It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some users and their avatars.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Please gentlemen, could you take care with your avatars.

I've a 19 inch screen, and sometimes, some avatars are taking HALF of my screen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't dare to imagine what would happened if I had a 14 or 15 inch screen.

Be cool.

Thanks.

P.S : There are ATS rules for avatars.Just check them.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I just noticed one that was very large, took up most of my screen as well. Here is the guidelines so you dont have to go look them up.

Originally posted by William

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes should not exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yeah, I wish I could use this one I was asked to change it cause its too big by like 3 pixels or something, but Teutso51*sp?* has a freaking billboard for an avatar and there are a couple others that slip by which are larger than the above i posted yet they have kept the same one for months feh

anyone know how to make it smaller yet keep it animated... i use to have animation shop but l dont have it on this comp guess i could find the cd.

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   

feh doesnt want to fit its too long oh well.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
We are doing everything we can...

Last couple of weeks I have u2u'ed more than a dozen members about their avatars.

If any of you come across an avatar that is too wide, or too big (in kb's) just u2u that member and ask him/her to change the avatar.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

If any of you come across an avatar that is too wide, or too big (in kb's) just u2u that member and ask him/her to change the avatar.

I know, I know....And before I do this topic, I did it , in a gentle and friendly manner.
But...Well...Bha, it doesn't matter. We'll see.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I agree that some folks choose avatars that are too big - the most annoying thing about that for me, is how long it takes to load a thread page that is full of big avatars.

I've found a German avatar site that offers free avatars and whilst broswsing the catagories thought many of the avatars there might fit ATS member tastes. The avatars are the size of mine and the catagories include: fantasy, sci-fi, music, comics, movies & others.

Free Avatar Site Link

All the Best,
Deep

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Good link deepwaters.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
thanks UP for bringing that up i got a 15 incher right here and sometimes it's like whoa thats huge then i cry , no i don;t cry i just get a little mad

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Lysergic: First of all, when my avatar WAS too big I promptly changed it when asked. So shut your mouth. U2U me next time if your so worried about it.

DeepWaters: Nice link.

Edit: Censor circumvention. From 3.5 years ago.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
yeah, i think that huge one was the member w/ the pic of nuns holding guns....not sure who that was, it was just too wide, but ish-okeh.....hey i just want ppl to know i am a girl, not a man.......some ppl think i'm a man w/ the screen name 'isis' but i am not, just FYI thanx i am not a gay man

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If you want a cool avatar, and it's too big...how about resizing it through Photoshop, or hell, even Paint???

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I cant find one that will work.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Isis Fibo:
That is the most well thought out name & coolest, most deliciously sardonic tag line I've seen in quite some time!!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm a new member. My avatar has disapeared? Was it removed by a mod? It fit all the guidelines

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Avatars are starting to break tables again.

It used to be that avatars over the size limit would not display. Why was this changed?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here are the avatars that I have used before and I have never got any complaints about them.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
posted on 11-4-2003 @ 02:56 PM;

check your u2us lolz!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
speaking of avatars - could anyone resize mine - it's a new one so if the ats logo could be put on at the same time i'd very much appreciate it as I don't have any of the software to do it.

thanks

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I found out that Microsoft office picture manager does a good job resizing to fit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join