It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, America's unemployment rate is not 8.6 percent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Life would be completely different at a 20% unemployment rate.

Um .. no. It would be exactly like it is now. What you see is a 20% unemployment rate that the 'transparent' Obama administration is passing off as 8.6%. That's just the truth of the matter.

OF INTEREST ... last nights news said that 53% of college grads can not find employment. They aren't 'unemployed' as far as the Obama administration is concerned ... their numbers don't count in the 'unemployment' figures (according to the talking heads)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by Manhater
I'm employed. Still feels like I'm unemployed though.

Wow, 2 days a week with 3 hours almost, yeah, that can't make an electric payment.

Really??

Didn't think, I was that much of a horrible employee to get those crappy hours a week.

But, whatever, a job is a job. Right?

Take whatever comes right now, it's experience.

Even though, I don't work for the experience.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

your situation is the same for most americans and it shows exactly where this country is headed, we need only look at the past and what we learned growing up about our career choice.

I was taught to make a career doing what I love... now you choose a career that chooses you, and not for the love of the job but to get paid, to pay your debts... this past deception and current outcome seems almost planned I only hope we can wake up to it and change the direction our Gov. is taking us.

i remember reading many of the old native prophecies and hearing stories from the elders, (i'm part native) and i always thought the great awakening was going to be spiritual in nature mostly. what i never thought was part of it, the beginning i suppose, was going to be awakening to the truth of how badly we are being screwed by these people.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I have been doing a little reading on this subject. First, The administration is not using the standard method of counting the unemployment rate. Thus, they are not using the formula of Labor statics as all other reporting has been in the past, It has been changed to reflect the administrations goals . Then again the department Labor has never really gave the U.S people a true picture of the economy now or in the past. The only thing the Department of Labor has ever proved is that they are always manipulated.

No one is buying this BS either. I looked at a number of Google searches for economic forms, DIY forms to craigslist posts. Finding that most people in the U.S.A. are saying , LIE ! with a capital (L)

The New York Times is not even buying this, having put is mildly sort of speak.

There are only two possible explanations for this bizarre combination of a falling employment rate and a falling unemployment rate. The first is that there has been a big increase in the number of people not working purely by their own choice. You can think of them as the self-unemployed. They include retirees, as well as stay-at-home parents, people caring for aging parents and others doing unpaid work.

The second possible explanation -- a jump in the number of people who aren't working, who aren't actively looking but who would, in fact, like to find a good job -- is less comforting. It also appears to be the more accurate explanation.

The NY times just gave the American people a partial look at how the new dept, labor statistics on the jobless rate is being calculated. There just not stating it though for oblivious reasons or other. So, the NY-Times decided to drop this big hint instead.

NY Times Article

Almost forgot , Yeah this is to get him elected again, but not one person is buying it.

edit on 5-12-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Actually your statement is almost correct.

From the NY times.

The second possible explanation -- a jump in the number of people who aren't working, who aren't actively looking but who would, in fact, like to find a good job -- is less comforting. It also appears to be the more accurate explanation.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Shadowstats.com

For the real unemployment rate go to shadowstats.com John Williams uses the formula the government abandoned in the mid80s? Anyway ... he has some great info on his site for the governments shadow statistics they try to hide.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

no that is the number receiving unemployment benefits, once you lose them, your no longer counted. Unless you receive EBT "food stamps and are in a seek work program that only last for 3 months, if not your not counted, nor are self employed that are out of work , spp's Sole proprietor, or part timers add all this up it is more like 15 to 18 % unemployed.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Can I ask, do you know why they do not count? Good lord, if thats the case, I wonder how many of those 53% are deeling with looming debt repayment.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

No, America's unemployment rate is not 8.6 percent

rt.com

November’s figure, 8.6 percent, is actually the proportion of Americans unemployed, “as a percent of the civilian labor force,” as per the official definition from the Labor Department (a figure it refers to as “U-3,” the official unemployment rate). When considering those that fit that definition as well as discouraged workers (U-4), those marginally attached to the work labor force (U-5) and those that are employed part-time and seeking full-time employment but can’t find it, the Labor Department has another statistic, which it refers to as U-6; for the month of November, that fi
(visit the link for the full news article)

According to government statistics, if the same number of people were seeking work today as in
2007, the unemployment rate would be 11%.

That's the dirty little secret President Obama does not want you to know.

Millions of Americans have just given up and stopped looking for work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join