It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battleground America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
First I would like to say that I am not standing against any religion or religious group or providing support to deligitimize Islam.I believe freedom of religion to practice ones beliefs is paramount to a successful and peaceful existence, but using a religion to further attacks against humanity is wrong..Be it whatever tool it is...

With the recent passing of the National Defense Authorization Bill and the information being gathered to validate the use of such, which I have highlighted in different threads and will post information relevant to the findings which I believe were involved to substantiate the passing of the Bill and it's use thereafter.

The landscape of America seems to be surely evolving into a militarized zone, where U.S. citizens engaged in threats against the U.S. by supplying support to radical Islamist groups, either on the homeland or abroad in countries mainly where a heavy presence of terrorist cells are already engaged in the Jihad.

The reason I am posting this is because of what I have found to be a possible scenario being taken against the Occupy movement and the infiltration of that movement by Anti-Israel and Muslim-American advocacy groups such as CAIR who recently spoke against the foes of al-Shabaab in a meeting held November 15, 2011 at it's Minnesota chapter.

CAIR Slams Muslim Foes of al-Shabaab

Source

The Council on American-Islamic Relations' (CAIR) campaign of discrediting critics reached a new low last week, when it called two Minneapolis activists "anti-Muslim" for their participation in a seminar which included a discussion about an Islamic terrorist group in Somalia.

Ther have already been multiple arrests of individuals who have been supplying support to the al-Shabaab, which is also an Al-Qaeda affiliate.

Occupy Boston Occupies Israeli Consulate

It has also been reported that the Boston camp marched into the lobby of that city's Israeli consulate for a sit-in. The group engaged in a series of anti-Israel chants including "Viva Palestina," and "Hey hey, ho ho, Israeli apartheid has got to go!"

These individuals may be seen as possible terrorists in which the definition is very loosely defined, along with other individuals who have been reported to be involved in suspicious activities.

Conspiracies, Terrorist Defense Videoed at Anti NYPD Rally

Source

Muslim Americans teamed up with Occupy Wall Street protesters to march toward the New York Police headquarters Nov. 18 in a demonstration against NYPD and CIA tactics and repression of Muslim American communities.

They defended convicted terrorists as victims of entrapment and abusive treatment, including one convicted of trying to kill American troops and FBI agents in Afghanistan.

My advice to people involved in the OWS demonstrations is to get out of it while you can, or you may be targeted as providing support to terrorist activities which can be applied however seen fit.

2012 is definitely heating up...

edit on 3-12-2011 by Daedal because: Added text

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I don’t care if they’re a member or OWS or the local Red Cross, anyone affiliated with terrorist organizations or actively facilitating them in any fashion on American soil should be detained.

I never understood why OWS was getting involved in the Palestinian cause anyway. Can you explain what that has to do with corruption on Wall Street or problems we face in America?

Nice OP by the way! S&F

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Daedal

I don’t care if they’re a member or OWS or the local Red Cross, anyone affiliated with terrorist organizations or actively facilitating them in any fashion on American soil should be detained.

I never understood why OWS was getting involved in the Palestinian cause anyway. Can you explain what that has to do with corruption on Wall Street or problems we face in America?

Nice OP by the way! S&F

I can tell you exactly how Palestine related to OWS. You had scores of very idealistic and largely naive protesters looking to right the whole world's set of wrongs...with no sense of proportion or wisdom to determine what is doable and what is totally impossible. It diluted the message to the consistency of watery soup.

St Louis recently had a support announcement on their site supporting public moves against and the picketing of Peabody Coal Company. I had to look that up to see what the hell that had to do with the price of tea in China. Well... Shocking ....It's a company with a labor dispute ongoing with one of the Unions giving support to Occupy STL.

One camp...one example...but a damned solid one about how a protest that stands for nothing in SPECIFIC DETAIL will be co-opted by power and money to stand for whatever those writing the checks want it to stand for. The protesters are too new to the vicious and brutal ways of the *REAL* world to even realize it's being done to them and the movement they love so much, IMHO.

Not that TTP was any better... they didn't even hold out as long before being bought.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you...The youth who are mainly involved in these protests are IMO being hijacked by the entities that serve to serve their self-interest.

