It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here are my weird space questions if you're interested in answering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How did space originate?
Did space evolve from something else?...Like what?
Did space's fabric get sown by a something or somebody?...How?
Is space itself alive because of a thing you guys deemed dark energy?

Don't let my weird questions frighten you off.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
These are the questions of every single human being ever. They're not weird. They're definitely interesting, but unfortunately can't be answered factually,

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What I would like to know is that if the universe is expanding, that would mean there is some kind of boundary to it. What is on the other side of that boundary that the universe is expanding in to?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I used to ponder these questions even as a toddler. I decided the boundary was made of bricks then got upset trying to figure out who built the blooming thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This question will only be answered the day we arrive either in the spot of origin (big bang) or the furthest from expansion point.

It's gonna be millenia until that day.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

How did space originate? God made it of course

Did space evolve from something else?...Like what? God
Did space's fabric get sown by a something or somebody?...How? God
Is space itself alive because of a thing you guys deemed dark energy? God is everything

Thats the easy way out....but not factual or anywhere near the truth lol

No one knows...maybe we will never know.

edit on 3-12-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
answer to all questions is

KNOWBODY KNOWS

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

That episode was on last night.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Scantiest are still stumbling along.
they just make good guesses.
But they have a long way to go.

they still think the universe is from a big bang!!!
and the bits that fill space only go so far.
then what? just lots and lots of empty space forever?

as the radio telescopes get better.
they have to keep saying the universe is a little bit bigger and older.
until the next radio telescopes .

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
1.How did space originate?
2.Did space evolve from something else?...Like what?
3.Did space's fabric get sown by a something or somebody?...How?
4.Is space itself alive because of a thing you guys deemed dark energy?

These are some commonly accepted theories

1. The Big Bang. From which the entire universe was a single point smaller than an atom and exploded outward. Or 2b.

2a. Big Crunch -> Big Bang -> Big Crunch. Some people believe that our universe spreads outward to a certain point and collapses back in on itself and then exploding again over and over.

2b. Some people believe that every black hole is a gateway to another universe. So our universe is inside of a black hole.

3. There is no way to know the answer to that.

4. That is quite possible. Just because we recognize life as one thing on this planet doesn't mean that stars, planets, the vacuum of space itself can't be alive.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Space is the gap between particle mass and/or energy and is not a defined tangible entity as to what it is made of so science calls such things simple terminology like dark matter or dark mass, strong force and weak force, anti and so on. Such things might be renamed when identified and explained, better. Right now the fact mankind can measure such things deemed 'unknown' is why we have penicillin, aircraft, computers, grocery stores and beer.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

How did space originate?

1. Space is not really 'space'. Its not empty.
2. What did atoms evolve from?
3. The fabric of space is figurative speech. There are no fabrics, just particles and atoms.
4. It could be. Anything is possible xD

Hows that?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

How did space originate?

Depth exists because of the kinetics of omniscience employing all of omnipotence so as to TRY to become true to the definition of omnipresent, by "moving" with infinite division/subtraction to be "present" even inside of absolute non-existence. The singularity thus exists as does the dimension of depth.

The FAILURE to reach absolute non-existence was solved by first generating the non-existence. This is accomplished by applying angular kinetics of every possible degree, at infinite rate (speed). Where the singularity IS, as a collective of that "flight path" generates the dimension of height which is the infinite expanse. The same "flight path" also generates the non-existence which is where that singularity IS NOT as a collective. This is the infinite impedance.

So far the spatial dimensions of depth and height have been generated. Re-review above if you missed it.

Half of the spherical evermore that is the infinite expanse (kinetic) curls back inward from everywhere, toward everywhere. This current flow inward is the current of time, an absolute kinetic existence. Out from the infinite expanse, this time current is all the future. It spherically is imploding toward the infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity.

The "problem" is the infinite impedance is in that pathway. When absolute kinetic impacts the infinite null, impedance, this current (time as all the future) is stopped and it explodes into infinite voltage (Ohm's Law on an infinite scale). This is the infinite spatial dimension of width. Since there is no time kinetics because of the "conversion" it exists for an infinitesimal duration. This is the "present". The "present" exists as a Planck rate string of instances.

