It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were GOD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
If I was GOD, then we as humans would not exist.

I would have seen by my omnipresent powers that the suffering would not have been justified, and would not ever create such a sorry excuse for life.

In my image...I think not.

If humans are made in god's image then it makes you wonder what God is like.........

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alltogethernow

If I were God, everything would be exactly how it is.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

Originally posted by mileysubet
If I was GOD, then we as humans would not exist.

I would have seen by my omnipresent powers that the suffering would not have been justified, and would not ever create such a sorry excuse for life.

In my image...I think not.

If humans are made in god's image then it makes you wonder what God is like.........

That's meant to mean we are 3 is one, just like God's nature is. We are body, soul, and spirit. When our bodies die our soul and spirit move on. And we aren't 3 people, we are one person. God is Father, Son and Spirit, and He is one. That's what it means when God created us in His image.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
If god doesn't send people to hell, how am I going to get there? Walk to it on my own accord?

They come and take you.

"To Your Door Service"

edit on 3-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

If god doesn't send people to hell, how am I going to get there? Walk to it on my own accord?

They come and take you.

"To Your Door Service"

...and who would "they" be?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

They come and take you.

"To Your Door Service"

...and who would "they" be?

Unclean spirits and fallen angels not yet condemned to the abyss/pit. Unless you're in a covenant relationship with the Lord you are by default property of Hell. God doesn't need to "send" you there, "they" will come and take you.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Suppose an atheist was right in their quest to win the argument, as to if there is a God or not, they seem to be andamant. What have they won? Seems a shallow victory? And you have impressed no one.? Just the realization that all this was for nothing... Just for hedonistic pleasure?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Unclean spirits and fallen angels not yet condemned to the abyss/pit. Unless you're in a covenant relationship with the Lord you are by default property of Hell. God doesn't need to "send" you there, "they" will come and take you.

Ok ok. Unclean spirits and fallen angels can enter hell with their victims, and then leave as they please? That sounds strange. The ones who are condemned to the abyss/pit just kinda sit back and watch their friends come and go with sinners in their clutches?

Next, show me the scripture where it says what you claim.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Suppose an atheist was right in their quest to win the argument, as to if there is a God or not, they seem to be andamant. What have they won? Seems a shallow victory? And you have impressed no one.? Just the realization that all this was for nothing... Just for hedonistic pleasure?

They have won truth. Muslim women could be treated as equal, no need to hide under their clothing as their beliefs dictate. Homosexuals no longer have to be treated unequally. Amish people can join us in present day civilization. Catholics don't have to be afraid if they miss a mass. Wars and threats over religious beliefs may stop. People won't have to be burned in Africa anymore because they are accused of being a witch, etc.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Ok ok. Unclean spirits and fallen angels can enter hell with their victims, and then leave as they please? That sounds strange.
No.
They do not enter Hell.
They work to separate your spirit soul from your physical body or soul or whatever.
They get you going in the right direction and from there you have a sort of momentum which takes over and you fall until you find yourself in this strange sort of world in the center of the earth.
I don't have verses for this but know this from personal experience of my own journey into the netherworld.
edit on 5-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Ok ok. Unclean spirits and fallen angels can enter hell with their victims, and then leave as they please? That sounds strange. The ones who are condemned to the abyss/pit just kinda sit back and watch their friends come and go with sinners in their clutches?

Next, show me the scripture where it says what you claim.

Don't you remember the story in the gospels about Christ sending a legion of unclean spirits into a heard of swine? Those spirits were aware of several things. Some of which are:

1. Jesus is the Son of God.
2. That Jesus has the authority to send them to their judgment.
3. That they have a future judgment that they are aware of. (Condemned to the Abyss/Pit)

These spirits begged Jesus not to condemn them to the Abyss/Pit before their "appointed time".

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Don't you remember the story in the gospels about Christ sending a legion of unclean spirits into a heard of swine? Those spirits were aware of several things. Some of which are:

1. Jesus is the Son of God.
2. That Jesus has the authority to send them to their judgment.
3. That they have a future judgment that they are aware of. (Condemned to the Abyss/Pit)

These spirits begged Jesus not to condemn them to the Abyss/Pit before their "appointed time".

Sure I do. What does that have to do with them taking humans to hell? Next, why did Jesus answer the plea of unclean spirits?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
They do not enter Hell.
They work to separate your spirit soul from your physical body or soul or whatever.
They get you going in the right direction and from there you have a sort of momentum which takes over and you fall until you find yourself in this strange sort of world in the center of the earth.
I don't have verses for this but know this from personal experience of my own journey into the netherworld.

If they do this, and it is your momentum that propels you into the center of the earth, what stops you? If you can "phase" through all the earthly material and fall to the center of the earth, why don't you keep going until you end up coming back out of the earth and fly out into space?

Matthew 25:41-46 says, "Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

So, it shows that we are cursed into eternal fire, not darkness, not separation, but fire. Next, how do we get there? Do the unclean spirits take us there after we are judged via momentum?
edit on 5-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Spot on.

I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY... THE UNIVERSE IS ALREADY IN DIVINE ORDER.

The moment we establish a right relation with the Mind behind the Universe, in that moment we begin to see as ultimately good certain experiences which we formerly thought to be evil, and we begin to see as dreamlike many sufferings which we formerly saw as real.

IMHO - "LIFE AFTER DEATH" EXISTS - SO IF WE ALL "SURVIVE" LIFE'S EVILS ON EARTH - THEN IN THE WORDS OF JOHN LENNON... "NOTHING IS REAL AND NOTHING TO GET HUNG ABOUT"...STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by killemall
reply to post by GR1ill3d

Easy, speeding ticket means by signing the drivers licence (permission to do something illegal) you must have agreed/UNDERSTOOD to be fined if you are caught speeding, right? Or you would not be accountable if you did not understand therefore could not agree.
Children not of the age of understanding are not accountable

"Children not of the age of understanding are not accountable" Noah's arc says hello. What about the babies in that time that "Are not of age to be held accountable"? Did they deserve to die?

I should not have used the speeding ticket scenario as an example, since they are not even close to the same. That was my mistake. I was just trying to make sense of the matter at the time. The logic that "They are sinners because they are born into a sinful world" Is flawed, bigoted and stereotypical. A child had NO choice in being created. It had NO say in the matter. Therefore how would they have sin at all or be labeled as a sinner for being brought into a world without any say so.

You might as well just say "Hey look that person has darker skin, a beard and a turban, must be a terrorist!"

Just because Hitler killed 6 million or so people does not mean every German out there is a Nazi does it?
This is exactly what I see when I see blanket statements of "They are born into a world of sin, therefore they are sinners no question about it."

Understand I respect your belief in your own religions. But you must see where someone can see the flawed logic in such statements.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join