It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing huge UFO next to Mercury decloaked by Sun Flare

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
if u look here:
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
U can see that the "anomaly" appears from day 2011/11/24 to present day (the day's 26, 27 and 12/03 show some crazy stuff) ( in the 29th only 11 hours avaible...why is that? hum!?)
to further notice

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

wow... we almost post at the same time!

Well im with you... it's the mosf plausible explanation, for sure...

thank's

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It looks like a supersized version of the "Starship Enterprse" equipped with a Gen I cloaking device. They really need to get the Gen IIs and IIIs (a la Klingon Empire) that wont show up under a CME.

edit on 5-12-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So even if you Have pics.
No one will belive you.
Becouse you have trained debunkers
to destroy any and all evidence.

Dont be fooled, dont be a sheep.
I wont to belive. So should you.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ninepointfive

I'm sorry. When I view the highest resolution (1024x1024) images I don't see what you describe.

I see an area brighten. I don't see any splashes. Not in the sequence from December 1st or in the other sequences from November 27 through December 2. And I fully expect to see the same thing (first becoming visible at about 16:09 and abruptly stopping at 23:29) in the sequence from December 3 when it become available.
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...
edit on 12/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the response. I see in your pictures posted below, that perhaps this is what you are talking about. Still seems fishy. Still looks like the cloud blows around, or splashes around this object.

How does this subtraction or object just appear as it's being interfered with by the cme? Apparently, the cme didn't really even hit it as depicted by your picture on another page? How does the image processing not include the subtraction or object until the cme starts to interfere?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ninepointfive

The brightening area is not an object, it isn't interfered with by anything.

In order to make details of the CME visible various processing techniques are applied to the raw image (seen below). One of the most important things is the creation of a "mask" to remove the glare produced by sunlight. The mask is created by using all of the images from the day before (to get average light levels) and combining them as a "negative" (subtraction). That negative is overlaid on each current image. The result is that there is a "ghost" of the bright area from the previous day seen in the current day's images. The "UFO" is actually a ghost of the image of Mercury where it was on the 30th. Mr. Rich has posted a detailed explanation along with images of the masks used here:
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

Each mask is created with the data from the previous day. When it is completed it is applied to the current images. This is why the "UFO" vanishes in the first image of the day, the mask is still a good match for the current image. But, as the day goes on, the mask becomes less and less appropriate so the "UFO" becomes brighter and brighter. You'll notice that the CME does the same thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Vandalour

All these star and flags?

I know the headline of the title came from the video that is focus of the OP, but let's examine this statement logically:

Amazing huge UFO next to Mercury decloaked by Sun Flare

So.....the logic. Firstly, let's go out on a limb and postulate that some advanced technological species has a very large craft of some sort, in the vicinity of Mercury. And that this craft has some manner of (a'la Star Trek) "cloaking device".
Given that this "alien ship" is rather near to the Sun, it would logically require some sort of method of protecting it from the heat. Whether by the nature of the materials it is built from, or some other technical means.

But, with all of this "technology", these space-faring creatures are suddenly "unmasked" by a mere CME, or other minor eruption from the star they are orbiting? Not even that close to the star, either really.....Mercury is gonna be hot, no question about it...and anything there too will receive a lot of thermal energy. But, no where near the amounts if one were even closer to the Sun.

So, these "aliens" are so inept as to be accidentally "spotted" by the puny Humans who roam around on scientific websites that contain topics they haven't a clue to understand, so they post it on YouTube as "proof"?

Does that about sum it up?

That sums it up nicely for me.

Except maybe the space faring aliens actually wanted to be spotted. That they did it on purpose. They like reading the ATS forums, yanno?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Oh my.
It seems to have happened again. 24 hours later.

It is not a UFO. It is not a magnetic tornado. It is not an aurora. It is not an object. It does not appear in the raw images. It is an imaging processing artifact.

edit on 12/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Or, the mothership is having a bear of a time with it's transwarp engine, and they have to take their cloaking device offline in order to make repairs.

Or, it IS an image processing artifact.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right on schedule. And right where Mercury was the day before.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So how do you explain the mothership having to take it's transwarp drive offline every 24 hours to repair it's cloaking device?

It's an image artifact?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
awesome footage OP! S F for you bro. that is awesaome, i cant put any explanation to it, other than as you said before, that it is some sorta cloaked UFO. STRANGE!!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If Any 'Aliens' needed raw iron ore, Mercury is the best place to get it... it has the largest iron core of any of our terrestrial planets.... At first, I was thinking since the iron core was so large, that the magnetic field was interacting with the plasma--but it seemed really far away...

What Phage said is probably correct though.. fits.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If it is taken seriously by astronomers world wide then i will believe it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Great post OP, thanks for sharing. As it appears to be so huge it only has us wondering......what the heck?!?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Looks like a solar flare to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's a giant teapot...

... and all of our fears have been confirmed. It wasn't between Earth and Mars after all... it is time to bow down and pay tribute to the giant teapot in the sky... the age of Tea-Time is upon us!

Thanks for your time in providing the great information Phage!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I have not finished the thread yet so forgive me if somone else had this thought. does anybody see the similarity with ancienct Summerian depictions of "space craft"

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
On topic link ; www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Awwe Man, you beat me too it. Pretty cool stuff. I'm not too heavy into UFO's but have always been on the fence. This video may have helped push me onto the believer side. Thank you for posting.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join