info on the matter, All signs point to it is an image artifact. But darn it, there is just an odd vibe to this one!

Honestly, with all the scientific disproof, ufo fakers, nut jobs, lens flares, pix from the 70's handed down by my dads friends bosses niece's best friend, and many other illegitimate claims: A real 'outer world being' or ship could fly right in front of us and it would somehow get debunked.

Im not attacking you Phage, just expressing a point. That there is no point anymore. People are just going to have to believe what they want to belive. I honestly get tired of trying sometimes.

ThatGuy45

You know.. Phage is not a all knowing god.. Anyone´s theory is just as good when speaking about a unidentified object, when it's not been given a official scientific by a proven certified scientific community, therefore still unidentified, therfore "Anyone´s theory is just as good"
edit on 8-12-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
People need to be more critical of such deep space imaging. Firstly, in most cases these imaging instruments all have unique optics, and mostly not in visible spectra, so with different types of optic-based or otherwise unique sensory imaging, like infrared, radar, radio and other such types of imaging, each will have a different type of issue that might express into the data some anomalous errors. You need to map all such errors and effects for each instrument before you can begin to tell if it is not caused by the instruments method of data gathering, whether optical or otherwise.

We can see lens flairs for different types of lenses and identify those by being familiar with all the different conditions and optical effects, but these space imaging instruments are unique, and we have not begun to see all such effects caused by normal conditions. So this means we need take each event with a grain of salt, factoring in a healthy uncertainty. It's a sobering and disappointing process, but to be a critical thinker, you need account for everything you can, and then make a determination.

In this case, if there is another source for this object imaged by other means, later or earlier records, it takes us to the next stage of probability of there being "something" there. Until then we have scant data to make any determination that is not purely speculation.

I'll keep this on the shelf, and if more data becomes available I will add that and see if it warrants attention. I already have personal evidence of life beyond our world and species, but I am even more critical now because the proof of such demands much more evidence than events such as this. People want to believe, and sense that alien or other life exists. This event is an example of how we can get ahead of ourselves and the actual evidence in our desire to experience that reality.

There could actually be such massive ships in the solar system. Credible intelligent experiencers have said as much. Actually seeing or being on these craft in their interactions. But for this Mercury event we need to watch it for better evidence it is not just a mistaken effect of our probe technologies.

ZG

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

This is crazy, and possibly amazing.

The only problem i have is the guy doing the presentation is a freaking moron. Couldn't he actually plan ahead what he was going to do, and edit it? I would like to see someone who knew what they were doing showing me the video, because he made it a lot harder to follow that it needed to be.

To me this video is highly disturbing do the the fact that there are so many predictions about the up comming year being the end of this world and the beginning of another. That might be one way to describe something like: A. Aliens coming and slaughtering 99 percent of us, and then the few rebuild. B. Aliens showing up and want to be friends and introduce us to some Interstellar Alliance. C. Aliens showing up to pick us up and force us to do what they want. But the biggest possibility to me is that they are probably a deep space observation base, or ship that is monitoring us so that they will know what to expect in the future if we ever get off our butt and start exploring our back yard. It really makes sense, because i could see us in a 1,000 years from now finding some primative planet and not wanting to interfer (AKA the Star Trek rules) in their development, but also wanted to monitor and learn about them without upseting what ever laws we have in place.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Mercury IS the UFO if you catch my drift

Hermes told me so
edit on 8-12-2011 by MasterGemini because: fawks, its whats for dinner.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is a legitimate siting:

(gizmodo.com...)

The answer, according to Nathan Rich, lead ground system engineer at the United States Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC, is in the way the images are post-processed.

Talking to Life's Little Mysteries' Natalie Wolchover, Rich said that these are "artifacts in the background where the planet was on the previous day" which then show up as residual pixels in the processed image:

"The pixels which form the two parallel lines are where the circle from the planet and the bleeding pixels (cross-like features) overlap as it progresses across the field."

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
nevermind

edit on 8-12-2011 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

or even worse that they ignore us altogether and leave us to destroy the planet and ultimately ourselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The "Object" is confirmed by another camera HI-1B in opposite position at HI-1A!

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

edit on 9-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
LOL at CNN they claim they debunked it but there debunking fails short.

CNN Video

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
The "Object" is confirmed by another camera HI-1B in opposite position at HI-1A!

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

edit on 9-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

I was wondering why the object is on the right side of Mercury in both views

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by Oreyeon

The fact that they are trying to explain it away, makes me highly suspicious. If it's nothing, why go through the trouble? And if it's a regular occurrence, then why has no one seen it before? Something is up. Just a gut feeling.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Read the thread. But it happens all the time.

edit on 12/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

were all those artifacts lit up by a cme?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Because it isn't an object.

Because it's a "ghost" of where Mercury was the prior day.

Because from the point of view of STEREO A Mercury is moving from right to left so it appears to the right of Mercury.

Because from the point of view of STEREO B, which is on the opposite side of the Sun from STEREO A, Mercury is also moving from right to left so it appears to the right of Mercury.

It did it again on the 7th just like it has been doing since November 24th and it has nothing to do with a CME.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I meant were all the artifacts in the examples you provided caused by a cme? should happen all the time no? or why not?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
IMO case closed
watch the planet Mars at 1:35....1:45 (btw Mars is moving left to right on the screen)
www.youtube.com...

same stuff:
UFO near Mercury? Mars too!
www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-12-2011 by vulcanus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2011 by vulcanus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If so much effort is put in dis-info....something smells funny.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Because from the point of view of STEREO A Mercury is moving from right to left so it appears to the right of Mercury.

Because from the point of view of STEREO B, which is on the opposite side of the Sun from STEREO A, Mercury is also moving from right to left so it appears to the right of Mercury.

It did it again on the 7th just like it has been doing since November 24th and it has nothing to do with a CME.

Ok, I just noticed that the pictures in the thread I quoted from Phage shows this effect, so I retract my post! Sometimes I don't click on the external images. Anyways, I wonder why it hasn't been noticed by somebody before and a thread created about it on ATS...

Are we certain that those photos haven't been altered to include the anomaly Phage? I know that there are people that watch those cameras like a hawk, and I haven't seen or heard about this before.

If this is a ghost due to a processing error, one would think that it would be quite common, and the UFO section of ATS would fill up with "UFO next to planet X" threads. Yet, this is the first mention unless I haven't been keeping up enough. Skyrim is taking up some of my time

What are the odds that this processing error occurs at the exact time of a CME hitting it? Is that just a really big coincidence?
edit on 10-12-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
[
were all those artifacts lit up by a cme?

Dont worry, people may try, but it is quite
Futile to debunk this object.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Mmm, that's why on page 1 of this thread I showed the artifact BEFORE the CME even appears.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If it is a ship then it could be there to re-charge.

Other than that i have no idea.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

A ghost?
How do you explain the same "anomaly" from two different opposite cameras?
One "ghost2 is rare, maybe, but TWO "ghosts"

edit on 10-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join