It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA is out of control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So I was browsing the news stories this morning and I always like to read over Yahoo news stories cause you will never know what you might find. So I found this and I have to say it is utterly ridiculous the things we go through as Americans and the stuff we continue to allow to be done to us. I thought I would share and didn't see it posted anywhere.

I am going to post the article and a comment I found that was perfect for the problem.

news.yahoo.com...

Below is the best comment I have seen in a long time.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, COMMON SENSE, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- And maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies,

- Don't spend more than you can earn and adults, not children, are in charge.

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

COMMON SENSE lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

COMMON SENSE lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. COMMON SENSE took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. COMMON SENSE finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

COMMON SENSE was preceded in death, by his parents, TRUTH and TRUST, by his wife DISCRETION, his daughter RESPONSIBILITY, and his son, REASON. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers - I KNOW MY RIGHTS ... I WANT IT NOW ... SOMEONE ELSE IS TO BLAME and I'M THE VICTIM HERE. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized COMMON SENSE was gone.

So yea there it is would love to see what you all think of this one. I think this is exactly what Ventura was and is talking about.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

OMG!! Take her down, she's carrying a hollow piece of plastic!!

It is getting absolutely, effing ridiculous.
The quote is correct, COMMON SENSE is dead, and has been for at least 40 years.

S&F for bringing this to our attention.
edit on 3-12-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

TSA is out of control

Did you just figure that out?

Yeah I agree, they have been out of control since the beginning.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

Well I don't travel and all I get is stories here and there as I am not a avid reader of news. It is mostly depressing crap that I really would rather not read, so I usually just pass. This one caught my eye. So no i am not just figuring it out but I thought it was an appropriate title.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Stop blaming everyone else.

Engage.

Use your personal power.

We give our souls to the church.

We give our minds to the school.

We give our needs to the state.

Take care of yourself.

See something wrong? Escalate. Call in a manager.

Don't just be a victim and cry about how we are all powerless.

What could is the power and the wealth when you are alone with a killer?

Choose to live or feel free to die.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Well I agree that we should stop blaming everyone else, as we are the reason the government is the way it is.now because of our constant demands of you should do more for me. The more we let them into our lives the more they took control. Now a days you can't do anything like when you were a kid. I remember being spanked by my mom when I did wrong and I learned from it. These days if you spank your kid you are a child abuser.

It's utterly ridiculus the way that we have let our country and ourselves go.

As for doing something about it? Well I have tried, but unfortunately the majority of this country is to busy trying to be "green" or "caring for others" to think about doing anything to stop it. You are talking about the country that elected a man purely on his promise of change. The country that is worried about the amount of pollution that we individuals create on a daily basis at home, and think they are changing the world.

Or I could be completely wrong and the Occupy Movement is making changes as we speak.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Maybe it`s about time to " Occupy the TSA " !

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Well I was thinking something similar. Maybe it's about time the Occupy Movement starts Occupying something that will make a change like ummm the White House

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Uhmmm?

TSA is out of control

The TSA never were in control to begin with ... and that still remains the case!

Because you can't protect planes from surface to air missiles or lasers ... from the comfort of a passanger screening area inside the terminal!

Personal Disclosure: Wait until some suicide bomber decides that the airports passanger lounge is good enuff area to detonate themselves! ... Or even outside at the taxi rank!

top topics

join