Different organizations are using the momentum to further their own agendas whether they are in accordance with the actual proclamations of the original OWS demonstators or not,which is a very loose an un-organized outfit.

It seems apparent that the government is getting ready to utilize the NDAA to eliminate opponents who are contrary to their beliefs and to arrest possible detainees who are showing signs of supporting terrorist organizations worldwide,whether through monetary means or by passing relevant information about National Security issues to the Jihadist cells.

Also if we look to the East there is evidence of the same things happening in Egypt, Syria and what was Libya,although on a completely different scale.IMO what is happening throughout the M.E. and Africa in regards to the war being waged is moving West, to America.

The main target of the terrorist cells involved is the United States, and the preparations are being made by the government to suppress and detain anyone suspected of providing support or material to State designated terrorist organizations operating in the homeland.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Daedal because: added text

edit on 3-12-2011 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This is one of the reasons I say the OWS is a Black Op, to put a spin on things that really do matter to you or I.
If OWS really wanted to make a difference why do they not march on DC? In stead of Wall Street???.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I can agree with you. I have been thinking something martial law will come out of OWS, but I think it is deeper then just martial law, I think we need to pay attention to the middle east iran-Israel.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

great description of the youth of today star for you for being able to see and understand outside their Box.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

do you think government maybe set the stage for the reasoning of terrorist involvement with OWS?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Time for Domestic Anti-Radicalization Program

" The U.S. Central Command has a new rapid-response team which uses information, rather than weapons, to combat terrorism, the New York Times recently reported. "

Source

International efforts seem to be working, the story indicates. If that's the case, it is time to consider a third program aimed at undercutting domestic radicalization. But instead, authorities are ignoring a major threat that leads to terrorism right here in our backyard. They are not doing enough to sideline Islamist groups like the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) and others who propagate the false "war on Islam" narrative.

I'm not sure if people fully understand what the National Defense Authorization Bill will be used for..President Obama said he will veto parts of the bill which inhibits the Administration from collecting intelligence.

Source

The White House this month threatened to veto the legislation if it “challenges or constrains the president’s critical authorities to collect intelligence, incapacitate dangerous terrorists and protect the nation.” An official on Tuesday said that threat still stands

While Mr. Obama pledges to veto the bill, the real problem still exists..Homegrown domestic radicalization organizations which have support from the administration.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

For the last thirdy years congress sold, give weapon, to the same people killing our children, so who is going to arrest the congressmens if s.1867 gets sign, under sec. 1031,1032,1033,

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If signed it opens the door to go after mexican drug cartels, and anyone who collects money or give money to so called terrorist groups. the bill which is design to protect sex abuse victums in the military so please read it, the sections everyone is talking about 1031, 1032,1033 only, sex crimes in the military are going to be dealt with, so please read the right way, and do a post on it, no one want to talk about the sex crimes.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Va. Tech: Police officer shot near campus

Let's see if this will be a case for stricter gun control, and to further cementing the National Defense Authorization Bill...Will this be labeled as domestic terrorism, guess we'll find out soon...

" The shooting comes the same day as Virginia Tech is appealing a $55,000 fine by the Education Department in connection with the university's response to a 2007 rampage that left 33 people dead. "

Source

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Tech says a police officer has been shot and a possible second victim has been reported at a parking lot near the campus, where 32 students and faculty died in a 2007 rampage that was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Authorities are seeking a suspect. A campus-wide alert tells students and faculty to stay inside and lock doors.

A law enforcement official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case, said initial reports indicated that the shooting occurred following a traffic stop.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Terror From the Right

America has been a breeding ground from homegrown terrorists, not only from the Left, but also from the Right.Below is a list of plots concieved by radicals, predominately from right-wing ideology.

According to the SPLC, Southern Poverty Law Center, and other sources their have been some 95 terrorist plots against different individuals and goverment entities, stemming from the Oklahoma City bombings which happened on April 5, 1995.

I will try to find direct links to each individual attack, if I can...only ten will be posted with the rest visible at the link below, following the list.

