It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s in the Hell? Answering the question for good.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There is nothing in hell, because it does not exist. The concept of hell is nothing more than a myth fostered by the religious as a means to gain more control over people. I would actually like there to be a hell, there are certainly a lot of people who deserve to rot in it for eternity

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

edit on Sat Dec 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I am still confused. Could you cut that down into very simple terms for me?

Also.. How can we not escape our sins and errors?

"The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some regard slowness, but is being patient toward you, because he does not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. "

Like with my earlier scenario, what if the sin and errors were thought to be good and correct when the person was alive? Only after death did he realize the truth, and for being brainwashed all his life he has to spend eternity in Hell for it?

This is understood more if you have the perspective of morality in place. All truth is on three levels. First, it is literal. Second, it is moral. Third, it is spiritual. Salvation comes from spirit. The bridge between is overcoming the moral aspect of opposites. Good and evil; courage and fear and so on. Examine the seven virtues and compare these to the seven vices. See the Chart here.

These are obvious to anyone. We have no ignorance of truth. It is clearly seen from nature. We can live in ignorance for sure.

Hosea 4

6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

“Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also reject you as my priests;
because you have ignored the law of your God,
I also will ignore your children.
7 The more priests there were,
the more they sinned against me;
they exchanged their glorious God for something disgraceful.
8 They feed on the sins of my people
and relish their wickedness.
9 And it will be: Like people, like priests.
I will punish both of them for their ways
and repay them for their deeds.

Our choices express our use of knowledge. We are all bound by sin. "You must be born again." This truth allows us to realize that all generations have revealed a long-suffering God in and through us. Divine justice is seen in the light of where we have been and we we choose to go. "No matter where we go, there we will be, and until we realize that we can only be where we go, we will only be where we are." An article I quoted here reflects my own view of truth. Maybe it has a perspective that answers your question:

LINK

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
FEAR

Courage!

Look up! Hope is in the Lord!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
What kind of God or creator gets people to do what he wishes by threatening them with a place like hell?

You spend our whole life living in fear and guilt wondering if you are upetting the almighty one.

Look around you. People are living in fear and guilt, even without God. God is more forgiving than most people.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

During the 1000 years, those who died in Christ will be raised first. Raised to what? New life. Jesus said, “You must be born again.” This is the process. When the earth is renewed and the dead in Christ are raised first to rule with Christ, the others who are raised will be living under the rule and authority of Christ. If they reject him at the end of this last day of the lord, they are banished to hell with Satan when he is loosed again at the end of that day. This is the final judgment; the last chance at life. Why? Faith is now fact and there is no excuse.

This is the one that I keep studying and have lots of questions over.

In Revelation 20, it says that the ones who had not worshiped the beast or received his mark were the ones who reigned with Christ for 1,000 years. Revelation 5) "(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)"

So, what is your view on who exactly will be on earth during that 1,000 years? Who do you think are the ones who are still "dead"?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
To the OP:

You do realise that "Hell" is also a verb? In the old days, and maybe some people still do this, you would store fruits and veggies by digging a trench to below the frost line, put some straw in the bottom, put the fruits and/or veggies on the straw, add some more straw, and cover the whole thing with dirt. Later, you could dig out what you wanted. What was this called?? Helling - helling the potatoes, the turnips, etc.

Given this, I think "Hell" means no more than the grave. What say you?

Further, do you see a distinction between the Lake of Fire and Hell, as most people believe Hell to be?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

i'm sorry, thank you for taking time to reply but it makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

21:8 and those who practice magic spells”

do not practice magic.

i wonder why?

edit on 3-12-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

During the 1000 years, those who died in Christ will be raised first. Raised to what? New life. Jesus said, “You must be born again.” This is the process. When the earth is renewed and the dead in Christ are raised first to rule with Christ, the others who are raised will be living under the rule and authority of Christ. If they reject him at the end of this last day of the lord, they are banished to hell with Satan when he is loosed again at the end of that day. This is the final judgment; the last chance at life. Why? Faith is now fact and there is no excuse.

In Revelation 20, it says that the ones who had not worshiped the beast or received his mark were the ones who reigned with Christ for 1,000 years. Revelation 5) "(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)"

So, what is your view on who exactly will be on earth during that 1,000 years? Who do you think are the ones who are still "dead"?

The best way to know is to see it in the word for yourself. I will be wrong in my reading and so will everyone else. We can only connect the dots looking back. Looking forward, we see a hint at what will transpire. To be sure, it will not happen the way we think. This was true for the time when Christ walked the earth the first time.