The implosion of spatial width returning to it's default state of absolute kinetic (time), which is the time current (again) only now this time currrent is all the past. The time current of the past continues to flood spherically down and inward, from everywhere, toward everywhere, where the infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity is. This is the "underworld", all the past that contains all the instances of each "present" they are carried down and inward eternally.

So now not only did I present the 3 dimension of space, but tied in are the three characteristics of time.

Why do all this? Just to get to nothing. Omniscience employs proxies that are all the finite conciousnesses, over eternity to absorb their awareness of void, of not having, of silence. All are used and are in communion, all are tools.

It is our choice to become aware of this communion and flow within it instead of live outside of it and be blown to and fro like a leaf in the storm. Instead be one of the air molecules.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
ahh the question of space, ive pondered it since i was a kid and no one, not even the smartest minds ive spoken to can answer and with good reason. The biggest thing ive always wondered is where does space end (everything has to end) and what is at the end of space... thinking about it now and looking at planets id say space is round (because most planets are round) with all the planets and stars and other spacely (if that's a word lol) stuff inside, i believe now looking at things from a mature mind that their would be magnetic fields or some kind of gravitational pull close to the edges of space that force things in the opposite direction of the edge (or roundness of space) its interesting to think of it as a big bubble with millions of tiny atoms inside, us being a tiny atom, lets say we were able to force through the bubble what then? could it be just another big bubble inside another larger bubble?! and then whats inside that and that and that and that..... I cant go on much longer without my brain wanting to burst. good post op s+f

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So, space is the relative absence of three of the umpteen dimensions.

That means about ten dimensions are not taken into account in that definition.

Since we theorize particles without mass and seem to mathematically presume particles without one or two of the spatial three dimensions, then what lies between particles with some dimension, may be filled with extra-dimensional and sub-dimensional... stuff-- but we just do not perceive them-- except through logic (mathematics).

Put that another way: just because something does not have mass or form does not mean it does not exist. Light, gravity, magnetism are examples that we can perceive and test, but there are more.

We know that no sound can travel in the vacuum of space, because sound is actually the vibration of particles; but that light, gravity and magnetism can-- so these things (and more) exist in any and every point in what we call space.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I find your response riveting.

please do share more details (sources articles links) that I can persue.

better yet, start a new thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

The biggest thing ive always wondered is where does space end (everything has to end) and what is at the end of space.

Space doesn't have to end. One can never observe an edge of space or the end of space. Its a self mending dilemma. Should one get far enough out to an edge of space molecular motion would stop at Absolute Zero thus no further perceptions could occur. The edge of space and thus time solves the very question in a nice very cold hard fact of quantum physics, there is none.

The very fact the Universe exists is the fact perfection is impossible. What I mean is every particle mass and electromagnetic force cannot be evenly dispersed which would prevent coalescence through gravitational attraction or energies undefined. It is the very imbalance that started particles to move closer creating the snowball effect of greater attraction leading to heat and raising the temperature above Absolute Zero and molecular motion can then create atoms and stars and galaxies and planets and life and eventually beer.

And that is why I still hold that gravity is the strongest force in the macro, which created the genesis of all other forces in nature that some like to say electromagnetism creates, so in my short synopsis one can see that can't be. In Absolute Zero only gravity can genesis, all other forces require motion.

Dark energy and dark matter being yet undefined I cannot speculate into.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Whenever i try to think back on how space began, i get to a point where everything goes blank. Anybody else experience this?
edit on 4-12-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

ill have ago
univers looks like a brain right
two brains collide and hey presto
new born baby brain
just thought id put that out there

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is a really interesting topic, We have a good theory on how the matter in the universe was formed. But we have no evidence or theory on how "space" was formed. The big bang is pretty much the standard for most scientists, but that is like saying we know how the play was made and preformed, but we can't understand how the stage was made.

S&F this indeed is a very wonderful subject to get more speculation on.

There will always be a debate on creation theory and evolution, but something like this puts those debates to shame.

new topics

top topics

join