July 28, 1995
Charles Ray Polk

October 9, 1995
Saboteurs derail Amtrak passenger train

November 9, 1995
Oklahoma constitutional militia

December 18, 1995
Joseph Martin Bailie

January 18, 1996
Peter Kevin Langan

April 11, 1996
Ray Hamblin

April 12, 1996
Larry Wayne Shoemake

April 26, 1996
Robert Edward Starr III

July 1, 1996
12 in Arizona militia unit arrested

July 27, 1996
Bomb explodes at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics

A complete list of attacks that were perpetrated and foiled....

Source

What follows is a detailed listing of major terrorist plots and racist rampages that have emerged from the American radical right in the years since Oklahoma City. These have included plans to bomb government buildings, banks, refineries, utilities, clinics, synagogues, mosques, memorials and bridges; to assassinate police officers, judges, politicians, civil rights figures and others; to rob banks, armored cars and other criminals; and to amass illegal machine guns, missiles, explosives and biological and chemical weapons. Each of these plots aimed to make changes in America through the use of political violence. Most contemplated the deaths of large numbers of people — in one case, as many as 30,000, or 10 times the number murdered on Sept. 11, 2001.

edit on 8-12-2011 by Daedal because: Added source

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
In an effort to curb funds to Somalia militant groups such as Al - Shabaab, Minnesota banks will no longer support money transfers via local businesses.

Minnesota hosts the Nations largest Somalis population, and subsequently is the home to CAIR. The CIA estimates that Somalia receives about $1.6 billion in remittances from Somalia around the world.”

Source / Alternative source

In an effort to cut off funds to Somali terrorists, banks in Minnesota will no longer support money transfers via local businesses called “hawalas”; Minnesota has the largest concentration of Somalis in the United States and officials fear that money sent from relatives living in the United States could be funding terrorist groups like al Shabaab

On 15 December, Franklin Bank, the last remaining bank to support hawalas, will discontinue its wire services to Somalia, which has Somalis in Minnesota panicking. Without hawalas Somalis worry that their families in their home country will have no way of supporting themselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As the money is being sucked out of everything and seized, soon the transparency will also hit the Southern border, which IMO will infuriate the Drug Cartels and it's partners.

Also as the US continues to exploit the terrorist organizations inside America, it will begin to cut funding to the radical organizations which have been operating on US soil..This in turn may possibly be the gateway for hostilities to begin penetrating from Mexico and quite possibly inside our own borders...as others have already reported.

Also Minnesota banks have taken action recently to curb money being sent to Somalia, and A l- Shabaab, by cutting off wire transfers to the war torn country.

U.S. Sues Alleged Hizballah Money Launderers

Source

U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Drug Enforcement Administration chief Michele Leonhart have announced a new civil money-laundering and forfeiture lawsuit in Manhattan federal court against the Lebanese Canadian Bank [LCB] and two exchange houses. The civil suit alleges that the Lebanese financial institutions helped Hizballah funnel hundreds of millions of dollar from drugs sales, primarily into used car schemes between America and West Africa. A judgment in the government's favor could lead to $483 million in penalties for the institutions and asset forfeitures in the United States.

Copy of complaint
edit on 16-12-2011 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
" The enemy freely says they're fighting us because of Islam, based on Islamic principles. But political correctness forbids the Obama Administration from noticing that, despite how helpful such notice might be for understanding the motives and goals of the enemy and devising an effective way to defeat him. And so watch the redundantly-titled Assistant Defense Secretary for Homeland Defense, Paul Stockton, dance and shuffle and obfuscate and dodge in order to avoid even admitting that "violent Islamist extremism," whatever that is, is at war with us. (As opposed to the nonviolent Islamic mainstream, doncha know, which is perfectly chummy with us, cf. Pakistan.) That would empower the enemy, you see, because we all know that Muslims routinely look to non-Muslims to validate their understanding of Islam. "

If this regime stays in power, the nation is finished. Please watch this video, send it to everyone you know. Dan Lungren questions Paul Stockton- Assistant Defense Secretary for Homeland Defense: The man is in a seniorlevel position of homeland defense, got that?

edit on 19-12-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join