It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate approves bill legalizes sodomy and bestiality in US military

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
** thats the title of the article ... not my title.

Senate approves bill legalizes sodomy and bestiality in US military

The Senate on Thursday evening voted 93-7 to approve a defense authorization bill that includes a provision which not only repeals the military law on sodomy, it also repeals the military ban on sex with animals--or bestiality.

On Nov. 15, the Senate Armed Services Committee had unanimously approved S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes a provision to repeal Article 125 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

Article 125 of the UCMJ makes it illegal to engage in both sodomy with humans and sex with animals.

Didn't see this discussed elsewhere.
If it's already up .. please disregard.

So is this for real?? I understand the repreal of the 'sodomy' thing. It's about time. Long overdue as far as I'm concerned. But approval of bestiality?? Did the senate really open up approval of that? Isn't bestiality animal cruelty? I googled and couldn't find anything on this ...

edit on 12/3/2011 by FlyersFan because: edited to say that's the title of the article - not my title.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
oops.. will refrain from several good jokes that spring to mind.. not need a ban..

Can understand the part on sodomy as homosexuals are allowed to serve..

but bestiality ???? I dont even want to know on that one...

maybe they should give the troops some leave time if animals are starting to look good to them...

*note to pet owners and farmers worldwide* lock up your pets to keep them safe..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ummm..............really? The sodomy thing is not my concern here, but bestiality? What are they on?

I am not sure what else to say on this, just wow.

Raist

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Wouldn't you say that the bestiality is part of the pork within the revision? I mean it would be good to look at the law itself to see what else could have been approved at the same time?

As far as how consenting adults chose to have sex is nobodies business and this revision is probably on par with that.

Blows your mind though just the same.

here is a quick explanation of the past bill and how it read:

Punitive Articles of the UCMJ
Article 125—Sodomy

“(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient
to complete the offense.

(b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall by punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Elements.

(1) That the accused engaged in unnatural carnal copulation with a certain other person or with an animal. (Note: Add either or both of the following elements, if applicable)

(2) That the act was done with a child under the age of 16.

(3) That the act was done by force and without the consent of the other person.

Explanation.

It is unnatural carnal copulation for a person to take into that person’s mouth or anus the sexual organ of another person or of an animal; or to place that person’s sexual organ in the mouth or anus of another person or of an animal; or to have carnal copulation in any opening of the body, except the sexual parts, with another person; or to have carnal copulation with an animal.

Lesser included offenses.

(1) With a child under the age of 16.

usmilitary.about.com...

So according to the changes does it also now allow sex with a child under the age of 12???

edit on 3-12-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Dec 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry, but I think this is hilarious. What on earth causes the senate of the most powerful government in the world to even consider passing a bill on bestiality? This is insane, it's like something out of a bad comedy flick. Your tax dollars are being spent well in the U.S. for sure. I mean, is there a backlog in the courts of hillbillys who like making love to their hunting dogs, or is some senators son an employee of a marine park where he hooked up with a bottle nosed dolphin and got caught?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I think it's easier to remove a whole bill rather than having to remove bits only to know have to draft smaller individual bills....It look rediculous even to have such a bill that would state otherwise....

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Good.

Now they can have sex with animals like camels, instead of raping each other.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Don't ask don't tell

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering if the story was true. But as we can all see ... right there in the language ... it DOES include sex with animals. YIKES!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Let's get real. It's clear that the problem is in the language of the original article. Putting sodomy and bestiality in the same category is absurd on the face of it. This is just another example of how some old laws and bills just don't make sense anymore.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Let's get real. It's clear that the problem is in the language of the original article. Putting sodomy and bestiality in the same category is absurd on the face of it. This is just another example of how some old laws and bills just don't make sense anymore.

Hope so!

On Nov. 15, the Senate Armed Services Committee had unanimously approved S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes a provision to repeal Article 125 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

Article 125 of the UCMJ makes it illegal to engage in both sodomy with humans and sex with animals

It states: "(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense. (b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Doesn't really sound like it

edit on 3-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sarge: Private! ! ! is that a nanny-goat you are nailing?
Private: yes sarge,im hetro !

I must apologize in advance,long night at a crappy job.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
America is quickly going down the tubes with the rest of the world. And what does our governing body do?
Allow bestiality? If they were to spend even a small amount of time on the problems that are real to America this nation could once again be great. but no we must look out for our Soldiers so that they can have legal sex with an OX! Where did we get these people? This is a Catastrophe for the US. It means that the real problems are not being addressed. Not that bestiality is not a problem, because it is dangerous.... and this is a very sick group of people who allow it......and guess what? We put them there! We caused this, and only we can straighten this up.
It's us...Not them! We put those Senators there. A word to America: There is no one else to blame: We have done this to ourselves. If we fail to correct this and other problems soon, We will go the way of the Romans.
DH

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wow sodomy? Lol thats what its called when two men or two women have sex? I think it should just be called sex because thats a negative word.

and Bestiality? I think thats animal abuse.. and thats never okay. I don't understand why.. I mean why...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
While I've never been attracted to an animal
I also don't see thepoint in making it illegal.

We can kill and eat them, we can test them with drugs and pharmaceuticals, we cantake their fur and hormones, so why can't we have sex with them.

I can't imagine ever wanting to, but I. Don't see any logical reason to make it illegal.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yep! Logically the entire thing had to be thrown out.

But what to say about those who choose to focus on the beastiality part.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Exactly! It's not like the law is preventing people who wish to engage in relations with animals from doing so. If someone wants to have sex with animals, they're not going to check to see if it's illegal.

Originally posted by Annee
But what to say about those who choose to focus on the beastiality part.

Good question... I would call it simple sensationalism... It's pretty popular today. Gets the blood pumping and gives people something to live for... I'm not a fan.

What I find amusing are the shocked responses like: What? Bestiality? Our government endorses bestiality???
I guess that is to be expected when people read and post these sensationalized headlines without going any further to explore the details of the story.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This topic is waaaay too sick for me.I am leaving now and
no one can take one of my cats out on a "date" either.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I also don't see thepoint in making it illegal..

Because there is always someone out there willing to abuse animals and be cruel to them.

I guess that is to be expected when people read and post these sensationalized headlines ....

I swear you do it on purpose ...
'Bestiality' ... it's sex with animals. It's what is discussed with the law.
Thus the title of the article states what is discussed with the law.
OY.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join