It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask.com Illuminati Ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
First off, I don't really think the illuminati still exists, I am not posting this as "proof" of the illuminati.

I just saw this ad and had to share it with ATS.

Although this does not prove the illuminati is real, this does prove how mainstream conspiracy theories have become, which in of itself is interesting.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So what did it say when you clicked on it? I would love to know the definitive answer!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

if ask.com could answere this question there would be no need for ATS...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I suggest that this may have been a group sponsoring the ad in order to see how much trouble they are in.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweepster
So what did it say when you clicked on it? I would love to know the definitive answer!

The ad actually just took me to plain ole' ask.com

But if you search that on ask, it shows you www.ask.com...

"There was a historical group called the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded in 1776."

Is the answer they give, then below that it says

"There are other groups, both real and fictitious, that have been called the Illuminati, and these groups are often referred to collectively as a conspiritorial organization."

And btw "conspiritorial" is actually spelled, conspiratorial, so Ask is slackin on their answers apparently.

Anyway, then it has results with speculation. Unfortunately, it looks like Ask.com doesn't have all the answers

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
reply to post by CREAM

I suggest that this may have been a group sponsoring the ad in order to see how much trouble they are in.

I think they just are just trying to get traffic for common search topics and that ad was made to target conspiracy theorists. Ask.com is just trying to get people to use their website. They can display ads based on your browsing history etc, so I think that ad is not necessarily one displayed to the general public.

BTW, I got this ad next to a youtube video about Zionism.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I agree that they are posting ads for common traffic; however, someone had to submit the ad would you not agree?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You're all so mainstream cool now it's no longer cool to be a tinfoil hatter. Find another interest perhaps? Any suggestions?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well I don't know about Illuminati not existing anymore, but what I do know is that, someone is making subliminal messages. Not to mention how some hip hop artists make that Illuminati hand sign, I forget the name, but there is one big artist that actually did it, and then the whole crowd did it, they do that to show that the sign is ok, and if the sign is ok, then Illuminati MUST be ok. Point being, it seems to me that Illuminati seems to exist. Not that they will survive any longer since theres the internet, all information at your fingertips, Illuminati can't stay a secret anymore, since they can't be stealthy anymore and work closer to achieving their goal for the NWO. Then they are done.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Do you believe in the illuminati

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PickinBrains

Not really.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone is still focused on this one, but I have noticed that ads on quite a few of the website I visit seem specifically tailored towards me (topics searched for, pages visited, even concerts I've run). I would imagine that at one point in time you had already done a search for the Illuminati, so they ad was created to pique your interest.

top topics

join