It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Honour' attack numbers revealed by UK police forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I find this a little alarming to say the least. Being a female myself, who has helped in the fight for equality in the UK for females for years. Something needs to be done to stop these Honour attacks an killings. Wither it is part of a religion or not. It has no place within society.

The attacks range from Mutilations to acid attacks, abduction, beatings an in some cases Muder.

I as a female find this really alarming and frighting that this even happens in the country where I live.

How do other members feel about this.

UK police recorded at least 2,823 so-called honour attacks last year, figures from 39 out of 52 forces show.

A freedom of information request by the Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation (Ikwro) revealed that nearly 500 of these were in London.

BBC News

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
But remember....these are only the ones that were reported/known of.

Im sure you could easily double those figures and add another 0 on the end if the truth be known

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As somebody who is 5'11 in height I oppose Honour killings.

I, standing only 5'11 in height find these actions utterly deplorable.
edit on 3-12-2011 by JessopJessopJessop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

So, if you were taller they would be ok?

Anyhoo, I think we all know that these types of "honour" attacks are not part of British society, but have been imported and is all part of the failure of some groups of people to assimilate and integrate, but rather hang on to backward and primitive ways of thinking...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

So, if you were taller they would be ok?

Anyhoo, I think we all know that these types of "honour" attacks are not part of British society, but have been imported and is all part of the failure of some groups of people to assimilate and integrate, but rather hang on to backward and primitive ways of thinking...

I was jesting. The OP mentioned several times that as a female she isn't happy with honour killings, so much so that you wouldn't be surprised for thinking men have no issue with them

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I thought as much

Yes, I noticed the oft repeated phrase too, but that's Laura for you!

But rest assured, us men care to. Things like this give the rest of us a bad name.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I beg your pardon?

Little personal attack there Stumason?

And there I thought even you never stooped that low.

If you do not have anything constructive to post then dont bother commenting in any threads I post thank you.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Excuse me Did I state that men did not worry about these Honor killings? No I did not, do not make false assumptions thank you very much. I was expressing my opinion being a female so what is wrong with that?

top topics

join