From my reading, there are several resurrections. The one you refer to is the resurrection from hell to face the final judgment. The resurrection that happens at the 1000 year reign represent the dead in Christ. We live with Christ on earth for a full term of life (1000) years in preparation for the final judgment of the mass of souls that have lived. It's a mystery and we know very little of the details. It is my personal belief that the 7 billion that are here on earth now are all souls. We are here to see Christ come a second time. All eyes will see the Bible says. It is a witness of truth to all souls, even those who pierced Christ.

Rev. 1:7

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

We look back at history over the last 2000 years and see it well preserved on the media of the day. When Christ returns, this event will be seen world-wide and it will be recorded world-wide. The next 1000 years will be a time to teaching, directly from the Lord Himself. Faith becomes fact. When the 1000 years are finished, Satan and those who followed him will be raised to a new life.

This is where the Great White Throne of Judgment appears and a new week begins. There is a new heaven and a new earth.

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation” (John 5.28-29 KJV bible).

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

21:8 and those who practice magic spells”

do not practice magic.

i wonder why?

edit on 3-12-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

In Enoch I, the Angles revealed secrets to man before they were prepared for the fruit of knowledge. Apart from wisdom, knowledge is dangerous and corrupts as a means to power. Take a look at our leaders who worship Molech. The Bohemian Grove is a good example of practicing a forbidden craft in exchange for wealth and power. This will be their reward.

The Angles that fell were given 4900 years until they were to be judged. We are now at that time of judgment. Here is a previous thread where I cover this. LINK

Leviticus 18:21

"'Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD.

edit on 3-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is the biblical god all-knowing, meaning that he knows everything, past, present, and future? If so, how can anyone say that he created a place of eternal torment only for the fallen angels? When he created that place, he knew EXACTLY who he would be putting in there. He had to.

Or, did he create the place for the fallen angels, and when he saw man fall he thought, "Hmmm, I have just the place to put these sinners also...."? If so, then he isn't omniscient.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

hey man. you and your logic are not allowed here. ok? you are making too much sense and quite honestly...your kind ain't tolerated round here. this is Godland mister. you better take that logic and head for the hills...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
...there are certainly a lot of people who deserve to rot in it for eternity
No, there are not....well, imo. To me, no matter what anyone has done in this life, no one should have to be tortured for eternity. That is just insane. I mean, being punished infinitely for a finite crime? That makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

No, there are not....well, imo. To me, no matter what anyone has done in this life, no one should have to be tortured for eternity. That is just insane. I mean, being punished infinitely for a finite crime? That makes no sense.

Correct. That is what Jesus actually taught: reincarnation as understood in Tibetan Buddhism. Read the Tibetan book of the dead, it explains it very well. The body dies, and the spirit journeys into an imagined place that is finite and unpleasant in direct proportion to the dying one's evil deeds (if any). He or she will endure those unpleasantries, and it is advisable for a Buddhist teacher to be there to "talk them through it", literally....

ensuring them all the while that it will pass.

They will pass through that place, then meet up with a variety of deities, both frightening and benevolent, and then be BORN AGAIN. Literally. On earth. That is what Jesus actually meant "You must be born again" -- you are coming back until you get it right. Once you "get it", after many, many lifetimes, then your Spirit is awakened to the One Truth, and you are reunited with the Divine from which we all came. To which we are all connected.

ETA: In my understanding, after studying many different religions and actual histories.
edit on 24-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
SuperiorEd, you forgot the most important part.

REPENT

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

If we seek God for reward, we seek for the reward and not God. If we seek God to avoid judgment, we are seeking our own self-interests. To seek God in truth, we are required to seek Him apart from our own selfish pride. Humility is required. Living life allows God's consuming fire to convict us of our own pride. This is the flaming sword mentioned in Genesis 3 that protects the tree of life. We must love God for the good of life and the betterment of the many. Good is its own reward. Seeking from duplicity will not reveal love. Only humility before God in love for Him and his people will allow union to eternal life.

I can agree with this for the most part. Both old and new testaments tell us to tread in fear of the Lord our God. however the word "fear" does not mean to literally fear him but to show reverence for him. God wants our love, it was for this very reason he provided us with the free will covenant. You cannot truly love him if you literally fear him so fear is not the answer to loving him but you can truly love him while having the proper reverence for him.

