It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Our Political system needs an Enema...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Great animations Slayer and a pretty funny post.

But something did occur to me, after reading the posts, almost every single person who posted here has a right wing perspective - I just wanted to point out that this group so far isn't as representative of ATS's as much as it is disgruntled conservatives.

The disgruntled liberals are all plotting to revive OWS, so they're too busy for this thread at the moment.

The main thing to realize is THEY are disgruntled, too...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks, Slayer. Obligatory bumps as always, but you've outdone yourself.
I work the afternoon shift in a big greasy, and do big iron pizzas like men
half my age. Saturdays are artificial Fridays for the dregs like me.
The machine I (WAS) working on went kaput two hours early: and your thread
lifted my spirits to the point I didn't even care about the lost overtime...
I need it bad just to try and recover over here in Illnoise, TS.
This is great stuff!

On reflecting briefly on how old and broken our whole republic is, this is a
good anchor point..but like Tom said to the rallying point question,
"ANYWHERE but HERE!" Is this indeed a call to fingers again, or to
get up and go to the window Finch style at 2350 ?!

Three hours of sleep and I'm still almost awake-- my thanks again. My
humble suggestion to everyone here is to shovel as many people into the
site as possible who would listen, and gradually saturate them with truth
instead of our choir practice-- which has been proven before to make the
'outsiders' look around for nets and blowguns to subdue us for some reason.

My personal experience is that a newbie also afflicted with JaundiceEye
can be easily put off with the veritable Smorgasbrain around here, and I
can't blame them... what are your thoughts (ANYONE and EVERYONE)
to get them politically involved enough to bust through into the truth??

Personally I had to lurk around here for almost a whole year before joining
up, and the place STILL overwhelms me after .. how long have I been here???
Must be the new roll-on: they should just take the Periodic Table abbreviation
for the main ingredient and call the super improved stuff Al-Slimer's for short.
Bitchin'... if you can't remember the last time you used some it's too late.

I hope only this awakening of the offlines will make them peek inside the
rabbit hole... but I can't hold my breath that well anymore at my age. We
are the synapses of the 99 percent, but without our advanced tripe-like
otherworldly cranium creampuffs out there working it also on the street,
they win.

That's it, I'm taking a swig of deodorant and getting my dry sense of humor
to bed until the next church antisocial-- and divert the talk to the Department
of Justice presently co-opted by the godless hordes. That'll have some traction.....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
But you'll still join the crowd and vote right?

(if you can see where I'm leading)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Ok, that officially made my day!

I'm in!

let's see who else is in...

We've got the Left...

And even the Right...

We've even got Busey Kane aboard!

Just Remember...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

This ^ about sums it up. Lol @ the gifs in the thread.

Hopefully by now it is a larger percentage of the country that is feeling this way.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The real problem with our governments are the big money companies and lobbyists making deals with our officials for corrupt influencial gains. The companies and banks own the government and therefore the Country. China owns more of the US than we do. Go turn over a product at Wal Mart and tell me who made it? As long as corrupt big businesses own the governments, we are screwed. The only way I know how to fix the problem is to play the same game they are. We're creating a large global company owned and operated by the people in a thread here on ATS. All are welcome to become part owner of this company. Check it out if you're interested: Lets take it back...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Count me in Slayer!!!
The ATS party.Why vote for the lesser of 2 evils?
Now,we know the real reason for Herman Cain dropping out he did not wanna mess with the ATS!

PS:Or did King Zorgon scar him off! hey,any political party that provides Dancing Girls is for me!!

edit on 023131p://3726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I made that video for another thread but it seemed fitting since we are now going to possibly start our own ATS movement.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Next time I gets the cute one

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Definitely in on this. Neither side is correct, nobody knows how to put forth a respectful and scholarly debate, and it is all repetitive rhetoric.(And by rhetoric I mean, specifically, speech or discourse with pretense of significance but which lacks true meaning.)

Why is it so hard for people to think for themselves?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

very cool, thanks for putting up the post!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I got some people that are willing to throw their hands in the air including myself

Naughty By Nature
edit on 4-12-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Mike check, mike check, I propose.... We need some monotonous chants. Something like, "we are the members of ATS, we are the members of ATS, we are the members of ATS, we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS.

You know something catchy that really gets our message to the the masses and the media.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Funny pictures
keep them coming

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
You have an elite sense of humour or a history of acid-use OP. I haven't quite decided.

Starred. I'd like to say flagged but I haven't figured out how to flag yet

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Mike check, mike check, I propose.... We need some monotonous chants. Something like, "we are the members of ATS, we are the members of ATS, we are the members of ATS, we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS,we are the members of ATS.

You know something catchy that really gets our message to the the masses and the media.

The only problem I can see with ATS taking the world of politics by storm is that many of us would become TPTB - Resulting in head implosions across the board

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by sonnny1

That says it for me, as well. I'm disgusted with the whole political process at this point. I guess, as they say, I'm awake now.

I've always been such an optimist...now I'm starting to realize that maybe my pessimistic husband has been right all along.

this will get moved .. I dont care... it's what is happening NOW and unfortunatley.. makes it too late for this country .
Today's youth in America becoming increasingly rude, disrespectful and self-righteous. Do you often times find yourself blaming the parents and what must be their obvious lack in teaching their children morals and giving them structure?
More and more children come across as entitled, spoiled and downright bratty. "Please" and "Thank you" have all but disappeared and doors are no longer held open but are left to slam in your face. Is this what we as a country have to look forward to for our future?
When we come across the youth who act these ways we can't help but look upon the young individual in disgust. Or perhaps we instead pity them and are disgusted with the parents or parent for not teaching them how to be respectful, polite and courteous.
In reality it is probably the parents fault their child is disrespectful or rude. Parents want to befriend their kids, not parent them. By not giving many rules to follow the child is usually raised with few morals and barely hears the word "No".
With virtually no discipline how can someone learn right from wrong or what is appropriate or inappropriate? They simply can't. Unless parents take the insinuative, kids will grow up being criminals, outcasts, and basically just someone that no one will want to be around. Our country could one day be overrun by ungrateful, uncouth adults. Scary!!
Does this problem affect every single young adult in America? Not yet, one can only hope there are still children out there who are being raised correctly. Unfortunately though it seems the impolite ones are becoming more and more prevalent. In the end it is a sad truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

OMG! Those pics are disturbing and surreal, but basically are in par with what is going on.

Interesting thread for sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by freethinker123
Great animations Slayer and a pretty funny post.

But something did occur to me, after reading the posts, almost every single person who posted here has a right wing perspective - I just wanted to point out that this group so far isn't as representative of ATS's as much as it is disgruntled conservatives.

The disgruntled liberals are all plotting to revive OWS, so they're too busy for this thread at the moment.

The main thing to realize is THEY are disgruntled, too...

Yah the really leftist left didn't join our party. They are going to miss our kumbaya.

edit on 4-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Next time I gets the cute one

I see you finally found your avatar.

As far as recruiting goes...

This is in the "Shot Story" forum and can be considered fiction

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join