It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Universal Nature of Truth???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This will be my first post here IN ATS, TY!

I am excited to be here, and happy to ask you your views on the Universal Nature of Truth.
I had to write a paper on it in College, and would JUST LOVE to hear some of your views on the subject

I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of your world. JUST thrilled. Please Give me your thoughts!

I am not going to post my thoughts at the moment, I want to hear what YOU have to say and what you come up with. I know its an interesting request. I want you to really think about it. I have ever since i have been given this assignment and now that was about 6 years ago.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The universal nature of truth you ask?

The universal nature of truth is that it is shamed, ridiculed, beaten, and mercilessly put to death. Only after being reborn through such a trial does one come to accept something as truth.

Our conscience would have it no other way.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

Love
edit on 3-12-2011 by Vandalour because: simplifying my answer

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What exists when there is no consciousness present to witness it. When it (an absolute) is observed, it is the interpretations and changes caused by that observers sensory and computational devices that only modifies the consciousness of that Truth, but cannot affect the composition of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

truth hate universe in all terms, since it is the only subjective possible sense of truth, hate objectively justified when universe is lie object base

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
very nice, im suprised such an amount of answers so far, wow
and all very thought out very good. I thank everyone for posting so far and still wonder, are we looking far enough. i think a few of you are close to my own conclusions and feelings.

such is the universal nature of truth,
it is based on perception, for a truth from a liar is not a truth at all,
truth is only as good as a fact it is based off of,
in the reality of facts and theory that every fact may someday be dis-proven
can there really be an ultimate truth??
does truth really exist,
I dont believe tangibly there is a truth we can prove based on this, If i am wrong please tell me.
from my viewpoint truth is the path we seek, the path everyone is looking for
to find truth would be to find the meaning of life. which is a whole different matter
only until we have gone into our subconsious, became one with ourselves and recieved total enlightenment can one know anything about truth.

just my theories...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
What exists when there is no consciousness present to witness it. When it (an absolute) is observed, it is the interpretations and changes caused by that observers sensory and computational devices that only modifies the consciousness of that Truth, but cannot affect the composition of it.

I love this description. Absolutely amazing. ty for your input !

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
The universal nature of truth you ask?

The universal nature of truth is that it is shamed, ridiculed, beaten, and mercilessly put to death. Only after being reborn through such a trial does one come to accept something as truth.

Our conscience would have it no other way.

With Love,

Your Brother

Absolutely, unfortunately today there is no truth but the truth which is held within ourselves
thank you so much for your wonderful answer.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The only real truths to us as people are the natural turth's,information used to exist/coexist/survive with mother nature.

Everything else is a perception in peoples mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mazedays
The only real truths to us as people are the natural turth's,information used to exist/coexist/survive with mother nature.

Everything else is a perception in peoples mind.

awesome answer im glad i asked for other opinions they are sure helping me ty!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3
unfortunately today there is no truth but the truth which is held within ourselves

if today is ur day mayb u r right that there is no but u present there

but day is only by truth existing real, so nothing within urself

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Whats the point in this... Can any objective answer be given? If it could be given, or if every opinion is equally valid, then you would have to vanquish all trace of emotionalism from your mind. Forget what you want to believe, and look.

It's impossible to truly know 'the universal nature of truth', since that would first require knowing God. Since none of us are God, none of us can know with complete certainty the 'nature of truth'

I personally believe in a creator of the universe. I think the very milieu in which we experience ourselves, this world of space, implies something about the nature of reality. Dualism. There's myself, and there's the "other". There's "me", and there's "God". I move and live within God - the other. And God/The Other, by his creation of this realm - physicality - has enabled the concept of relationship to exist, between Himself (or what He reveals of Himself to man, who is always forced to rely on abstractions and attributes when speaking of God) and man, who is paradoxically, existing only by virtue of Gods will that he exist as a separate being.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

what u can kill is not what u can make it living

u think of duality indeed but where that could be real of u it confirms u being out totally of any objective perspective possibly realized

for any honest mind, the strength of satanism is known being from destructive will powers on truth

when truth is beyond absolute then any intention of destruction can b reached as used to point all objective being lie

it is too known how any retarded can easily kill and destroy best achievements in one second, that has nothing to do with the least of ability to support smthg existence

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Whats the point in this... Can any objective answer be given? If it could be given, or if every opinion is equally valid, then you would have to vanquish all trace of emotionalism from your mind. Forget what you want to believe, and look.

It's impossible to truly know 'the universal nature of truth', since that would first require knowing God. Since none of us are God, none of us can know with complete certainty the 'nature of truth'

I personally believe in a creator of the universe. I think the very milieu in which we experience ourselves, this world of space, implies something about the nature of reality. Dualism. There's myself, and there's the "other". There's "me", and there's "God". I move and live within God - the other. And God/The Other, by his creation of this realm - physicality - has enabled the concept of relationship to exist, between Himself (or what He reveals of Himself to man, who is always forced to rely on abstractions and attributes when speaking of God) and man, who is paradoxically, existing only by virtue of Gods will that he exist as a separate being.

and the Truth shall set you free, i have now the information i was seeking. thank you
for it really is impossible to know the universal nature of truth without a doubt .

the only point im trying to come to is that i am not the only one who feels this way. the point was to come to the conclusion that this post really was unable to be answered with any true answer. I appreciate your opinion and view, but i have come to my conclusion that i am on the right path. and i thank you all
Please forgive me if you feel my post to be without a point. or a waste of your time. it was not intended to be so. ty again.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If truth can be said to be anything, it is paradoxical, and if the Human mind wants to find respite it anything, it has to be in paradox.