He is a loving God and and a just God, he would move the entire universe for your love. He loved us all so much that he constantly kept trying to devise ways to save us from ourselves with believing in Jesus the Christ as his ultimate solution, his ultimate blood sacrifice and the mortal vessel he created to house him and it pleased him to sacrifice Jesus so that he could save the creation he loved so much.

Our God wants us to run to him like little children, for in his eyes that is how he sees us. I can honestly say my heart burns with a longing to be with him and see him and worship him. To see him in all his splendour and glory. It broke his heart when his chosen people rejected him but still he calls out to them, he calls out to all of us, the best of us and the worst of us.

The path to righteousness begins with humility, and humbleness and continues on through our love for him and our desire to obey our Abba (Father), our Adonai (Master). He died for all of our sins and bore what he didn't deserve, so great was his love for us that 2000 years later we sing songs to him and for him in adoration and worship. He alone deserves it. He gave us hope when we had none left.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

The ones who did not recieve the mark are those who did not reject Christ. Rejection of Christ is how you get the mark on your forehead, it is the spiritual rejection of Jesus while the mark on your right hand symbolizes your works, this too is a spiritual mark that shows that your works are not Holy and centered around Christ but centered on yourself (selfishness is of Satan, serving yourself is serving him).

Those who did not die during the tribulation but survived in captivity or on the run in the wilderness will be (in my opinion ofcourse) those chosen to replenish the earth once more during his 1000 year reign, the saints will already be with him in New Jerusalem so the logical conclusion is the christians who did not die during the tribulation. Those who stood against him at armageddon will be utterly destroyed, no unsaved flesh shall live to see his millenial reign. The only logical conclusion i can see is that the people who get saved during the tribulation after the rapture occurs being those who repopulate the earth since they have not rejected Christ.

Ofcourse i allow that i could be totally wrong, i am no prophet and do not have the gift for interpreting prophecy. The one thing that hangs in the back of my mind is Isaiah.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.

This verse from Isaiah 55 really makes me wonder just how much do we really know about this event?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
There is nothing in hell, because it does not exist. The concept of hell is nothing more than a myth fostered by the religious as a means to gain more control over people. I would actually like there to be a hell, there are certainly a lot of people who deserve to rot in it for eternity

I suppose you will find out in the end when you cross that bridge yes? For all your wishing and liking to see other people there, mayhap you may find yourself there in their stead. That would be poetic justice. God does have a sense of humor despite what many think.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Good stuff. God is worthy of our reverence and adoration. The interesting thing for me is to listen to the audio of Isaiah all the way through. Fear takes on an entirely new meaning when the emotions of these chapters run the mind through the ringer. Reverence is an actual fear of what God is capable of, but a trust and faith knowing that He loves us enough to relent from His anger. Shock and Awe is a good description.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

If we seek God for reward, we seek for the reward and not God. If we seek God to avoid judgment, we are seeking our own self-interests. To seek God in truth, we are required to seek Him apart from our own selfish pride. Humility is required. Living life allows God's consuming fire to convict us of our own pride. This is the flaming sword mentioned in Genesis 3 that protects the tree of life. We must love God for the good of life and the betterment of the many. Good is its own reward. Seeking from duplicity will not reveal love. Only humility before God in love for Him and his people will allow union to eternal life.

I can agree with this for the most part. Both old and new testaments tell us to tread in fear of the Lord our God. however the word "fear" does not mean to literally fear him but to show reverence for him. God wants our love, it was for this very reason he provided us with the free will covenant. You cannot truly love him if you literally fear him so fear is not the answer to loving him but you can truly love him while having the proper reverence for him.

He is a loving God and and a just God, he would move the entire universe for your love. He loved us all so much that he constantly kept trying to devise ways to save us from ourselves with believing in Jesus the Christ as his ultimate solution, his ultimate blood sacrifice and the mortal vessel he created to house him and it pleased him to sacrifice Jesus so that he could save the creation he loved so much.

Our God wants us to run to him like little children, for in his eyes that is how he sees us. I can honestly say my heart burns with a longing to be with him and see him and worship him. To see him in all his splendour and glory. It broke his heart when his chosen people rejected him but still he calls out to them, he calls out to all of us, the best of us and the worst of us.

The path to righteousness begins with humility, and humbleness and continues on through our love for him and our desire to obey our Abba (Father), our Adonai (Master). He died for all of our sins and bore what he didn't deserve, so great was his love for us that 2000 years later we sing songs to him and for him in adoration and worship. He alone deserves it. He gave us hope when we had none left.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join