It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘West’s policy on Syria could ignite WWIII’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
‘West’s policy on Syria could ignite WWIII’

The situation in Syria is just a warm-up before a real confrontation, which will draw Russia and China into action, believes Lawrence Freeman from the Executive Intelligence Review magazine.

­Russia and China are rightly worried about what is behind the policy of the US and its allies in Syria and Iran, Freeman told RT.

“President Obama is acting on a British geopolitical plan to force a confrontation with Russia and China, a military confrontation of which Syrian and Iran would nearly be the ignition point,” Freeman explained. “But the real goal is a war to stop the progress that Russia and China are engulfed in.”

“The Russians and the Chinese are seeing this played out again and they are beginning to respond,” he said. “Especially the Russians, they are responding militarily by sending the Kuznetsov aircraft carrier to the Syrian borders.”

It is a risky game, Freeman admits, but he thinks that Russians are aware of the danger of what could happen if they do not do it.

“This could result – and I think the Russians and the Chinese are aware of this – this could result in World War III,” he said. “So this is extremely dangerous, and measures have to be taken now to stop these policies by President Obama and the British.”

Political analyst Marcus Papadopoulos agrees that Russia will not allow the situation in Syria to end up as it did in Libya.

“The difference between Syria and Libya is the Russian factor,” he told RT. “Russia has made it very clear that what happened Libya will not happen in Syria and they’ve already vetoed a resolution at this Security Council, so of course there’s going to be a lot more talk by the UN of what can be done but I think the Russian factor will prove to be a critical one”.

Now given the source, there is probably some anti-west propaganda here but that is not to dismiss what could be a valid point. In fact, give the source, it may be broadcasting Russia's true intentions should a military confrontation with Syria and / or Iran get under way. There's quite the drama and foreboding here stating that Western policy could lead to WW III.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

RT is a brilliant news source, i have much respect for them reporting the news that matters, that main stream media fails to air, that and it's good to see a news source that isn't afraid to say it how it is.

Visit RT every day for a week, then visit another news source for week and see just how much important information is either not reported, or skewed in a way to keep the people happy and contained within the flock.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I'm not sure I agree with you, I have watched RT many times and have often found them to be highly sensationalist not unlike Press TV. They seem to often have interviews with highly dubious and totally uncredible guests like Colleen Thomas.

edit on 3-12-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
British geopolitical plan? This makes us sound like some sort of power crazy Nazi's.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Enough of the insults! The topic of this thread is "West's policy on Syria could ignite WWIII".

Please stick to debating or discussing the topic and not each other.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Personally I see most news sources including RT as biased..

While it is true the British have geopolitical strategies so does every other nation including America and Russia.

While on the subject of the Russian one and the rise of the Russian Eurasian Empire.. it advocates cutting Britain off from Europe, giving power of Europe to the Germans and containing China in the same way the American strategy contained the USSR.

In my humble opinion this is where pot meets kettle!

So in my opinion the best British strategy to counter the Russian strategy would be to tie up with China to ensure she is not contained by Russia.

Tho as far as Syria goes I hope this is not where all those different strategies bump heads as it will not be pleasant for the rest of us.

Edit to add a sampling of the different strategies being employed.

From Russia the Foundations of Geopolitics en.wikipedia.org...
From Britain the Heartland Theory en.wikipedia.org...
From the USA amongst others the Rimland Theory en.wikipedia.org...

It is interesting when you look into each of these strategies and see where they overlay each other and the risks having such strategies present to the world.. on the one hand you contain your foe on the other risk major conflict..

My hopes are that the issues surrounding Syria and Iran are resolved without the need for conflict.

edit on 3/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have to raise the BS flag on this one. Nothing is happening in Syria other than snactions and some extremely mild support for the opposition group but there wont be any Western military action or Muslim military action for that matter in Syria. It most definitely WONT be leading to WWIII.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It looks very anti-West to me, he claims that Obama is acting on a British geopolitical plan yet offers no evidence to back it up. Pretty much says it all on it's own. I have always wondered about our relationship with America, we have always backed them in times of war, as their allies it is our duty but I can't help but wonder. If we were involved in a conflict that had nothing to do with America, would they help us? I'm not slating anyone it is just a genuine question that I have always wondered.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ofcourse RT is biased. It's used as a propaganda tool by Putin and his cretins against the West. All aload of rubbish.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
China and Russia may have switched from nominal Communism to state fascism, but they are both still run by tiny secretive cadres of utterly ruthless and evil idealogues, the KGB and the CCP and still wish to destroy the 'Capitalist world' - they are just working hand in glove with the NWO now is all.

Problem is they couldn't use nukes to do it - too messy!

They simply funnelled nukes and technology to proxies - ie Iran, NK.

In Iran's case a regime of 12'ver nutters whose divine mission is to start WWIII and bring back their Mahdi - perfect!

The Mullahs calculate that by triggering WWIII the infidel powers will nuke each other off the chessboard - leaving the world at the mercy of the muslim hordes.

All the Mullahs are waiting for is an attack by Israel - they need this as 'religious justification' for the mega terror Holy war they have planned as retaliation - this is why they have been relentlessly backing Israel into a corner.

Russia and China are going to sit back and watch the western world collapse - but they must keep making noises to convince the Iranians that they are in fact on the brink of hostilities.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Time out for a reality check from all that sensationalism.

It really doesnt matter what Russia or China would do, can do or had done.

The thing that truly matters is WHAT Syrian citizens would do in the face of tyranny.

And there's nothing China or Russia, or even the world, can do to prevent justice or stop inevitable change from happening in Syria today or in the immediate future where and when it counts, or those powers too will face the wrath from the Syrian people as well.

May Putin and the CCP gov, whom are facing more breakaway states hopes and citizen unrests in their own lands, take heed.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
All broadcast news is propaganda. Each has its own particular slant of bias.

The point is you have to watch it all and try and put the picture together, understanding who owns that news service and what their agenda is.

If you watch any one in isolation you are misled.

As a UK citizen the idea that the UK government has any kind of master plan is laughable. We're a broke, declining ,post imperial nation. The USA took the imperial reigns after world war 2.

Blaming the UK for being criminal masterminds manipulating the USA is a perplexing trend i've seen on here lately. It must be a symptom of transference from Americans who are realising their countrys hands are as dirty as everyone else's and looking for an excuse.

The iranians kick the UK because of our bad history in the region (understandable) and because we are a useful proxy to abuse instead of the USA (the little satan).

new topics

top topics

join