For instance, God is both in complete control, and therefore, determines everything that happens, but we also have complete free will. This is an ancient issue of theology. How can Determinism and Free Will co-exist? Well, they do. From our perspective, we don't know, so therefore, it is relevant.

So while i agree that we can't ever know for sure, I'm not advocating nihilism, or cynicism, because I think if anything, those paths are to be the most avoided because of their sheer nullification of the signs all around us.

Also, to get a fuller view, study the various religions(and their esoteric dimensions): Judaism-Kabbalah, Islam-Sufism, Christianity-Gnosticism, Hinduism-Vedanta, Buddhism, Zen, etc...There's a lot of interesting ideas out there, and it's worth looking.

While man can't know God, on his own, God can and does make himself known to man. This poses an issue for many religious because there appears to be more then one revelation, and thus a 'relativism' of a sorts, where one universal truth applies to one group of people, which is like an atomized version of the whole, while another will have a totally different revelation. The only way to resolve such a contradiction is to accept the paradoxical essence that is God. He can make two things live together. And so can we, by being tolerant.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

If truth can be said to be anything, it is paradoxical, and if the Human mind wants to find respite it anything, it has to be in paradox.

For instance, God is both in complete control, and therefore, determines everything that happens, but we also have complete free will. This is an ancient issue of theology. How can Determinism and Free Will co-exist? Well, they do. From our perspective, we don't know, so therefore, it is relevant.

So while i agree that we can't ever know for sure, I'm not advocating nihilism, or cynicism, because I think if anything, those paths are to be the most avoided because of their sheer nullification of the signs all around us.

Also, to get a fuller view, study the various religions(and their esoteric dimensions): Judaism-Kabbalah, Islam-Sufism, Christianity-Gnosticism, Hinduism-Vedanta, Buddhism, Zen, etc...There's a lot of interesting ideas out there, and it's worth looking.

While man can't know God, on his own, God can and does make himself known to man. This poses an issue for many religious because there appears to be more then one revelation, and thus a 'relativism' of a sorts, where one universal truth applies to one group of people, which is like an atomized version of the whole, while another will have a totally different revelation. The only way to resolve such a contradiction is to accept the paradoxical essence that is God. He can make two things live together. And so can we, by being tolerant.

and this is exactly where i have been heading to seek my answers, many religions do rely very similar outlook, and principal by being open minded i have learned a lot about truth religion politics science, Everything. The Revelations can be found in so many places and im not talking about the biblical chapter. It may be an issue for religions but not for those seeking true enlightenment. For the path they seek will be filled with the knoweldge of all things past and present, leaving no stone unturned as i see it. And accpting the paradox is certainly one of the first steps, i agree. ty
im suprised that this has taken yet another turn towards my own search for enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Truth ? universal? nature?

as one poster said LOVE, as another poster said truth is in nature...

I feel these are both great answeres although short so i will elaborate...

Truth can not and is not defined by man truth is life love and the pursuit thereof!

we seek truth but do we actually live it? most sadly do not.

the universal truth is not something you can find it just is and when you live your life this way you become a sort of truth, its in our souls in our actions good and bad.

the only universal truth is death and consequently LIFE...
edit on 12/3/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
there most certainly is an absolute truth. but it is not a noun. it is a verb.

and so, one must ask: what type of action or activity does "truth" describe?

the answer will always come in the form of the construction of relational systems. the truth thus marries seemingly disparate pieces of information into abstract "wholes", and in so doing, amplifies itself. ("itself", meaning "self referential" or "recursive" feedback/feedforward.)

real pieces into virtual wholes = truth.

what is really wonderful is that if you map this onto existing physics models, you will find that the truth is the omega-point (telepathy) at the "end of time" propagating backwards in linear time from the future. the opposite of entropy, or in other words, reverse causality.

edit on 3-12-2011 by tgidkp because: duh

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
Truth ? universal? nature?

as one poster said LOVE, as another poster said truth is in nature...

I feel these are both great answeres although short so i will elaborate...

Truth can not and is not defined by man truth is life love and the pursuit thereof!

we seek truth but do we actually live it? most sadly do not.

the universal truth is not something you can find it just is and when you live your life this way you become a sort of truth, its in our souls in our actions good and bad.

the only universal truth is death and consequently LIFE...
edit on 12/3/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

so reversing perspective we establish yes life and death universally become two inevitable truths yes very intelligent!

ok so by the same logic we conclude another thought

Originally posted by tgidkp
there most certainly is an absolute truth. but it is not a noun. it is a verb.

and so, one must ask: what type of action or activity does "truth" describe?

the answer will always come in the form of the construction of relational systems. the truth thus marries seemingly disparate pieces of information into abstract "wholes", and in so doing, amplifies itself. ("itself", meaning "self referential" or "recursive" feedback/feedforward.)

real pieces into virtual wholes = truth.

what is really wonderful is that if you map this onto existing physics models, you will find that the truth is the omega-point (telepathy) at the "end of time" propagating backwards in linear time from the future. the opposite of entropy, or in other words, reverse causality.

edit on 3-12-2011 by tgidkp because: duh

yes i believe this is correct as well, i have been brought from the belief that there is not a single truth, to realization that life, and death and reverse casualty are all Truth, With this, being said. Would not our souls be Truth after reaching our enlightened states. oh you already pretty much covered that in the omega point there. well i dono your logic seems very right to me. ty both for sharing

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What do you mean by the term 'universal truth'? Is it a belief that is universally held? Is it a belief in which we have 100% confidence? Do you mean objective reality itself? We can not make statements about objective reality itself, we can only make statements about our beliefs. This is because we can only have subjective perception of reality, "objective perception" is a non sequitur.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join